Profile Picture

Cannot import a DAZ figure into CC3 (non compatible profile error; but I have no hidden mesh)

Posted By lollosone 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Cannot import a DAZ figure into CC3 (non compatible profile error; but...

Author
lollosone
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Trying to load a DAZ mesh in CC3; but so far I only get the error because there is no compatible profile.

I did use a G8 variant (Sakura character called Hinami) , LP anime hair for G8 female and sci-fi action clothes set.
After watching the online videos, I did check that no geometry was hidden; in DAZ before exporting; followed to the letter the instructions in the video; and yet, I can't get the figure to load at all in CC3. I also reduced the character resolution to base; but I still get the error.

Not sure at this point what else I should try; I can try other figures; but the expectation was that every G8 DAZ figure should work; so I am afraid to waste more time trying to load more figures and getting the same error.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Might be hidden mesh or something with that particular character. All the body mesh must be visible when you export from DAZ. Sometimes it's under clothing or shoes.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
As Rampa says.  If you are still having troubles, let me know *exactly* what hair and outfit you are trying and I'll see if I can find out what the problem is.

(And the best way to troubleshoot hidden mesh is to first try the character nude, without hair).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Hi,
I can exclude hidden meshes; since I did check that the mesh is visible when I remove the clothing.
As mentioned in the original post, I did follow the videos online to troubleshoot the figure; making all mesh elements visible; and reduced the figure texture quality to basic.
Tried all the fixes described in the video about "problems with the DAZ figure import" and none did work.
As far as figure and clothes used; I did mention them in the original post. The figure is a variant of Sakura; which is a variant of G8 female. I even tried to not load the figure directly, and loaded the G8 figure then applied the Sakura morphs only, and then added the clothes on top of it and it didn't work either.

I did spend about 2 hours going back and forth with DAZ studio, exporting the figure every time but nothing did work; it gets to 20% and then the app give me the error message. I can get you the links to the items used on the DAZ site, if you want to check. I can try to use just the base G8 figure, but I have a ton of morph characters and clothes to use; which I can import straight out of DAZ studio in Unity; so if CC3 is not able to do so; I am not sure I can actually use CC3 at all.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
As I said, you always need to start first with the basics to make sure it's not a problem elsewhere.

So let's start there -- can you import ONLY a G8 female (nude with no hair or clothes).  Does that work for you?  If not there are other things going on in your system we can troubleshoot.

If you CAN import the G8 -- can you import the G8 Character Hinami (again, nude, no hair or clothes).  Does that work for you?  If not, we can look specifically at that avatar (one of the few I don't have -- I have the base Sakura but not the Hinami morph, but I'm willing to buy it if it doesn't work for you so I can help, but first you need to tell us if you tried to import ONLY that nude figure).

If both of these things work, then you need to start with the hair on one of them.  Then you need to start with the clothes.  We need to strip your problem down to its essentials in order to be able to troubleshoot.  I have imported literally hundreds of Daz avatars along with thousands of pieces of clothing and hair using CC3.  Trust me, we CAN find out what the problem is, but you need to work with us.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Make sure your resolution level is normal. No sub-d anything in DAZ.
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (11/7/2018)
As I said, you always need to start first with the basics to make sure it's not a problem elsewhere.

So let's start there -- can you import ONLY a G8 female (nude with no hair or clothes).  Does that work for you?  If not there are other things going on in your system we can troubleshoot.

If you CAN import the G8 -- can you import the G8 Character Hinami (again, nude, no hair or clothes).  Does that work for you?  If not, we can look specifically at that avatar (one of the few I don't have -- I have the base Sakura but not the Hinami morph, but I'm willing to buy it if it doesn't work for you so I can help, but first you need to tell us if you tried to import ONLY that nude figure).

If both of these things work, then you need to start with the hair on one of them.  Then you need to start with the clothes.  We need to strip your problem down to its essentials in order to be able to troubleshoot.  I have imported literally hundreds of Daz avatars along with thousands of pieces of clothing and hair using CC3.  Trust me, we CAN find out what the problem is, but you need to work with us.

Totally understandable; I appreciate.
So this is the gist: standard G8, with base complexity and 0 for both sub-d and render sub-d (they were 1 and 2 by default when loading G8); does load in CC3.
I did load Sakura naked with no hair or any other prop; same base complexity and 0 for sub-d and it gives me the error. Which seems to point at the issue with Sakura at this point. Hinami is a figure based on Sakura so makes sense that it won't load either.
I am going through all the base figures I have to see which one load; so at least I can get an idea of the extent in which I can use CC3 export. I still can't import successfully even the CC3 mesh in Unity; but that is a secondary problem; due to a bug probably (I get no albedo nor normal maps when exporting), so first I want to see how much of the DAZ content I can actually export through CC3.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Someone else just posted the reason, I think. "Custom eyebrows"!

Some Dazzies have custom bits. Only the standard G's are supported.
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa (11/8/2018)
Someone else just posted the reason, I think. "Custom eyebrows"!

Some Dazzies have custom bits. Only the standard G's are supported.

Wow, that really throw you off Smile No idea why that would affect the import; nor why CC3 is not able to solve the issue on its own; but at least is something nice to know .

I did try with a different character, called "Minto", and she was imported with clothes and hair no problem. I guess I have to check the assets I have and see what loads and what does not; and keep an eye on eyebrows Tongue
Did Reallusion release a list of the DAZ assets that are working for sure? I know that the g8 figures are supported, although I am interested more in the variants and morphs; since I have plenty of them
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Standard G1-8, Hivewire Dawn, Dusk, Gorilla, Luna, DAZ Vic/Mic4, and Poser Vic/Mic 4 are supported.

Anything that changes the body mesh or skeleton will not work without fixing. If you have a geograft, like fancy eyebrows or naught bits, you need to make sure the body mesh that the geograft normally hides is visible. 

The eyebrows can be imported as "clothing" that way, but will not move with the facial blendshapes. Any other part of the body will be fine, it's just facial blendshapes do not drive clothing.

Reading This Topic