im not happy at all with animator three, im trying to do one thing with it, and that is to import a photo and make talking heads ! and yes I already have crazytalk 8 for that purpose, problem is you cant animate two caracters in the same scene which is what I need to do. I was told in a support ticket that it could be done in animator 3, which is why I purchased it. now Ive been thru all the videos like creating morph based heads and others. it seams like they tell you heres how to do something but they are telling someone that is familiar with the program not someone who is new !!!! creating a support ticket and going over the same ground with the responder is horrible. the morph head video is the closest, yet they don't tell you how to create the little dog to import. I don't need to install bones , I just need to take a photo of two people split the photo into two separate people make them each sing their part of a song and then recombine the two into the rejoined photo so they each in turn sing their own part of the song, you can do this in crazytalk 8 but you cant combine the two caracters in the same scene, which I was told before purchase that I could do.
Sorry to hear of your frustration with creating morph based heads in CTA3.
Please try following the steps below carefully. This explains how to create a complete 2D Morph Based Character like you do in CrazyTalk 7/8. Ideally, the image you use should be high quality and show the characters head and shoulders or upper body.
Note: You will normally want to remove the background from your character image before following the steps below. Almost all image editors allow this such as Photoshop, Gimp etc. Alternatively, you can do this in CTA3 itself but you will normally find it easier to do this step in an image editor first.
When you are ready, please try the following starting with a new blank project.:
01. Click the "Create G3 Free Bone Actor" button from the left toolbar (or from Create on the Menu Bar) and select your character image.
02. Close the Bone Editor that will open automatically.
03. Click the loaded character image so that it is selected (Has a bounding box around it).
04. Now click the "Convert to Morph-based Head" button from the top toolbar (or from Face Editor > Create Head on the Menu Bar).
05. At this point, you will enter the Face Fitting Editor which is the same as CrazyTalk 7/8 when creating 2D heads.
06. Go through the stages to set the Fitting Points on your character as you do in CrazyTalk.
07. When this is complete you will return to Composer Mode.
08. At this point, you will likely want to add Morph Eyes and Morph Teeth to your character (Optional)
09. For Eyes click the "Eye Settings" button on the top toolbar and choose the eyes you want from Head > Morph Eye in Content Manager.
10. Repeat this process for the teeth by clicking the "Teeth Settings" button on the top toolbar.
11. Now at this point, you should Save your character. Switch to Actor > Character in Content Manager and click the ADD button at the bottom.
12. Once saved you can return to Stage mode by clicking the "Back Stage" button on the top left toolbar.
13. You are now ready to animate your 2D morph based character.
I hope this helps.