I am experiencing strange issues with the timeline and I wonder if there is a solution. I have a simple 3D Text object that I want to move from point a to point b, hold for a length of time, and then move on to point c. So what I have are 4 keyframes as follows:
1 - starting position (frame 0)
2 - hold position (frame 30)
3 - hold position (frame 60)
4 - ending position frame (90)
If I have keys 2 & 3 with the exact same position then you would think the object would remain there for 30 frames. However, as I click on the in-between frames, the object drifts backwards out of position. This also happens to me in other areas where there seems to be no interpolation happening between some of the keyframes. I've verifed that no additional keys exist in between #2 and #3, but the result is incorrect.
Exiting and re-loading don't help.
Am I missing something?
what you are experiencing is actually common, Iclone is trying to interpolate or inbetween the frames, thats why you get that extra movement inbetween your keys 2 and 3. Here are a couple of trick you might want to try.
1) at keyframe 2 (frame 30) move the timeslider back one frame and create a keyframe there. There is a little icon that allows you to add key on the top row of the timeline.
2) go back to keyframe 2 (frame 30) select key, right click on it and copy key
3) move the time slider forward one frame (frame 31) right click on the empty square and paste key.
4) go to keyframe 3 (frame 60) select key and right click and paste key
5) move back one frame (frame 59) right click on square and paste key again
that should flatten the motion curve for you and stay on hold. If it still wiggles , it mean that the motions between keys 1 and 2 are too extreme to smooth out by brute force which mean you need do a different trick until IC4 comes out. then that problem will be solved with the new motion curve options like step, linear, easy in, etc.
Trick two (if trick one does not work for you.
1) Create a duplicate of the logo with the exact same key frames.
2) Call it logo1 and logo2
3) select logo1 and go to the opacity slider on the modify window. (window along the right side of the screen) scroll down until you see the opacity slider .
4) in the time line go to materials and at frame 30 add key
5) go to frame 31, move the opacity slider to 0 (this will add a new key for you)
6) select logo2 , open the transform tab and delete keyframes 1 and 2
7) open materials tab and go to frame 30 , slide opacity slider to 0
8) go to frame 31 and put opacity slider to 100
9) go to frame 1 and delete key there if there is one.
So this is what is going to happen by doing this, logo1 will be visible only until frame 30, and logo2 is only visible from frame 31 on, and since you removed the transform keyframes 1 and 2 from it, the logo will remain still from frames 31 to 60 and them move to from 61 to 90.
I know this is the long way to do things, but like i said before, this will all be fixed on IC4.
Hope this helped,
My iClone 7 gallery