Cannot import a DAZ figure into CC3 (non compatible profile error; but I have no hidden mesh)

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic392601.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By lollosone - 6 Years Ago
Trying to load a DAZ mesh in CC3; but so far I only get the error because there is no compatible profile.

I did use a G8 variant (Sakura character called Hinami) , LP anime hair for G8 female and sci-fi action clothes set.
After watching the online videos, I did check that no geometry was hidden; in DAZ before exporting; followed to the letter the instructions in the video; and yet, I can't get the figure to load at all in CC3. I also reduced the character resolution to base; but I still get the error.

Not sure at this point what else I should try; I can try other figures; but the expectation was that every G8 DAZ figure should work; so I am afraid to waste more time trying to load more figures and getting the same error.
By Rampa - 6 Years Ago
Might be hidden mesh or something with that particular character. All the body mesh must be visible when you export from DAZ. Sometimes it's under clothing or shoes.

By Kelleytoons - 6 Years Ago
As Rampa says.  If you are still having troubles, let me know *exactly* what hair and outfit you are trying and I'll see if I can find out what the problem is.

(And the best way to troubleshoot hidden mesh is to first try the character nude, without hair).
Hi,
I can exclude hidden meshes; since I did check that the mesh is visible when I remove the clothing.
As mentioned in the original post, I did follow the videos online to troubleshoot the figure; making all mesh elements visible; and reduced the figure texture quality to basic.
Tried all the fixes described in the video about "problems with the DAZ figure import" and none did work.
As far as figure and clothes used; I did mention them in the original post. The figure is a variant of Sakura; which is a variant of G8 female. I even tried to not load the figure directly, and loaded the G8 figure then applied the Sakura morphs only, and then added the clothes on top of it and it didn't work either.

I did spend about 2 hours going back and forth with DAZ studio, exporting the figure every time but nothing did work; it gets to 20% and then the app give me the error message. I can get you the links to the items used on the DAZ site, if you want to check. I can try to use just the base G8 figure, but I have a ton of morph characters and clothes to use; which I can import straight out of DAZ studio in Unity; so if CC3 is not able to do so; I am not sure I can actually use CC3 at all.
As I said, you always need to start first with the basics to make sure it's not a problem elsewhere.

So let's start there -- can you import ONLY a G8 female (nude with no hair or clothes).  Does that work for you?  If not there are other things going on in your system we can troubleshoot.

If you CAN import the G8 -- can you import the G8 Character Hinami (again, nude, no hair or clothes).  Does that work for you?  If not, we can look specifically at that avatar (one of the few I don't have -- I have the base Sakura but not the Hinami morph, but I'm willing to buy it if it doesn't work for you so I can help, but first you need to tell us if you tried to import ONLY that nude figure).

If both of these things work, then you need to start with the hair on one of them.  Then you need to start with the clothes.  We need to strip your problem down to its essentials in order to be able to troubleshoot.  I have imported literally hundreds of Daz avatars along with thousands of pieces of clothing and hair using CC3.  Trust me, we CAN find out what the problem is, but you need to work with us.
By Rampa - 6 Years Ago
Make sure your resolution level is normal. No sub-d anything in DAZ.
Kelleytoons (11/7/2018)
As I said, you always need to start first with the basics to make sure it's not a problem elsewhere.

So let's start there -- can you import ONLY a G8 female (nude with no hair or clothes).  Does that work for you?  If not there are other things going on in your system we can troubleshoot.

If you CAN import the G8 -- can you import the G8 Character Hinami (again, nude, no hair or clothes).  Does that work for you?  If not, we can look specifically at that avatar (one of the few I don't have -- I have the base Sakura but not the Hinami morph, but I'm willing to buy it if it doesn't work for you so I can help, but first you need to tell us if you tried to import ONLY that nude figure).

If both of these things work, then you need to start with the hair on one of them.  Then you need to start with the clothes.  We need to strip your problem down to its essentials in order to be able to troubleshoot.  I have imported literally hundreds of Daz avatars along with thousands of pieces of clothing and hair using CC3.  Trust me, we CAN find out what the problem is, but you need to work with us.

Totally understandable; I appreciate.
So this is the gist: standard G8, with base complexity and 0 for both sub-d and render sub-d (they were 1 and 2 by default when loading G8); does load in CC3.
I did load Sakura naked with no hair or any other prop; same base complexity and 0 for sub-d and it gives me the error. Which seems to point at the issue with Sakura at this point. Hinami is a figure based on Sakura so makes sense that it won't load either.
I am going through all the base figures I have to see which one load; so at least I can get an idea of the extent in which I can use CC3 export. I still can't import successfully even the CC3 mesh in Unity; but that is a secondary problem; due to a bug probably (I get no albedo nor normal maps when exporting), so first I want to see how much of the DAZ content I can actually export through CC3.
By Rampa - 6 Years Ago
Someone else just posted the reason, I think. "Custom eyebrows"!

