Profile Picture

Welcome to Character Creator v2.0 (Open Beta)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Dear Reallusion Members and Developers, 

Reallusion has enhanced Character Creator (CC) into an improved character design tool infused with the power of Physically-based Rendering (PBR).
The coming release of the brand new CC content pack will also be empowered by PBR.

Character Creator v2.0 for iClone

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/345fa3ea-60cf-470c-a919-040f.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/48028788-3c0c-46e9-8272-fd96.png

Industry Standard PBR Visuals
With High Dynamic Range (HDR) Image Based Lighting, and built-in PBR feature that is used by Substance Painter and other PBR tools, Character Creator 2.0 (CC 2.0) not only delivers high visual realism, but also serves as a new material content standard that maintains a consistent PBR look between iClone 7, 3D game engines (Unity, Unreal), and popular PBR design applications.
>> Click HERE to know more about PBR.

Dynamic PBR Effects
In CC2.0, you can load your own Substance PBR materials created by Substance Designer or directly from any *.sbsar files. This allows you to fashion unlimited combinations of real-life effects by generating lots of procedural variations or loading your own image patterns on select objects.

Compatible software
CC 2.0 is compatible with both iClone 6.5 and iClone 7. When exporting iAvatar in CC 2.0, there is an option to select which version of iAvatar will be exported.
  • iClone 6.5 users can see the Classic contents only in iClone 6.5.
    * System will automatically convert PBR contents to Classic Shader when exporting the iClone 6-compatible iAvatar.
  • iClone 7 supports both Classic and PBR Color Space, so users can see PBR effects directly inside iClone 7.

Open Beta Program

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/30d1487a-ca48-43e0-a245-d958.jpg

Beta Program Period
December 29th, 2016 - February, 2017

Beta Program Purpose
  • For early iClone 7 Bundle pre-order users who joined before Jan 2nd: apply the bonus "Lady Pirate" in CC 2.0 Beta to experience the PBR effects before iClone 7 official launch
    *iClone 6 PRO users and other iClone 7 pre-order users will get a full version of CC 2.0 when CC 2.0 officially launches
  • For Content Developers: start to develop PBR contents, and join our New Visual grand launch
    *Click HERE to know more!
>> Click HERE to know how to get your Lady Pirate pack and CC 2.0 Beta software and license.

Software Installation

• DirectX 11 is required
  • Execute the installer, and input the license Reallusion provided to install the CC 2.0 Beta. The license is the official license which can be applied on CC 2.0 official version.
  • CC 2.0 Beta can be installed and started up independently, however, some functions require the installation of iClone 6.5 PRO and 3DXchange 6 PRO/Pipeline.
    • The iAvatar export function in CC 2.0 Beta is available when iClone 6.5 PRO is installed.
    • The OBJ/FBX export function in CC 2.0 Beta will be unlocked when 3DXchange PRO/Pipeline is installed.
      • OBJ export: 3DXchange 6 PRO/Pipeline is required
      • FBX export: 3DXchange 6 Pipeline is required
      • Only Reallusion contents with Export license are allowed to be exported. Please noted that the bonus "Lady Pirate" for early iClone 7 pre-order users get belongs to iContent, which is not exportable.
  • CC 2.0 Beta will be installed as an independent executable program with its own content folder, which will not overwrite the official CC 1.52 program, so everything you work in CC 2.0 Beta won't affect the current projects. 
    • The file location of CC 1.5x:
      • Program: C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone Character Creator 1
      • Installed Content: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone Character Creator 1 Template
      • Custom Content: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone Character Creator 1 Custom
    • The file location of CC 2.0:
      • Program: C:\Program Files\Reallusion\Character Creator 2 for iClone
      • Installed Content: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\Character Creator 2 for iClone Template
      • Custom Content: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\Character Creator 2 for iClone Custom
Resource
  • PBR Base Character (ccProject): female*1, male*1
  • PBR Clothed Character (ccProject): female*1, male*1
    You can use the clothed characters to observe the PBR effects by rotating the IBL. Click HERE to know more about IBL.
  • Atmosphere (iAtm): HDRI*3
    You can apply different IBL images to observe the PBR effects. Click HERE to know more about Sync to Sky function.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/86fbea00-340a-4fb5-80b8-8f91.png

