About Content Purchase, Usage & Distribution

Posted By Miranda (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
All Reallusion Products

Content EULA (LINK)

iClone & Character Creator

Learn about Export License & iContent (LINK)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ebeee90c-4bf6-4750-b0ba-5868.png
  • Content Usage Right
    • iContent License: Video or image rendering using iClone
    • Export License: Export content to other CG or game tools
  • Royalty-free License & Rights to Commercial Usage
    • When you purchase content with either an iContent or Export License from Reallusion, you are granted a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to display any content generated by both iClone and Character Creator. You are authorized to use any rendered image or video output containing models within iClone and/or Character Creator for commercial, industrial, educational, or personal projects. You may sell and redistribute your render(s) created with iClone and Character creator and retain full ownership and usage rights to the output media in image or video format, within the output guidelines outlined in the EULA.
  • Mass Distribution Rights for Exported 3D Content
    • If the 3D Content (mesh, motion) you have purchased contains an Export License, then Reallusion grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to export this content via 3DXchange into .fbx, .bvh, .obj, .abc, or any other 3D file format.  You may then embed the converted content into games and applications that are for personal, commercial, industrial, or educational projects.
    • These 3D Content must not be available for public download or use, regardless of whether or not they are paid or free.  Reallusion content itself may not be repurposed and resold in an external content library regardless of format, under any circumstances. 
    • (CC) The unique topology of CC Characters is Reallusion’s property. You cannot repurpose them into any other 3D formats, mass distribute them, or sell them in any other marketplace without getting explicit permission from Reallusion.
    • If you wish to export these 3D Content to any 3D format and include it in your own game titles, apps or interactive applications for public mass distribution then:
      • Please provide your title information and url, and contact Reallusion marketing@reallusion.com to register your title.
      • By registering you can get Reallusion’s written license for free, while gaining valuable feature promotion opportunities by Reallusion.  

fabjab65
fabjab65
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Being totally new to this I need advice.  I wish to purchase a bundle "CC Essential Morphs & Skin for CC3" but am told that you need to have "Vampire Teeth" which is an Essential Morth and is not available to buy with cash.  You have to pay in DA points.
So I bought 1,000 points, and when I click on the Vampire Teeth it says it's not available for purchase.  Or less I am wrong, it means that I can not then buy the bundle as the teeth are a requirement.  Is this right?  As I've said, I'm completely new to this
site, and need advice.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
fabjab65 (11/5/2019)
Being totally new to this I need advice.  I wish to purchase a bundle "CC Essential Morphs & Skin for CC3" but am told that you need to have "Vampire Teeth" which is an Essential Morth and is not available to buy with cash.  You have to pay in DA points.
So I bought 1,000 points, and when I click on the Vampire Teeth it says it's not available for purchase.  Or less I am wrong, it means that I can not then buy the bundle as the teeth are a requirement.  Is this right?  As I've said, I'm completely new to this
site, and need advice.

The CC Essential Complete Bundle can be purchased from the link below. I'd recommend the complete bundle which includes the essential clothing as well. You don't need anything else to purchase this bundle.

https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Character-Creator/Pack/CC_Essential_Complete_Bundle/default.html

If you do just want the "Morphs & Skin" then this can be purchased below. Again you don't need anything else to be able to use this pack.

https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Character-Creator/Pack/CC_Essential_Morph_Skin/default.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

fabjab65
fabjab65
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks for your reply Peter.
So I don't need the teeth?
If not why does it say that it is an essential part of the package and you need it?
Just don't want to buy all that content and find that I can't use it.
Thanks again.
John
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

fabjab65 (11/5/2019)
Thanks for your reply Peter.
So I don't need the teeth?
If not why does it say that it is an essential part of the package and you need it?
Just don't want to buy all that content and find that I can't use it.
Thanks again.
John

If you buy either of the packs I supplied links for, these will install and be fully usable from the get go.

Can you post a link to where it says you need these particular teeth to be able to use the CC Essentials. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

kalex07
kalex07
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm confused. Am I right in thinking after paying $199 for character creator I'll have to pay more to use them In a game engine and sell the game? So the $199 is just a one off payment just to own a copy of the program?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

kalex07 (4/8/2020)
I'm confused. Am I right in thinking after paying $199 for character creator I'll have to pay more to use them In a game engine and sell the game? So the $199 is just a one off payment just to own a copy of the program?

You don't have to pay extra to use the characters you create in a game. If you create a character using the default content that comes with Character Creator 3 Pipeline then there are no additional charges to put that character in a commercial game. However if your character uses content purchased from the Content Store, such as additional clothing, hair or accessories then you will need to purchase the export license version of the content pack to be able to export.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

kalex07
kalex07
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)New Member (63 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/8/2020)
kalex07 (4/8/2020)

You don't have to pay extra to use the characters you create in a game. If you create a character using the default content that comes with Character Creator 3 Pipeline then there are no additional charges to put that character in a commercial game. However if your character uses content purchased from the Content Store, such as additional clothing, hair or accessories then you will need to purchase the export license version of the content pack to be able to export.

Ok thank you for the reply. So I can import characters and accessories I make on blender and use in character creator as long as I don't use the store?I take it character creator works offline?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

kalex07 (4/8/2020)

Ok thank you for the reply. So I can import characters and accessories I make on blender and use in character creator as long as I don't use the store?I take it character creator works offline?

You can import your own clothing, hair and accessories into Character Creator 3 Pipeline but not custom characters. 

CC3 will allow you to send the existing base mesh to other software where you can create new morphs but you can't just import custom characters you have created yourself in other software.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AniMajik
AniMajik
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)Veteran Member (911 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Regarding the content store in general, I'd like to see an addition:
When you view an item (or perhaps when you go to purchase an item) I would like the store to remind me if I've already purchased that item.
Perhaps with a  message stating "You have already purchased this item."
This would avoid a trip to "My Orders" and doing a search for unsure items, or double-purchasing an item.

If this post is in the wrong forum, perhaps a forum leader could move it to the right place.

Thanks.

-AniMajik

Reading This Topic