Weight Map Daz Cloth question

Posted By pruiz 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pruiz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
New so not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. I have 6.3 iclone with successfully imported FBX conforming (in Daz Studio) long dress - trying to make and set UV's - there are 3 of them for bodice (for each section of conforming - hips- legs etc) but only one item for weight map i.e. Skirt. Do I have to combine all 3 UV images for the skirt? Any help - tutorial etc. would be appreciated. Also, I get an error message - exceeded 20K limit on weight map. Do I reduce pixels in the image? Any help or direction appreciated.
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I will bump this as I am looking to export long dress outfits and legs pop through despite being skinned to model upon FBX export, and trialing weight map variations & body collision variations in iClone soft cloth physics editor.
I have seen videos where people use the Transfer utility in Daz to rig the outfit itself with the character.  I tried doing that for the entire character, and it works for the dress, but then the character has no facial/viseme compatibility with the Genesis Facekey.  So you can get a character exported with a working dress but then no more face viseme stuff.

I am next going to try just to export out a rigged dress, as opposed to the entire character, and see if this works better, but I am thinking it probably won't work. 
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 59 minutes ago
I'm far from the export here, but are you saying that applying the DUF file to include the morphs for the visemes doesn't work/has no effect?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
add the rule
head.
exactly, with period on end and set it to ignore.
you dont need transfer utility unless it's a different generation

set your options like this, and profit! all cloth and visemes will work in iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/79886000-f26c-4c29-b3dc-6116.jpg

as for weight maps you have to understand the UV and build one that suits it in photoshop etc.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Magneto
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Magneto (11/13/2017)
add the rule
head.
exactly, with period on end and set it to ignore.
you dont need transfer utility unless it's a different generation

set your options like this, and profit! all cloth and visemes will work in iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/79886000-f26c-4c29-b3dc-6116.jpg

as for weight maps you have to understand the UV and build one that suits it in photoshop etc.

Magneto, I really want to thank you for taking the time to point out some things to better this. 
It was in my case the UV map.  I had a straight gradient going over a 3 piece dress mesh UV, with an uneven layout.  Once I was able to properly weight-map the layout for each individual piece, it works!
THX!!!!

Here was my try, not perfect, but just knowing how is great! 

Reading This Topic