Some Dazzies have custom bits. Only the standard G's are supported.
Rampa (11/8/2018)
Someone else just posted the reason, I think. "Custom eyebrows"!

Some Dazzies have custom bits. Only the standard G's are supported.

Wow, that really throw you off Smile No idea why that would affect the import; nor why CC3 is not able to solve the issue on its own; but at least is something nice to know .

I did try with a different character, called "Minto", and she was imported with clothes and hair no problem. I guess I have to check the assets I have and see what loads and what does not; and keep an eye on eyebrows Tongue
Did Reallusion release a list of the DAZ assets that are working for sure? I know that the g8 figures are supported, although I am interested more in the variants and morphs; since I have plenty of them
By Rampa - 6 Years Ago
Standard G1-8, Hivewire Dawn, Dusk, Gorilla, Luna, DAZ Vic/Mic4, and Poser Vic/Mic 4 are supported.

Anything that changes the body mesh or skeleton will not work without fixing. If you have a geograft, like fancy eyebrows or naught bits, you need to make sure the body mesh that the geograft normally hides is visible. 

The eyebrows can be imported as "clothing" that way, but will not move with the facial blendshapes. Any other part of the body will be fine, it's just facial blendshapes do not drive clothing.
lollosone (11/8/2018)
 Which seems to point at the issue with Sakura at this point. Hinami is a figure based on Sakura so makes sense that it won't load either.
I am going through all the base figures I have to see which one load; so at least I can get an idea of the extent in which I can use CC3 export. I still can't import successfully even the CC3 mesh in Unity; but that is a secondary problem; due to a bug probably (I get no albedo nor normal maps when exporting), so first I want to see how much of the DAZ content I can actually export through CC3.

It's the eyeballs -- they are specialized ones that will not work.  Delete them and she'll load in properly.  However, then she will have no eyeballs (which I assume isn't the look you're going for).  You can adjust the ones that CC3 supplies by moving them forward and around a bit, but then you'll have to adjust the textures (and you won't exactly end up with an Anime look, although I suspect you can fool with this better):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c36f6dec-7ddf-40d9-999c-d208.png

I tested hundreds of Daz avatars with CC3 but I could not test them all (and Anime isn't my thing).  And, of course, they release new ones all the time.  So there may be "gotchas" out there but by and large 99% of all of them work just fine or you can find the workaround.  If there is any specific ones you have trouble with, just let me know and I'll see if I can find out what the issue is.
Would be awesome if someone would make an extensive list of what works and what does not...the value of CC3 for me is based mostly on what I can use from DAZ catalog and what I already own.

Also I would hope that Reallusion would eventually automate the process of finding unsupported elements and return to the user a clear explanation; so it is easier to go in and fix problems in DS Smile
Kelleytoons (11/8/2018)

It's the eyeballs -- they are specialized ones that will not work.  Delete them and she'll load in properly.  However, then she will have no eyeballs (which I assume isn't the look you're going for).  You can adjust the ones that CC3 supplies by moving them forward and around a bit, but then you'll have to adjust the textures (and you won't exactly end up with an Anime look, although I suspect you can fool with this better):
I tested hundreds of Daz avatars with CC3 but I could not test them all (and Anime isn't my thing).  And, of course, they release new ones all the time.  So there may be "gotchas" out there but by and large 99% of all of them work just fine or you can find the workaround.  If there is any specific ones you have trouble with, just let me know and I'll see if I can find out what the issue is.

Sir, you are a hero.
Not sure how did you dig down to find that it was the eyes, but it is brilliant! Indeed I was going for the anime look; which is 50% of what I work with; so not having the exact eyes may be an issue. I can "add" extra eyeballs probably; although I have to do this from DS probably; never tried an eye transplant before Smile

BTW when you import DAZ content, do you use it in CC only or do you export it? I am very interested in feedback about the export part, especially with Unity; because I can't get it to work as the plain export from DS. The plan is to get CC3 license before my trial expire; and convert my DS in CC3 format, so I can export quickly clothes, figures and accessories.
Thanks again for your time in checking this issue!
I only use CC3 content in iClone, so I can't really help with other programs nor even comment on the export process (in iClone the translation is transparent).

Anime is tough not only for this specific example but because one major flaw in CC3 is the eyelids do not close over such eyes (you can see this with the eyelid close button).  The only way to get this perfect is to edit the whole thing in 3DXChange and create your own OBJ morph for the close eyes.  That whole process is a PITA and kind of negates the idea that CC3 Pipeline is "standalone".  The devs are aware of this -- but whether it gets fixed (or fixed soon) is anyone's guess.  If Anime is really your thing and this is going to be a problem for you I'd just say wait until CC3 can actually handle this.

As to whether the program should also identify what is kosher and what isn't -- up to a point this does happen.  For example, that avatar also has eyeball sockets and something else this old brain doesn't remember right now, and both of those things are translated into cloths when it comes into CC3.  But for eyes and teeth proper (as well as the base mesh) CC3 expects the right number of verts in the right order (or you get that "no profile" message) and I don't know how they would address it otherwise.  

