like many, I encounter a lot of problems with the new version 6.4 of iClone.
- Projects containing several times the same character
- Speed slowdown
- Random crash
I have downloaded and tested the patched version of iclone (ic6.41_20160217.5) and noted the following points:
at the beginning the patched program works better than the current version 6.4, I found a normal execution speed
but if several projects are working without problems, others systematically crash
Among these :
- A project containing several times the same character (with different clothes)
- A project that worked perfectly in IC5 and IC6.3 but crash under IC6 4.1 (and IC6 4.1 patched)
The most annoying is that once a project crashed, all projects including those working properly before are playing very slowly after.
From that moment iClone becomes difficult to use.
The most curious is that the same project, iClone (patched) does not always crash on the same module.
for example :
- and some times the module is unknown
Each time the crash is caused by: "FaultTolerantHeap" event.
This suggests to me a bug in iClone (or Windows) and not problem related to my PC.
Read this document to understand why after a "FaultTolerantHeap" crash iClone run so slowly.
and if you want to know what is the HEAP :
To bypass the slowdown problem after a FTH crash until Reallusion provides a functional version of iClone I found a solution:
(But will not prevent iclone to crash)
I rename the directory IC6.41_20160217.5 (of the unzipped patch) in IC6.41_20160217.5_001
this allows me to return to a normal speed
At the next crash I rename IC6.41_20160217.5_001 in IC6.41_20160217.5_002 and so on after every crash.
(of course run iClone from the bin64 folder of the unzipped patch)
It may be possible to simply delete the entry in the registry, but I did not attempt the operation, in case it completely block the PC.
In case this might help someone or to solve the problem ... voilà