CT6 - Working with two or more 'heads'

Posted By m1ke 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
m1ke
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
When working with two (or more) heads - it would be useful if the dialogue from one can be heard whilst working on another, in order to time facial expressions.

At the moment, when one head is selected, only the voice track for that one can be heard when in TimeLine mode - I have to keep reverting back to Stage mode to see how well the 'reaction' fit is.

Also, in order to create a reaction, I have to put a silent section on the Stage track for that person.

Thus, question - am I missing a method here, or is that the way it is at the moment?

I did try dropping all of the individual speech sections onto the 'music overlay' track, and that sort of worked, but everything has to be in perfect sync and that takes a bit of setting up as well.

One method I haven't explored is to record the entire dialogue externally to CT6, then in an audio editor, kill the sound from one person - to get two tracks say each complete with voice from one of the people plus required silence. However, that still wouldn't provide the voice required when handling the reaction facial expressions.

Nearly there - just missing one vital piece at the moment!

Mike
m1ke
m1ke
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

no one? Am I alone on this?

Mike
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi M1ke,

This the Wishful Features forum. This is the place to submit areas you would like to see improvements and then this information is passed on to the Crazytalk team for review. For  questions or when you are looking for feedback, it is better to post in the Crazytalk - General forum. You are more likely to get responses there.

I can tell you that your problem and suggestions were submitted to the CT team and hopefully future upgrades or versions will rectify this issue.

Thanks for your feedback. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

m1ke
m1ke
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Peter - at least I now know there isn't a direct way of doing it that I've missed.

Roll on the next version then ... Smile

Mike
Edited
15 Years Ago by m1ke

Reading This Topic