Profile Picture

Cannot import a DAZ figure into CC3 (non compatible profile error; but I have no hidden mesh)

Posted By lollosone 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Cannot import a DAZ figure into CC3 (non compatible profile error; but...

Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
lollosone (11/8/2018)
 Which seems to point at the issue with Sakura at this point. Hinami is a figure based on Sakura so makes sense that it won't load either.
I am going through all the base figures I have to see which one load; so at least I can get an idea of the extent in which I can use CC3 export. I still can't import successfully even the CC3 mesh in Unity; but that is a secondary problem; due to a bug probably (I get no albedo nor normal maps when exporting), so first I want to see how much of the DAZ content I can actually export through CC3.

It's the eyeballs -- they are specialized ones that will not work.  Delete them and she'll load in properly.  However, then she will have no eyeballs (which I assume isn't the look you're going for).  You can adjust the ones that CC3 supplies by moving them forward and around a bit, but then you'll have to adjust the textures (and you won't exactly end up with an Anime look, although I suspect you can fool with this better):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c36f6dec-7ddf-40d9-999c-d208.png

I tested hundreds of Daz avatars with CC3 but I could not test them all (and Anime isn't my thing).  And, of course, they release new ones all the time.  So there may be "gotchas" out there but by and large 99% of all of them work just fine or you can find the workaround.  If there is any specific ones you have trouble with, just let me know and I'll see if I can find out what the issue is.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Would be awesome if someone would make an extensive list of what works and what does not...the value of CC3 for me is based mostly on what I can use from DAZ catalog and what I already own.

Also I would hope that Reallusion would eventually automate the process of finding unsupported elements and return to the user a clear explanation; so it is easier to go in and fix problems in DS Smile
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Kelleytoons (11/8/2018)

It's the eyeballs -- they are specialized ones that will not work.  Delete them and she'll load in properly.  However, then she will have no eyeballs (which I assume isn't the look you're going for).  You can adjust the ones that CC3 supplies by moving them forward and around a bit, but then you'll have to adjust the textures (and you won't exactly end up with an Anime look, although I suspect you can fool with this better):
I tested hundreds of Daz avatars with CC3 but I could not test them all (and Anime isn't my thing).  And, of course, they release new ones all the time.  So there may be "gotchas" out there but by and large 99% of all of them work just fine or you can find the workaround.  If there is any specific ones you have trouble with, just let me know and I'll see if I can find out what the issue is.

Sir, you are a hero.
Not sure how did you dig down to find that it was the eyes, but it is brilliant! Indeed I was going for the anime look; which is 50% of what I work with; so not having the exact eyes may be an issue. I can "add" extra eyeballs probably; although I have to do this from DS probably; never tried an eye transplant before Smile

BTW when you import DAZ content, do you use it in CC only or do you export it? I am very interested in feedback about the export part, especially with Unity; because I can't get it to work as the plain export from DS. The plan is to get CC3 license before my trial expire; and convert my DS in CC3 format, so I can export quickly clothes, figures and accessories.
Thanks again for your time in checking this issue!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

I only use CC3 content in iClone, so I can't really help with other programs nor even comment on the export process (in iClone the translation is transparent).

Anime is tough not only for this specific example but because one major flaw in CC3 is the eyelids do not close over such eyes (you can see this with the eyelid close button).  The only way to get this perfect is to edit the whole thing in 3DXChange and create your own OBJ morph for the close eyes.  That whole process is a PITA and kind of negates the idea that CC3 Pipeline is "standalone".  The devs are aware of this -- but whether it gets fixed (or fixed soon) is anyone's guess.  If Anime is really your thing and this is going to be a problem for you I'd just say wait until CC3 can actually handle this.

As to whether the program should also identify what is kosher and what isn't -- up to a point this does happen.  For example, that avatar also has eyeball sockets and something else this old brain doesn't remember right now, and both of those things are translated into cloths when it comes into CC3.  But for eyes and teeth proper (as well as the base mesh) CC3 expects the right number of verts in the right order (or you get that "no profile" message) and I don't know how they would address it otherwise.  

And, as I said, I have imported literally hundreds of avatars and thousands of pieces of clothing and hair, and about 99% work just fine (again, except for the eye closing issue of many characters with larger than normal eyes).  I couldn't even begin to put together such a list (I ain't getting paid for such) and RL doesn't have the resources (for one thing I don't think they have even a tenth of my collection, which was acquired over the years).  So they could hardly say what works and what doesn't.  Perhaps users could put together a database of known things that DON'T work (that would be more doable but it would still require some sort of coordination that RL won't be able to provide and, again, I can't). 

But what I DO offer is that anyone who has a problem with any avatar, piece of clothing, or hair to just let me know and I'll see if I can find out what that problem is.  I've been doing this since CC3 was released and I don't mind doing it.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
dennisallums
dennisallums
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)Senior Member (321 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Character Creator 3 Does not import anything from Daz. Even the most basic child with no clothes or features other than animation and even it won't import. I've done all the things Ky talks about in the video from going from HD to basic etc.... and nothing works. I even uninstalled and then reinstalled CC3 three times and no difference. 
Help - Ready to give up.
Edited
6 Years Ago by dennisallums
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, relax.  Don't give up -- it will work.  We just need to find where the issue is.

First things first -- make sure you've updated your video drivers.  This is VERY important, as a lot of stuff happens in the GPU.  

Next, what figure are you trying?  You say "child" but there really isn't a basic "child" figure in Daz.  Let's start with the Gen 8 Female, nude.  I've attached a file here you should try (it comes free with the free Daz so I don't think I'm breaking any forum rules here, but we'll delete it once you've downloaded it just in case).

So press the Transformer button in CC3 and then choose "Basic" and tell me what happens then (I'm off to bed but I'll check this in about six hours from now):

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Attachments
Gen8Female.zip (47 views, 1.00 MB)
ahingel
ahingel
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (566 reputation)Veteran Member (566 reputation)Veteran Member (566 reputation)Veteran Member (566 reputation)Veteran Member (566 reputation)Veteran Member (566 reputation)Veteran Member (566 reputation)Veteran Member (566 reputation)Veteran Member (566 reputation)

i had exactly the same issue with sakura

i did every cloth, hair, eyebrows etc as shown in the video for the sneakers

if you do exactly the same steps it will be solved and she will be imported BigGrin
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ahingel (12/3/2018)
i had exactly the same issue with sakura

i did every cloth, hair, eyebrows etc as shown in the video for the sneakers

if you do exactly the same steps it will be solved and she will be imported BigGrin

I am doing something wrong then Smile I will spend more time during the holiday period on it; to figure out how to import Sakura models.
I just wish that the Reallusion dev team would actually do something to fix such issues. I was told that new tutorials will be released "soon"; although how soon is soon? Smile
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I had similar eye issues with V4, M4 imports, I had to "LOCK" the eyes in DAZ to keep them in place, also locked the "SCALE" for the eyes to keep them from bugging out in CC3.  Not sure if this would work for the Sakura character or not but might be worth a test.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

manjuriaonline
manjuriaonline
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have two machines.  1 and 2.  On machine 1 I can export V4 from poser 11 (FBX) and import into CC3 just fine.  On machine 2 it doesn't work at all.  I get the "no profile found" error message.  If I take an export of V4 that was done on machine 1, and use the transformer tool on machine 2 to import, it works just fine.  I use the exact same export parameters on each machine yet machine 2 will not import an FBX from Poser 11.  I have even tried to import the base version of victoria 4.2, with no morphs.  Still does not work.  Need ideas.  

Reading This Topic