OFFICIAL iClone 7.22 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
WaferShaf (8/23/2018)

Thanks for your response Peter,
I am able to load sample projects , but still unable to open my saved file after reboot. I appreciate that the file may be corrupt, but this is the second time I am having this issue with separate projects. I am wondering if iClone doesn't like me having two iavatars in the same scene, or should it be able to handle that without issue?

Thanks

Thanks for supplying more information. You should definitely be able to open a project that has two avatars in it.

Can you send us your dxdiag.txt file and a download link for the project that won't open. You can use Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive etc. to supply a download link. You can either send the files to Support using the link below or just PM them to me. Thanks.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

To generate a system dxdiag.txt file, see below.

a) Type "dxdiag.exe" in the Search box on the Task Bar and click "dxdiag.exe run command" from the search list.
b) It will then check your system for a while, after finishing, click "Save All Information"
c) Save "DxDiag.txt". and send this to us.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
WaferShaf
WaferShaf
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thank you Peter, PM sent.
SagaStudios
SagaStudios
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/349ab794-444e-475d-8114-e6a7.pngEver since the new update.  My iClone 7 locks up and stops animating, sometimes it crashes sometimes it works.  I am doing production work and it is pretty horrible.  I have PopcornFX, I have 3 Effects going and then animating the character itself.  My system is pretty decent I am running 2 GTX 1070's in SLI, I have 32 GB of memory and i7 processor that does 3.8GHZ.  So not real sure why I am having issues and I didn't have these issues before the update.
Edited
6 Years Ago by kbcantrell
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Just so you know, iClone does not support SLI, so effectively you've only one GTX 1070.

This should still work though, especially since you have the 8 GB version. I have the same in my laptop and can do fairly complicated projects, and the project you show is very modest.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

SagaStudios
SagaStudios
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

So I went into the NVIDIA Control center and assigned a video card.  But still having the same issue.  It locks up and doesn't exit so it creates no log file.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
This has been bugging me for a while. Not sure what update caused that though.

Motion keys cannot be written to particular frames and it happens randomly on certain frames.

Instead, the key is written to the next frame on the left. Depending on which bones are getting transformed, the outcome is unpredictable.
Slippery feet, jerky motions.. etc.  There is nothing helps to fix the faulty frame, except to move the entire clip by a few frames to the left or right.
It might be OK for a simple project. But as complexity of the project grows (linking objects, reach effectors, paths, etc),
it might not be possible to move a clip even by one frame, without breaking a sync chain with other tracks.
And then again even after moving a clip, a faulty frame might appear somewhere else.

It is also possible just to ignore the faulty frame and delete the key-frame,
but then you might not notice the inconsistency until later on, with whole lot of consequences.

Also selecting frames with Shift grabs extra key-frame from the right.
This happens specifically if the last selected frame is close to the end of the clip or is next to faulty frame as described above.

To replicate, open the project below, go to frame 1557, zoom timeline all the way in and try to transform any bone for the default female.

Download the project

Edited
6 Years Ago by 4u2ges
CtrlZ
CtrlZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I have encountered this same problem! 

Home built liquid cooled AMD Ryzen 7 1800X cpu (8 core 16 thread) 4.0GHz,  rtx 3090, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) 6 TB HD's 4K monitor.

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

4u2ges ..... I can confirm your findings. Downloaded your project file. Copied every step from your video. Result - identical. This being iClone ver 7.22.1724.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you guys for testing and confirming!

Entered into Feedback Tracker issue 4047

Edited
6 Years Ago by 4u2ges

Reading This Topic