Confused About Which Product To Buy?

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 4 votes.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Are you confused about which product to buy?

Which product will be best for you will depend on the type of projects you plan to work on.

All our main products, iClone 8, Character Creator 4 and Cartoon Animator 4 (CTA4) will allow you to create animated projects and characters. They are all standalone products that do not need anything else to work. However, some files can be shared between the different products such as sending characters between CC4 and iClone 8.

Please let me explain a little about each product.

iClone 8 and Character Creator 4 are 3D animation packages and Cartoon Animator 4 is a 2D animation package. A good way to think of the difference is to consider iClone like viewing a sculpture, where you can view it from a full 360 degrees, whereas CTA4 is like viewing a painting where you view from fixed angles.

iClone 8 and CC4 use 3D models. Characters can be lifelike humans or more cartoon type characters. You can use the included characters & props, or you can purchase additional content packs to increase your library of content. Many free models are also available. For more advanced users we have additional plugins for purchase including full body and facial motion capture plugins, a curve editor, PopcornFX and Iray rendering.

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/

In addition to iClone 8, we now have the new Character Creator 4. CC4 allows you to create an almost unlimited number of custom characters with different clothing, hair and accessories. It comes with a small selection of morph sliders and clothing, but you can expand this by purchasing additional morphs, clothing and hair.

In addition, you can also buy plugins such as the advanced AI driven 'Headshot' plugin which can create ultra-realistic characters from just a single high-quality photo.

Please see below for much more on Character Creator.

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/character-creator/default.html

If you don't have any animation or 3D modelling experience, you may like to consider Cartoon Animator 4. CTA4 provides an exciting new approach to traditional 2D animation with innovative new tools for animating your characters. In addition, we also have a facial motion capture plugin called Face3D which allows you to capture facial animation for your characters using just a standard webcam (requires separate purchase). With CTA4 you can use any photo or drawings for your characters, props and scenery. A large number of pre-made characters & prop packs are also available to purchase.

As this is a 2D product, your characters bodies will not animate quite as realistically as those in iClone, but if you are looking for a more cartoon like style then CTA will be ideal.

https://www.reallusion.com/cartoon-animator/default.html

I hope this helps give you some guidance. Please do feel free to post any other questions below. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
BuckHenry
BuckHenry
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
gnarly explanation young man,, i was wonder about 3d exchange,, what is this most useful for, i read up on it but can't tell if it would useful for me or not,, 

thanx
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

BuckHenry (9/20/2016)
gnarly explanation young man,, i was wonder about 3d exchange,, what is this most useful for, i read up on it but can't tell if it would useful for me or not,, 

thanx

3DXchange 6 is used to bring 3rd party content into iClone and to export iClone content to other 3D tools and game engines. With the Standard version you can only convert 3rd party props for use in iClone. With Pro you can bring in props, motions and characters, and with Pipeline you can import and export props, motions and characters. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

alhakeem2001
alhakeem2001
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
So even when you transfer heads from CT8 to iClone we will need to get a pipeline license ?  that's a bit strange because that should be supported as default for all Reallusion (Pro) users .
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

alhakeem2001 (10/6/2016)
So even when you transfer heads from CT8 to iClone we will need to get a pipeline license ?  that's a bit strange because that should be supported as default for all Reallusion (Pro) users .

Sending 3D heads to iClone 6 does require CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline.

The Pro version allows you to create 3D heads for use within CT8 and the Standard version only allows creation of 2D heads.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

shharris
shharris
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thanks for the explanation. I purchased CTA2 pipeline last year and want to upgrade to CTA3 and I am currently considering purchasing CT8 Pipeline bundle to get CTA3 Pipeline free.
What is currently holding me back is the usage rights to what I produce. Most of the content packages have restricted use rights.

I create videos for offline clients so I need developer rights to use items in videos I sell to clients. I have tried to find info on this on the site but can't seem to find anything. What rights do we have to what we create ourselves (say if I create characters using CTA3) and are there any content packs with developer rights that I could use for my client's videos?

I guess I am wondering what everyone is creating with these products and how they make money from the software Wink
Thanks for any info you can give me.
Sandra
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
@Sandra: if all you produce is videos, then you are free to use the purchased and included content in those videos without paying any further royalties. More extensive rights are only needed if you create content other than videos, such as character packs for use in CTA.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

shharris
shharris
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Thank you, so if I were to buy character packs like Gary Pye ? ( I think that's the cool character's name) I could use those in client's videos without issue?
Maxanpictures
Maxanpictures
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Good Day! I want to pre-apologize for my English. I'm going to buy CrazyTalk animator standard 49$. Tell me, can I do Rendering and what will be the format?
garrypye
garrypye
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hello Shharris. Yes, if you were to buy my characters, or props and backgrounds for that matter, you are free to use them in whatever projects you want. The only thing I ask is (a) that you do not resell the content in the original form. So don't take a character, rename it and then resell it, and (b) I'd love it if you could possibly add my Facebook page to your credits, to direct others to my work. The link is https://www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations/ 

Glad you like my stuff. Drop me an email at garrypye@bigpond.net.au and say hi.

Garry Pye
www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations?ref=bookmarks

Reading This Topic