[NEWS] Submit Your Wishful Features after iClone 7

Posted By Joe (RL) 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am referring to CC characters for all my wishful features here.
Capsual collision shapes that can be scaled to different sizes at the top and bottom?
Maybe even scaled differently between x and y? Thicker on x than y or thicker on y than x.

Or if that cant be done then even collision shapes that just fit the body better.
For example the legs thigh is generally thicker near the hip and thinner near the knee.
So if the Capsual collision was also thicker at the top and thinner at the bottom then it would help cloth flow without having to use 2 or 3 collision shapes on the knee

Just another thought.
Or is it possible to set a limited number of the vertices on the characters body to act as collision shapes? Then we can get rid of the current collision shapes altogether?
To my understanding the vertices on CC characters have specific ID's so the morphing sliders know which vertices to move.
If that is the case then could some of those ID's be used to specify which body vertices are used as collision shapes from the body itself.
That way not every vertice on the body has to be used.
I think it would also mean that modifying collision shapes to suit the modified shape on a character would no longer be needed because if the bodies vertices were used as collision points then the collisions would be automatically set to whatever shape the body has been made to

Just a thought?

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
7 Years Ago by Delerna
Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The possibility of producing separate passes for rendering with:
_ Z pass
_ Object masks
_ Occlusion pass
_ Luminosity masks, channels textures, etc.
..etc ...

Like that, with the export / import of camera animation (thank you!), We could do real post-production with rendering Iclone, for many things, this would avoid having to render in another software.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a0894ca-d56b-4356-859c-f08b.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
REMINDER:

Please remember to submit your wishful features in the Feedback Tracker. If you only post them here then they won't be logged. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 24 minutes ago
Peter (RL) (6/24/2017)
REMINDER:

Please remember to submit your wishful features in the Feedback Tracker. If you only post them here then they won't be logged. Thanks.

Peter, there are wishes from iClone 6 that haven't been implemented, and the question is do we need to enter them again for IC7 or do they "transfer"?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
animagic (6/24/2017)

Peter, there are wishes from iClone 6 that haven't been implemented, and the question is do we need to enter them again for IC7 or do they "transfer"?

Wishful features posted for iClone 6 will have been logged and will either still be on the "under consideration" list or removed if they were not viable.

However it wouldn't hurt to submit again for iClone 7. Sometimes suggestions that were not considered viable for one version may become viable for a later version. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

SOUND
In real life we are highly sensitive, as humans, to the direction and quality of sound. The ability to build a soundscape adds a lot to the dramatic impact of any animation. At present you need to go via 3rd party packages such as Adobe After Effects which not all can afford. Stereo or higher level sound for surround effects and footsteps (aka Foley) as well as music and dialogue is suggested.

Edited
7 Years Ago by SeanMac
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 51 minutes ago
I think the albedo (or diffuse) textures for the characters have to much shading still in them. I'm talking about the skin with all tan, freckles, makeup, etc. turned off. I still notice shaded areas around the joints and other places.

The effect of this is that all characters have a very similar skin patterning even after editing. I think a "flatter" ( in terms of tonality) texture would be better.
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Hey Peter I'll post this in the feedback tracker too but I'm posting it in the forum incase there is a feature that does this already but I'm simply missing it.

In timeline view when changing cameras, can we have a solid rectangle that states "Camera1" or "Camera 2" etc. So you can very easily see which camera is active in the timeline. Muvizu has a visual indicator like this and it's quite handy. As it is now you have to hover over the switch to see what camera is active at a certain point on the timeline. Maybe there is a way to do what it is I'm looking for and I'm missing? I'm usually using 4-5 cameras with plenty of switching. I spend a lot of time hunting through the switcher.  Thanks!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Edited
7 Years Ago by kungphu
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

SeanMac (6/29/2017)

SOUND
In real life we are highly sensitive, as humans, to the direction and quality of sound. The ability to build a soundscape adds a lot to the dramatic impact of any animation. At present you need to go via 3rd party packages such as Adobe After Effects which not all can afford. Stereo or higher level sound for surround effects and footsteps (aka Foley) as well as music and dialogue is suggested.

Sound is a whoooole other world. That's why there's always a team of people working on it. I totally get where you're coming from though. For a hobby you aren't going to buy a 20k ProTools rig for recording sound, mastering etc. That's more than fair, but audio only editors are going to be much stronger than what you find in any movie editing software let alone an animation software for a reason. There's a lot to it.  However, if you need something on the cheap have  a look at Audacity. It's free and allows you to multi-track so you can have your score, dialogue, foley etc. all mixed down. You can also use it for noise reduction, EQ attaching reverb etc. It's worth a look since it's free Smile

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 24 minutes ago
kungphu (6/29/2017)
SeanMac (6/29/2017)

SOUND

Sound is a whoooole other world. That's why there's always a team of people working on it. I totally get where you're coming from though. For a hobby you aren't going to buy a 20k ProTools rig for recording sound, mastering etc. That's more than fair, but audio only editors are going to be much stronger than what you find in any movie editing software let alone an animation software for a reason. There's a lot to it.  However, if you need something on the cheap have  a look at Audacity. It's free and allows you to multi-track so you can have your score, dialogue, foley etc. all mixed down. You can also use it for noise reduction, EQ attaching reverb etc. It's worth a look since it's free Smile

I agree. I wouldn't want to burden iClone with sound, because it will be disappointing. In one iClone release automatic footsteps were added and that never worked. I like doing sound actually, using a variety of tools (not ProTools, though!).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic