Fast way to create scalp mesh?

Posted By theorysharp 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
theorysharp
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I've been running into a problem when trying to create hair in maya. 

If I select the head/scalp and duplicate the mesh it causes all sorts of errors with the hip bone down the road when trying to reimport it. Duplicating causes errors.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c6e3d826-3e5c-4c4f-be98-8d7c.png

This duplicate mesh technique is used in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7f__LNUviw to create a scalp for hair.

I plan on using xgen to create hair and they use this same technique (a scalp mesh). Since the Iclone/cc hierarchy bugs from any kind of duplication, what can I do? Manually drawing all the polygon faces on a head mesh takes forever!
Edited
7 Years Ago by theorysharp
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
If I select the head/scalp and duplicate the mesh it causes all sorts of errors with the hip bone down the road when trying to reimport it

There must be a mistake in your rigging and/or wheight  workflow
A scalpmesh  is only a mesh like others,
and need to binding to the Character Amatarure and then copy skin .
Actually no big deal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I received this error message if the scalp was from two or more separate parts.And a map of weights for only one bone.
Remove other weight maps.

My YouTube channel.

Reading This Topic