Wishful features for iClone7

Posted By Ascensi 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Ascensi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I really appreciate the new rendering capability in the editor but I'm also preparing content for VR Games
So this I would really love to see:
*VR See through your Mocap Mode (see through the character's eyes and use the Vive/touch controllers to animate arm or leg movements) -would be great to push a record/stop button on the controller as we are animating our motions.  
*VR out of body Mode -step outside yourself -the recording of your motions you just made to tweek body movements and see it play, rewind etc using your Vive controller.

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
You can do the first part by linking a camera to your character's head, and viewing through that camera.

I've got a plan for part two as well. Let me do some testing before I make a fool of myself. Wink
Edited
7 Years Ago by rampa
davood.kharmanzar
davood.kharmanzar
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
it would be great if iclone be able to export the physics attributes of characters (hair and cloth) as APEX format for using in game engines like as Unreal Engine.

Vote to this please :]
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/APEX-export
Edited
7 Years Ago by davood.kharmanzar
davood.kharmanzar
davood.kharmanzar
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Joint orientation limitations feature is most important and helpful feature for animating stylized and semi standard characters like as stylized tokomotion characters, specifically when using motion capture like as neuron mocap as live mode inside iclone to prevent unwanted motions like as going hands and arms into the head or body.
it would be great if this feature will be available in motion layer tab.

Vote to this please :]
Edited
7 Years Ago by davood.kharmanzar
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
davood.kharmanzar (1/21/2017)
Joint orientation limitations feature is most important and helpful feature for animating stylized and semi standard characters like as stylized tokomotion characters, specifically when using motion capture like as neuron mocap as live mode inside iclone to prevent unwanted motions like as going hands and arms into the head or body.
it would be great if this feature will be available in motion layer tab.

I agree and more generally it would be great to have generic kinematic (non-dynamic) constraints, for us to be able to create "rigs". Parent, Link, Path and Look At are cool but pretty limited. But one step at a time probably.. ; )

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
please impruve:
0. combain motions, Rotation of the root to align with the pelvis at every frame (https://reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Rotation-of-root-to-align-with-pelvis-at-every-frame).
1. Kinect Mocap plug-in like BrekelTools.When the quality will be of a similar Brekel? When the RL software would finalize the acceptable level?
2. Kinect Mocap plug-in like BrekelTools for Markerless Motion Capture.
3. I want to move the gizmo so it will be visible when approaching the avatar face!
4. good discription of the AML/LUA scripting
5. three projection and camera on the screen
7. Character Breathing (https://reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Character-Breathing Read the comments, please!)
Character Creator 2:
1. Edit the grid - mirror! Outer thigh must work together to expand/shrink!
2. A lesson on how to use photoshop brushes for the hair.
3. I want to move the gizmo so it will be visible when approaching the avatar face!

My YouTube channel.
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Allow key framed material swap and/or adjust color settings. IC6 only allows Material Settings, Texture UV and Texture Stencil(?) to be key to specific frames (thus allow these settings to change over time). However, IC6 does not allow the textures to be swapped out and also does not allow the Adjust Color settings to be keyed to key frames. Changing these affects the entire project, not the key frame. This makes is difficult to do texture transitions (e.g. having Bruce Banner with a skin color texture turn into the green Incredible Hulk or having a character's lips turn blue from exposure to cold, etc). 

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Lord Ashes (4/22/2017)
Allow key framed material swap and/or adjust color settings. IC6 only allows Material Settings, Texture UV and Texture Stencil(?) to be key to specific frames (thus allow these settings to change over time). However, IC6 does not allow the textures to be swapped out and also does not allow the Adjust Color settings to be keyed to key frames. Changing these affects the entire project, not the key frame. This makes is difficult to do texture transitions (e.g. having Bruce Banner with a skin color texture turn into the green Incredible Hulk or having a character's lips turn blue from exposure to cold, etc). 

3Dtest did a workaround video on how to do something similar, about 2 min in.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Snarp Farkle
Bezzer
Bezzer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
As I piece together the characters for my latest project, I once again find myself struggling with the one thing I've always struggled with in iclone...costumes!

Who'd have thunk that a practical medieval style priest (long robe) costume could be so ridiculously difficult.

As fantastic as CC is for creating unique looking characters, I still wish there was a seperate and simple to use tool for cloth and clothing.

I find the current system a bit confusing and overwhelming tbh...I just want to get on with making movies, not spend hours on end watching tuts, then trying to piece together a unique looking outfit in CC and photoshop/zbrush/whatever...especially when my design skills in these areas totally suck and I have no particular interest in costume design anyway.

I would love to see a simple but effective preset system in place, with templates, materials and slider settings for things like collars, belts, buttons, straps etc...perhaps similar to CC's character creation system, but specifically for cloth and clothing.

It could still house all the current CC cloth features for the true and talented designers among us, but perhaps have a 'quick cloth' option for the rest of us, in which we are offered the simple preset system.

Templates, presets and material packs could be made available for era and genre specific costumes.

snap70
snap70
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Has there been any discussion re: Houdini Asset integration? This with the already included Substance Asset integration would be awesome!

Oh, and if I'm being greedy, Unreal Engine just added a really nice real-time volumetric lighting solution. That would be super cool in iClone, too! 

Reading This Topic