And, as I said, I have imported literally hundreds of avatars and thousands of pieces of clothing and hair, and about 99% work just fine (again, except for the eye closing issue of many characters with larger than normal eyes).  I couldn't even begin to put together such a list (I ain't getting paid for such) and RL doesn't have the resources (for one thing I don't think they have even a tenth of my collection, which was acquired over the years).  So they could hardly say what works and what doesn't.  Perhaps users could put together a database of known things that DON'T work (that would be more doable but it would still require some sort of coordination that RL won't be able to provide and, again, I can't). 

But what I DO offer is that anyone who has a problem with any avatar, piece of clothing, or hair to just let me know and I'll see if I can find out what that problem is.  I've been doing this since CC3 was released and I don't mind doing it.
By dennisallums - 6 Years Ago
Character Creator 3 Does not import anything from Daz. Even the most basic child with no clothes or features other than animation and even it won't import. I've done all the things Ky talks about in the video from going from HD to basic etc.... and nothing works. I even uninstalled and then reinstalled CC3 three times and no difference. 
Help - Ready to give up.
Okay, relax.  Don't give up -- it will work.  We just need to find where the issue is.

First things first -- make sure you've updated your video drivers.  This is VERY important, as a lot of stuff happens in the GPU.  

Next, what figure are you trying?  You say "child" but there really isn't a basic "child" figure in Daz.  Let's start with the Gen 8 Female, nude.  I've attached a file here you should try (it comes free with the free Daz so I don't think I'm breaking any forum rules here, but we'll delete it once you've downloaded it just in case).

So press the Transformer button in CC3 and then choose "Basic" and tell me what happens then (I'm off to bed but I'll check this in about six hours from now):

By ahingel - 6 Years Ago
i had exactly the same issue with sakura

i did every cloth, hair, eyebrows etc as shown in the video for the sneakers

if you do exactly the same steps it will be solved and she will be imported BigGrin
ahingel (12/3/2018)
i had exactly the same issue with sakura

i did every cloth, hair, eyebrows etc as shown in the video for the sneakers

if you do exactly the same steps it will be solved and she will be imported BigGrin

I am doing something wrong then Smile I will spend more time during the holiday period on it; to figure out how to import Sakura models.
I just wish that the Reallusion dev team would actually do something to fix such issues. I was told that new tutorials will be released "soon"; although how soon is soon? Smile
By Snarp Farkle - 6 Years Ago
I had similar eye issues with V4, M4 imports, I had to "LOCK" the eyes in DAZ to keep them in place, also locked the "SCALE" for the eyes to keep them from bugging out in CC3.  Not sure if this would work for the Sakura character or not but might be worth a test.
By manjuriaonline - 4 Years Ago
I have two machines.  1 and 2.  On machine 1 I can export V4 from poser 11 (FBX) and import into CC3 just fine.  On machine 2 it doesn't work at all.  I get the "no profile found" error message.  If I take an export of V4 that was done on machine 1, and use the transformer tool on machine 2 to import, it works just fine.  I use the exact same export parameters on each machine yet machine 2 will not import an FBX from Poser 11.  I have even tried to import the base version of victoria 4.2, with no morphs.  Still does not work.  Need ideas.  
By Kelleytoons - 4 Years Ago
Reinstall from the hub CC3 (delete program first) on the machine that doesn't work.
By Peter (RL) - 4 Years Ago
manjuriaonline (11/30/2020)
I have two machines.  1 and 2.  On machine 1 I can export V4 from poser 11 (FBX) and import into CC3 just fine.  On machine 2 it doesn't work at all.  I get the "no profile found" error message.  If I take an export of V4 that was done on machine 1, and use the transformer tool on machine 2 to import, it works just fine.  I use the exact same export parameters on each machine yet machine 2 will not import an FBX from Poser 11.  I have even tried to import the base version of victoria 4.2, with no morphs.  Still does not work.  Need ideas.  

Do check that both versions of Character Creator 3 are updated to the latest versions. If you have one using an older version then that may account for the error message. Try going to Help > About Character Creator and check that both installs are using 3.32.3312.1.
By AngeIV - 3 Years Ago
Same problem. Clean reinstall. Version is up to date. I am also missing the A pose completely and got only and got only male T pose in the folder that should have all poses for daz.
Strange... to say the least.
How can I manage to regenerate the resource folder for daz to a state that allows me to work with it?
By Peter (RL) - 3 Years Ago
AngeIV (1/18/2021)
Same problem. Clean reinstall. Version is up to date. I am also missing the A pose completely and got only and got only male T pose in the folder that should have all poses for daz.
Strange... to say the least.
How can I manage to regenerate the resource folder for daz to a state that allows me to work with it?

When you say same problem do you mean the compatible profile error or originally reported here or do you only have missing DUF files in the Daz Resource folder.

If it is just the latter, please can you post a screenshot showing the Daz Resource folder so we can see what is missing from your install. Thanks.