CrazyTalk Animator 3 - Video Tutorials

Posted By Ola(RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Ola(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
We will keep them coming

2016/11/09

Edited
8 Years Ago by Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
2016/11/10

ms12
ms12
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago

Any Idea when the rest of theses tutorials will be posted?

G3 Character creation

Edited
8 Years Ago by ms12
pfontaine2
pfontaine2
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I'm really pleased with CTA3 but I wake up every morning hoping that there will be more tutorials posted.  Please keep them coming!  I'm especially interested in the Replacing Sprites and Bone Adjustment and Adapting 3D Motion To Your Own Characters.  I'm making headway on my own but the tutorials help so much!  Thanks.
Pierre
info_30_24
info_30_24
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hello, I should be in the right place. First let me explain my background, I have been using Flash since it's inception when it was Macromedia, not a big actionscript or javascript guru. I also got into Adobe Edge, Animate CC and Tumult Hype. Was starting After Effects but then I saw CTA. I do a lot of whiteboards as well as explainer type of animations and up to now I wanted to really get into good character driven explainers for corporate presentations and various company explainers.

Now with the knowledge I have I got a trial of CTA and of course was looking to dive in but there are so many versions of the app as well as so many different  areas to go over it its a bit overwhelming. Is it possible for someone to create a video of a demo for lets say a company presentation? Then another for an explainer video with characters? Within the video it explains how it was created? 

I think this is an important aspect of a person like me who is not a real newbie just a newbie when working in CTA. If I were able to follow along to a video which was created and shows step by step how it was created I would buy this software in a second. Going to buy anyway but I hope you understand what I mean. Surprised there is not a few videos like this already. Any help????

Thx RD
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
info_30_24 (12/13/2016)
Hello, I should be in the right place. First let me explain my background, I have been using Flash since it's inception when it was Macromedia, not a big actionscript or javascript guru. I also got into Adobe Edge, Animate CC and Tumult Hype. Was starting After Effects but then I saw CTA. I do a lot of whiteboards as well as explainer type of animations and up to now I wanted to really get into good character driven explainers for corporate presentations and various company explainers.

Now with the knowledge I have I got a trial of CTA and of course was looking to dive in but there are so many versions of the app as well as so many different  areas to go over it its a bit overwhelming. Is it possible for someone to create a video of a demo for lets say a company presentation? Then another for an explainer video with characters? Within the video it explains how it was created? 

I think this is an important aspect of a person like me who is not a real newbie just a newbie when working in CTA. If I were able to follow along to a video which was created and shows step by step how it was created I would buy this software in a second. Going to buy anyway but I hope you understand what I mean. Surprised there is not a few videos like this already. Any help????

Thx RD

Hope this helps.

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
A tutorial I'd like to see, either from RL or one of the great CTA animators here, is creating re-usable animation clips. With the new free bone character, because the rigs do not necessarily adhere to the normal character rig, using the included actions may or may not work. So we'll need to be able to create our own animation or motion clips, such as a walk cycle.  One of the issues I've had, and granted I haven't experimented much, is creating a clip that is meant to cycle, but not include any transformation information. However, some clips might need to include some basic transformation information, such as a jump. But I wouldn't necessarily want only the transformation of the clip, but want to combine it with an higher level transformation track, such as the layer level. I know how I would approach this in a few other applications, but there are normally separate timelines for layered animations.

I really think this would be quite a beneficial tutorial... I know it'll involve the Collect Clip feature,  but the nuances of it can sometimes be challenging.
Edited
8 Years Ago by wizaerd
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
IHatePie (12/16/2016)
A tutorial I'd like to see, either from RL or one of the great CTA animators here, is creating re-usable animation clips. With the new free bone character, because the rigs do not necessarily adhere to the normal character rig, using the included actions may or may not work. So we'll need to be able to create our own animation or motion clips, such as a walk cycle.  One of the issues I've had, and granted I haven't experimented much, is creating a clip that is meant to cycle, but not include any transformation information. However, some clips might need to include some basic transformation information, such as a jump. But I wouldn't necessarily want only the transformation of the clip, but want to combine it with an higher level transformation track, such as the layer level. I know how I would approach this in a few other applications, but there are normally separate timelines for layered animations.

I really think this would be quite a beneficial tutorial... I know it'll involve the Collect Clip feature,  but the nuances of it can sometimes be challenging.