Content Usage
  • The CC non-PBR contents you've previously created, purchased and installed in CC 1.5x can also be accessed by CC 2.0.
    In the Beta version, locate the contents installed in the CC 1.5x local directory and drag the files directly into CC 2.0 for usage.
    • Installed CC 1.5x Content: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone Character Creator 1 Template
    • Custom CC 1.5x Content: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone Character Creator 1 Custom
  • New releases of Reallusion CC PBR contents will be installed to the CC 2.0 folder, and can be loaded by CC 2.0 only (they will not be backwards compatible).
  • Either CC 2.0 Classic or PBR content can not be loaded in CC 1.5x.
  • After the official CC2.0 release (scheduled for February 2017), Reallusion will cease to maintain CC1.5x.

*Update: CC 2.0 Beta is not widely distributed at this moment. iClone 6 PRO users who didn't placed an early order of iClone 7 Bundle won't get CC 2.0 unitl it officially launches. To have better user experience in content sales, please do not publish CC contents created by CC 2.0 Beta software before CC 2.0 official launch. 

Issues & Suggestions
Any issues should be reported to the Feedback Tracker for efficient problem resolution. Know more about Issues & Suggestions.

What to Expect in CC 2.0 Official Release
  • New Dynamic PBR Appearance Editor, which users can design custom photo-realistic looks for metal, leather, wood and fabric materials
  • New PBR Outfit pack showcasing the prevailing visual advantages
Note: Appearance Editor utilities can be unlocked by purchasing any Reallusion-made CC outfit packs, such as Essential Clothing, Professional Outfits, and the upcoming CC PBR packs.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Beta Program Purpose
For early iClone 7 pre-order users who joined before Jan 2nd: apply the bonus "Lady Pirate" in CC 2.0 Beta to experience the PBR effects before iClone 7 official launch.

Where do I download the beta CC 2.0 and Lady Pirate ?
I just checked my account and my early access is there but no active links.Crying

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Galfridus, we are setting up the system, you can check out your mailbox few hours later. Smile

Galfridus (12/29/2016)
Beta Program Purpose
For early iClone 7 pre-order users who joined before Jan 2nd: apply the bonus "Lady Pirate" in CC 2.0 Beta to experience the PBR effects before iClone 7 official launch.

I just checked my account and my early access is there but no active links.Crying

Geoff.

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Miranda (RL) (12/29/2016)
Hi Galfridus, we are setting up the system, you can check out your mailbox few hours later. Smile

Galfridus (12/29/2016)
Beta Program Purpose

Geoff.

Many Thanks for prompt and positive reply Miranda. Smile

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

lieans
lieans
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
the same as me
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/013ed859-ba8b-4fa1-92d8-4ccb.png
Edited
8 Years Ago by lieans
lieans
lieans
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I can find Lady Pirate donwload link in my acount but no CC 2.0 link 
ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I also got the Reallusion email about the release of lady pirate and CC 2.0 beta, but the link on my account takes me back to the existing CC 1.52, and clicking the license link from the email claims I am "not qualified for the event" (same as lieans). This prevents me from downloading lady pirate because CC 2.0 beta is not installed, and cannot be downloaded. Even if I could download it, I can't get a license from the email. Something is not right.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Unfortunately there is an issue with the redeem system that is giving this incorrect message.

Please be assured we will get this fixed as soon as possible. Providing you have pre-ordered iClone 7 + Lady Pirate then you should have qualified to be able to download the Character Creator 2.0 Beta version. As soon as this is fixed we will let you all know.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for the update, Peter. I was one of the very FIRST to purchase the early access combo, and I am very impressed by where iClone is heading to. When I first got iClone 4 years ago, I never imagined it would get such advanced features as we have seen in version 6 (SpeedTrees, Kinect support, DX11 tessellation, real-time dynamic hair and cloth), the introduction of CC, and now what we see coming up in version 7. It's all very impressive - I am actually baffled by the state-of-the-art iClone is heading to, and also the new free bone rigging system in CTA3. You guys rock! ^___^

It's really exciting! Hope this glitch can be fixed soon, so I can try the CC 2.0.
OgxNet
OgxNet
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
lieans (12/29/2016)
the same as me
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/013ed859-ba8b-4fa1-92d8-4ccb.png

Same Problem as You !

Reading This Topic