DAZ Genesis 8 to iClone

Posted By fjccommish 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 16 minutes ago
Hi Donald

This is an old thread. The Daz Genesis 8 to iClone process should work fine now and did when I just tested.

Do make sure you have correctly copied the appropriate  "Reallusion" folder to Daz Studio.

So for example copy the Reallusion folder from iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7\DAZ Genesis Extension\Daz Genesis to iClone\Genesis8_Female to the location below (default install).

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs

Then make sure you restart Daz Studio for the changes to take effect. Now once you apply the Genesis8_Female_iCloneFaceKey.duf file to your character it should be correctly assigned. Then do the same for the male characters. Instructions are also supplied in the iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7.zip file.

Do also make sure that you have iClone 7 and 3DXchange 7 updated, and you have the latest version 4 of the Daz Genesis Extensions.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

donald.dade
donald.dade
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)Veteran Member (662 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I've found that importing G8s with 3DX7 are fast and easy, but there's no facial expression. When I use the corresponding Daz Extensions DUF to get facial expressions, 3DX7 actually crashes upon import. It's 100% reproducible; without the DUF, it works but without facial expressions. With the DUF, 3DX7 crashes upon import.

This thread goes back a long way, has there been a fix, or at least an acknowledgement? The ability to import G8s is the primary reason why I've invested well over $2000 in the RL ecosystem, my budget is blown, and the product crashes leaving me with NOTHING to show for my investment.

"Where there is a bash prompt, there is a way."

Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Double post.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Yeah, I'll put it in the Feedback Tracker this evening. I'm fine with no improvements being made to it if they have other plans, but to break it so badly and give no word whatsoever is not very good.
So my options are to choose between VFX, or between characters since going back to 7.1 won't support PopcornFX. Lovely.

Thanks Everyone.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Okay, I tried it and here are my results.

It mapped the eyebrows and cheeks and mouth movements (and, of course, head).  It didn't map eyes but it took seconds to fix that (even Kai had to do that in his webinar).  But for me the big issue was it didn't map the phonemes.

I brought it over anyway into iClone and tried it with Faceware.  It was... interesting.  Because the mouth and cheeks move a bit (and because the eyes, eyebrows and head move convincingly) it looked like my character was *trying* to speak with some sort of impediment.  The lack of phonemes *really* hurts it there, I do believe.

I don't think this is a system issue -- it looks yet to be another bug with XChange, so your trouble tickets won't get anywhere.  Truth be told, RL doesn't seem to want to fix ANYTHING with XChange, so I think the only thing to do is wait until this fall, when CC3 comes out.  Kai basically said as much in the webinar, saying the process for bringing in Daz characters will "be much simplified".  I think that's what they are aiming for, a way to bypass XChange completely (of course this begs the question of whether we still need XChange for props, because clothing and characters will be handled by CC3.  Would ANYONE pay any amount of money whatsoever for yet another bug filled version of XChange?  I kind of doubt it).

I truly feel for those of you who can't wait -- I've never cared to even try bringing in a Daz character before, although having *sort of* done so I can see the appeal.  Since I easily convert Daz clothing I just use CC characters and feel no need for it otherwise, but for those of you who do... I'm not sure there will be any solution for quite some time.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

TheOldBuffer, you and I seem to be experiencing the exact same thing.
The weird thing is it started happening after I updated to Iclone 7.2. I specifically avoided updating 3dXchange cause I had read about problems. In my mind that makes no sense, but I have no other explanation.
So I thought maybe if I update to 3DXchange 7.2 it'll map the face, but just not the eyes, like I've read in some places. No change. The whole face comes in unmapped. The shapes exist in the Gen3 FBX character but 3DXchange isn't automatically picking them up. My movie has 7 main characters and several other with speaking roles. making the links by hand for one character is hard enough. For all of them is impossible.

And today was the day I'm supposed to be evaluating the Faceware plugin, but I'm not sure how I can do that with this problem. Reallusion, I'm trying to give you my money but you aren't making it easy.

PS, Kellytoons, re downloading the facekey was the first thing I did. Didn't seem to be the problem. Thanks though.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)

Hmmm, it's a witches brew, to be sure, to try and figure out what is what.  Just for fun I'll try a Gen 3 figure this afternoon and see what happens on my system.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I'll qualify it, it doesn't work on my system. None of the duf files work with my 3dx7.2 ( they worked in 3dx7.0 and I'm sure 7.1) whether they be the old ones or new. The new duf files work in 3dx6.5 but obviously 3dx6 wont map the extended facials correctly. 
My system is fully up to date with updates and I've done extensive diagnostics/repairs etc. to make sure. What I'd like to know is what windows c++'s are used by 3dx so I can reinstall them and see if that helps.

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Edited
6 Years Ago by TheOldBuffer
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Are you sure about this?  Because a Gen 8 figure WILL work -- I saw Kai do it (look at his demo).  And I do believe the Gen 3 issue was raised there and it turned out a new Duf file made it work.

Then again, I'm still just waking up.  But for sure you ought to watch that webinar again and see what was talked about (of course, you might have been there.  If so, apologies).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
It's not the duf file at fault it seams. It's 3dx7.2  I've got a ticket in for this at the moment.
E.G.  A Genesis 3 character exported from daz imported into 3dx6.* will map all the facial expressions correctly, the EXACT same model when loaded into 3dx7.2 will only have head movement mapped. 
Obviously this isnt good because 3dx6.5 cant accept the face mapping for the extended face mapping needed for mocap and puppet.

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Reading This Topic