OFFICIAL iClone 7.22 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.

Author
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Rampa, thanks. Is that a technical limitation then for which there is no easy fix?

What I have been doing in a similar scene is to have a separate render with just the characters with hair and then combine that with the complete scene with fog, but the characters bald.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I really don't know if it is a technical limitation or not. I remembered that we had a that issue in Moviestorm, and that was the fix.

I did download your example scene and test it out. Not a perfect solution, but works for a still shot. If she is moving, or the camera is moving, then the change of what's behind her, even with keying the opacity, could be bad.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Perhaps the case should have been simplified. Anything in the front of the particles, which has opacity less than 100% is getting suppressed. And this is totally unacceptable!
Here is a red cube and a blue billboard in the front of the white planes (iClone particles) and a smoke (PopcornFX):

Edited
6 Years Ago by 4u2ges
pyravizion
pyravizion
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ever since the update, I can no longer export animations from 3DXchange to iClone. I keep getting an error, referring to an invalid character in the filename, then it says "Export Successful" but there's no motion file,  just the iAvatar file.
aossepian
aossepian
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (558 reputation)Veteran Member (558 reputation)Veteran Member (558 reputation)Veteran Member (558 reputation)Veteran Member (558 reputation)Veteran Member (558 reputation)Veteran Member (558 reputation)Veteran Member (558 reputation)Veteran Member (558 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
i had the same problem, i have a big project with many scenes done and updated my iclone then boom all my props have disappeared but deleting my temp folder brought them back, as i read it here. thank you guys, you are soooo helpful
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
More on the opacity hair front. I realized I do in fact have many Daz hairs that do not have the pixelation articating issue, so one theoretically may not come across it due to not having brought in a specific hair.

The second thing is that at worst, I can still resize the screen to reduce the hair issues to a great degree.
@Animagic, did you ever try making the viewport small as a workaround for your scene with Jade and Zane?

Given that others have an opacity issue and screen size thing I don’t think that my system is a unique one-off factor here, more the current iteration of iClone gives many users the issue. But, so I wonder if someone who does not have any opacity issues would not also be seeing the screen resizing issue.
@KT , or anyone with no opacity issue encounters- Do you ever see that altering iClone viewport size affects your renders ever? If you would tell us, no, because you never resize it would leave the question in the air unanswered. If you say, yes I always see changes when I in fact resize, or no I never see changes when I in fact resize, it would answer.

Regards!
Edited
6 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Tony,

If you are using Win 7 my guess is that just by upgrading your system all your problems with this particular hair would go away.  Honestly, I can't imagine running iClone with anything other than the latest OS, just as I can't imagine using an obsolete graphics card with it.  But if you *are* using 10 and things are still screwy then perhaps there is something else you can do to fix things.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

animagic (4/27/2018)
If anybody is interested in verifying MY problem, here is a link to a zipped project that shows it: http://www.virtualrealist.com/uploads/hair_and_smoke_and_dof.zip.

If you change the Blend Mode from "Big Smoke" from "Alpha" to "Addition" the problem does not occur:
(A few changes were made to the diffuse map of "Big Smoke" and the oppacity of one Particle key so the smoke is not so "white"...)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym5l9i58xuo644t/Hair%20and%20smoke%20and%20DOF%20XXX.iProject?dl=0

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Well, this only works if you can change this "Blend Mode"...
Popcorn FX does not have this, so the only way to do this (as far i know) is with "Alpha Threshold".
An "Alpha Threshold" of 40 and "Self-Illumination" of 70 on Fade_Mohawk_Hair would be good enough for me...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dv3yzdecjqbtd1t/Hair%20and%20smoke%20and%20DOF%20Alpha%20Threshold.iProject?dl=0

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

Edited
6 Years Ago by toystorylab
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Kelleytoons (4/29/2018)

Honestly, I can't imagine running iClone with anything other than the latest OS

As much as I hate rolling to win 10, there eventually is no alternative to that. As we can see iClone does not fully support win7/directX11.
Comes next version and win7 might not be supported at all... Better be ready.

@toystorylab I tried all that and it never worked for me... but I did switch the DOF OFF initially (thinking that might be part of the problem), never switched it back on. And that was a mistake. It is exactly opposite!
Without focusing on a semi-transparent object, the particles would always mask it.

Reading This Topic