What's New In iClone 6.42

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday

Hi Everyone,

Here are a list of exciting enhancement and important bug fixes we have included with iClone v6.42.

iClone 6.42 Version History:

2016-03-28, v6.42.2728.1
Fixed: Abnormally high specularity and glossiness on the eye material when imported from RLHead.
Fixed: Failed to adjust Material Settings for Eye and Cornea after imported RLHead.

2016-03-25, v6.42.2725.1
Fixed: Video loop setting does not export with the video.
Fixed: Failed to import popVideo from the main menu.

2016-03-24, v6.42.2724.1
Added: Compatible with popVideo Converter 3.

Please watch the video below to see how to bring your new popVideos into iClone 6.42.

Added: Compatible with the new .RLHead format for future 3D Head content release
Added: RL Head category under Content Manager / Actor / Head for future 3D Head content release.
Added: CC Gloves category under Content Manager / Actor / Part for future CC Cloth pack release.
Added: Option to Confine Face puppet area to 3D viewport under Preference / Control
(Especially helpful to multi-screen users, which greatly reduces the puppet mouse movement range.)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c9b89b70-94a9-4ead-8ffa-6fe3.png

We set …… ON by default.

And you can see a new frame around the 3D render area when in puppet mode.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4f5d4a51-d284-4e58-be0e-a8a2.png

Enhanced: Import Body Texture in RLHead Import Options, for removing neck seam when importing RLHead.
If you check the Head and Body option, iClone will automatically match the body skin tone to the imported RLHead facial texture; if you check Head Only, then you can keep the original body color tone, but you might need to manually resolve the head and body color inconsistency.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d1e57d4c-5b88-4c45-971d-666e.png

Fixed: All animations in the scene will play at 50% speed, after using 50% Face Puppet Recording at end of project export range.
Fixed: Lip-sync animation did not match with the audio source file, after using 50% Face Puppet Recording at end of project export range.
Fixed: G3 & G5 Character's eye blinking did not work when left-clicking mouse in Face Puppet.
Fixed: Decreased SpeedTree preview render, or experienced export flickering when only using Spotlights in the scene.
Fixed: Visual / Shadow / Bias did not work for Spotlight.
Fixed: Billboard failed to cast shadow.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/97631e57-6874-487b-a01c-c3fb.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e80140ce-2f8d-4be0-a624-9b2d.png

Fixed: 'Align Actor Motion' and 'Reset Motion Root' did not work. Character jumped back to root after each motion, instead of staying aligned with the previous motion.
Fixed: Failed to Collect Clip for a Non-human character: Motion clip saved but the scene character turned into an un-textured G5 character.
Fixed: Failed to import RLHead after CC Character loaded materials to Skin_Head, Eye, Cornea.
Fixed: Failed to get the same 3D head creation result as iClone 5 via the Create Head template face type. There was wrong data in Create Face combobox / Neutral, Female.
Fixed: Failed to export smooth video when there were numerous video textures in the scene.
Fixed: Certain AMD video cards exported fuzzy videos. Provided "Hardware Video Encoder" checkbox under Render / Format.
Fixed: Failed to scroll down to Material List via Down Arrow Key or Mouse Wheel when the amount of Material was over 6.
Fixed: Image Layer failed to Offset/Tiling correctly in Modify / Texture Settings / UV Settings
Fixed: Certain props downloaded from 3D Warehouse were not supported and caused iClone crash.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fd1bfea5-0e41-4274-a444-8e00.png

Great News!... iClone 6 users who upgrade to iClone 6.42 can now download a bonus selection of popVideo 3 content totally free. Please download the bonus pack from your Member Account by clicking the "Patch/Bonus" link for iClone 6.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
8 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Thank you Reallusion for all the fixes and new features for the upcoming clothing! Smile
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Wow sounds like something in there for everyone (as excited as I am about this release foreshadowing the new stuff to come, I'm really glad billboards cast shadows now :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

[EDIT] Actor Root now works, even though we would have loved to see it aligned also in terms of rotation and not only translation.
But one strange issue is that if both Reset Actor Root and Reset Motion Root are disabled, when we apply an animation, the character moves away from the actor root, even before the animation is played.

Also, I got an anti-virus msg (I use AVG) when I install the patch and the installer arrives to the file RLVnsThumbs64.dll.
I can then choose to:

1. remove the "threat" and abort the installation
2. ignore it, which then causes an error message "Access is denied (0x5), but the installation seems completed and iClone starts

Not sure if I am the only one with this issue, but... any idea why this should happen ?

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
8 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
@Roberto

When you turn off both tracking features, the motion is loaded as originally saved. So if the original motion does not start at 0,0,0 then that is the way it loads.

This actually becomes really important if you need to save and reload a clip of your own that takes place at some random location in your scene. You want it to be able to reload in the same position you saved it in, rather than re-orient according to the tools.
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Rampa,

thanks for the clarification.
So, this is rather a FEATURE :-)

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hey, that's lot of great news, Peter (RL).  Smile

A bunch of fixes, and a lot of teasers (a.k.a. preparation) for upcoming functionality enhancements.
Give the team a "high five" and tell  them to keep up the good work.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I installed the update but ever since crash crash crash crash, Im going to try rolling back to previous version. Just what I need when I've got a project to finish GRRRRR

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
TheOldBuffer (3/24/2016)
I installed the update but ever since crash crash crash crash, Im going to try rolling back to previous version. Just what I need when I've got a project to finish GRRRRR

Ah yes, an old lesson learned.  Unless necessary, never do software updates in the middle of a project.
What is it they say about experience?  Experience is something you get immediately after you needed it.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking
alexbronk
alexbronk
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I can not import PopVideo 3 in iclone 6  Sad
already updated the Iclone6 to 4.42
I am using win10

Reading This Topic