Temporary Fix For iClone 6.4 Crashing Problems

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday

Hi Everyone,

Firstly let me apologise for the crashing issues that have appeared since the release of the iClone 6.4 update. I want to assure you all that the issue is being urgently investigated by the iClone development team.

As a first step to finding a permanent resolution to the problem, please can you download the temporary 6.41 update below which we hope will help resolve the problem. Once downloaded, please follow the instructions in the Readme.txt file.

UPDATE: The official 6.41 update is now available. Please download from your Member Account by clicking the Patch/Bonus link or use LiveUpdate.

This fix should resolve the following issues:

Opening an existing project caused a crash when there were multiple characters/props in the scene.

Any editing caused a crash when there were multiple characters/props in the scene.

Once you have downloaded, please check again for the crashing issues and let us know if it helps.

Thank you for your patience and understanding over this matter.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
8 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
thank you Peter,   I can certainly appreciate how microsoft has it's hand in these issues as I've seen it happening to other softwares as well.  Some of them were disabled entirely.

I also appreciate the urgency you are approaching this with,  it's frustrating for me personally that everytime I try to take on a new project in between other things that I find myself saying "What Now?!!"  and it simply hinders my progress.  But It wouldn't be fair to point just at you while microsoft is randomly crippling my video drivers from bad patches lol. 

So ...Cheers :Wink

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

-Can I blame duplicate posts on microsoft ? lol -

Edited
8 Years Ago by planetstardragon
erisku
erisku
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)Veteran Member (511 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Peter

I had an issue with a project I created recently. Iclone was crashing the moment the project was all loaded. I did the update but there is no change, problem still persists.

other projects from before do not have this problem, only this one with multiple characters.

any new idea.
br
Eris
Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago

like many, I encounter a lot of problems with the new version 6.4 of iClone.

- Projects containing several times the same character
- Speed slowdown
- Random crash

I have downloaded and tested the patched version of iclone (ic6.41_20160217.5) and noted the following points:

at the beginning the patched program works better than the current version 6.4, I found a normal execution speed
but if several projects are working without problems, others systematically crash
Among these :

- A project containing several times the same character (with different clothes)
- A project that worked perfectly in IC5 and IC6.3 but crash under IC6 4.1 (and IC6 4.1 patched)

The most annoying is that once a project crashed, all projects including those working properly before are playing very slowly after.
From that moment iClone becomes difficult to use.

The most curious is that the same project, iClone (patched) does not always crash on the same module.
for example :

- plateformes\qwindows.dll
 - Bin64\Qt5gui.dll
 - Bin64\Qt5Core.dll
 - system32\NTdll.dll
 - and some times the module is unknown

Each time the crash is caused by: "FaultTolerantHeap" event.
This suggests to me a bug in iClone (or Windows) and not problem related to my PC.

Read this document to understand why after a "FaultTolerantHeap" crash iClone run so slowly.

http://www.drdobbs.com/windows/take-on-memory-corruption-and-win/225300234

and if you want to know what is the HEAP :

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/heap

To bypass the slowdown problem after a FTH crash until Reallusion provides a functional version of iClone I found a solution:
(But will not prevent iclone to crash)

I rename the directory IC6.41_20160217.5 (of the unzipped patch) in IC6.41_20160217.5_001
this allows me to return to a normal speed
At the next crash I rename IC6.41_20160217.5_001 in IC6.41_20160217.5_002 and so on after every crash.
(of course run iClone from the bin64 folder of the unzipped patch)

It may be possible to simply delete the entry in the registry, but I did not attempt the operation, in case it completely block the PC.

In case this might help someone or to solve the problem ... voilà

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you all for the feedback.

We have now updated the temporary fix to resolve a couple more issues. Please download the latest build from the links in the original post.

The new fixes include:-

v.20160219.3

Fixed: Program crashes when exiting the program (Note: Not fixed yet on Windows 7)
Fixed: Program crashes when loading certain projects with Soft Cloth Physics data.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

I'm still happily running Windows 7 Pro.
There are some 6.4 fixes/features I'm looking forward to using, but I think I'll try to wait a few more days and see if a final 6.4 release comes out.

I'm really glad to see Reallusion working with a sense of urgency on these issues.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I just quickly tested the patch 2 (IC6.41_20160219): I have not seen a crash, all my project which crashed before seems to work now.
I have found a slight drop in FPS but it's still reasonable for me
let's see what others think
toppro77
toppro77
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I have seen several problems with the new update. Clothes fly off the characters once again when you scrub the timeline and physics is enabled. Most times the clothes will not go back on the character when reset to the beginning of the animation. You have to reload the clothes all over again to correct this. This was fixed in the previous update but we have it back again now. There is no way to multi select items in the material list in the modify panel. You have to painstakingly select each item you want to disappear from the scene and move the opacity slider to zero. In the previous update I could multi select. I have had crashes loading certain characters or items at times. It doesn't happen that often but it is frustrating when it happens and you have to wait for a reload. Those are my top 3 peeves at the moment. I sure hope you guys fix this ASAP.
tom weston
tom weston
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
So far, so good with v.20160219.3

Reading This Topic