This is easy. Its been a frature that provably goes as far back to cta1...definatelly cta2.

When you make a rig, any animation you create for that rig can be saved and continually used with that same rig. n CTA2 you had was was basically the same thing as g3 chracters but really were just more complex props usingth eprop composer. As long as the body part names and hierarchy remaimn the same, the same movement can be applied to any other rig that contain the same structure.

That why the g3 characters motions can be resued with other g3 characters... all they are doing is making sure the structure stays the same. If ypou create a free bone character, as along as those bones use the same structure as the g3 "character" it will work just fine.

Or you can define your own such as my chicken character from a few years ago. the motions for that prop can be reused in other rigged props that use the same structure.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
FIXER1750
FIXER1750
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
im not happy at all with animator three, im trying to do one thing with it, and that is to import a photo and make talking heads ! and yes I already have crazytalk 8 for that purpose, problem is you cant animate two caracters in the same scene which is what I need to do. I was told in a support ticket that it could be done in animator 3, which is why I purchased it. now Ive been thru all the videos like creating morph based heads and others. it seams like they tell you heres how to do something but they are telling someone that is familiar with the program not someone who is new !!!! creating a support ticket and going over the same ground with the responder is horrible. the morph head video is the closest, yet they don't tell you how to create the little dog to import. I don't need to install bones , I just need to take a photo of two people split the photo into two separate people make them each sing their part of a song and then recombine the two into the rejoined photo so they each in turn sing their own part of the song, you can do this in crazytalk 8 but you cant combine the two caracters in the same scene, which I was told before purchase that I could do. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
FIXER1750 (4/24/2019)
im not happy at all with animator three, im trying to do one thing with it, and that is to import a photo and make talking heads ! and yes I already have crazytalk 8 for that purpose, problem is you cant animate two caracters in the same scene which is what I need to do. I was told in a support ticket that it could be done in animator 3, which is why I purchased it. now Ive been thru all the videos like creating morph based heads and others. it seams like they tell you heres how to do something but they are telling someone that is familiar with the program not someone who is new !!!! creating a support ticket and going over the same ground with the responder is horrible. the morph head video is the closest, yet they don't tell you how to create the little dog to import. I don't need to install bones , I just need to take a photo of two people split the photo into two separate people make them each sing their part of a song and then recombine the two into the rejoined photo so they each in turn sing their own part of the song, you can do this in crazytalk 8 but you cant combine the two caracters in the same scene, which I was told before purchase that I could do. 

Hi...

Sorry to hear of your frustration with creating morph based heads in CTA3.

Please try following the steps below carefully. This explains how to create a complete 2D Morph Based Character like you do in CrazyTalk 7/8. Ideally, the image you use should be high quality and show the characters head and shoulders or upper body.

Note: You will normally want to remove the background from your character image before following the steps below. Almost all image editors allow this such as Photoshop, Gimp etc. Alternatively, you can do this in CTA3 itself but you will normally find it easier to do this step in an image editor first.

When you are ready, please try the following starting with a new blank project.:

01. Click the "Create G3 Free Bone Actor" button from the left toolbar (or from Create on the Menu Bar) and select your character image.
02. Close the Bone Editor that will open automatically.
03. Click the loaded character image so that it is selected (Has a bounding box around it).
04. Now click the "Convert to Morph-based Head" button from the top toolbar (or from Face Editor > Create Head on the Menu Bar).
05. At this point, you will enter the Face Fitting Editor which is the same as CrazyTalk 7/8 when creating 2D heads.
06. Go through the stages to set the Fitting Points on your character as you do in CrazyTalk.
07. When this is complete you will return to Composer Mode.
08. At this point, you will likely want to add Morph Eyes and Morph Teeth to your character (Optional)
09. For Eyes click the "Eye Settings" button on the top toolbar and choose the eyes you want from Head > Morph Eye in Content Manager.
10. Repeat this process for the teeth by clicking the "Teeth Settings" button on the top toolbar.
11. Now at this point, you should Save your character. Switch to Actor > Character in Content Manager and click the ADD button at the bottom.
12. Once saved you can return to Stage mode by clicking the "Back Stage" button on the top left toolbar.
13. You are now ready to animate your 2D morph based character.

I hope this helps. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic