Profile Picture

Accessing Bonus Packs

Posted By ljb2045 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ljb2045
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)Junior Member (242 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I purchased and downloaded the new toon generation packs along with the monster maker, monster motion, and monster workshop packs. They all indicated that they were successfully downloaded and installed to my IClone6 program. The toon generation packs showed up fine but the monster workshop and associated packs are nowhere to be found. Where am I not looking? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
pfontaine2
pfontaine2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I don't have the program open at the moment but I seem to remember that much of the Monster packs show up under accessories.  Check there to see if the items are there.  If I remember correctly, it's set up this way because the characters themselves are customizable and therefore fall under that catagory rather than "eyes" or "nose".  Hopefully I remembered this correctly and you find this helpful.

Perhaps you can answer a question I left earlier on the forum.  Are the Toon Generation characters completely self-contained or are they customizable so that you can swap out hair or clothing?  I'm trying to get an answer to this before purchasing.

Thanks very much!
Pierre
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Pierre
I do not have the Iclone packs but I do have the Daz versions of these packs and I think it is unlikely that you will be able to swop clothes although you may be able to swap accessories.
In my opinion if you own 3dxchange the best bet would be to buy the Daz packs (unfortunately you have just missed out on a 60% off sale!) where you can choose clothing (some of which is adjustable) and body shapes and then convert them into Iclone characters yourself. They convert easily and well.
Mick
pfontaine2
pfontaine2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Hi Mick,
I was considering getting the DAZ packs instead of the Content Store versions for the very reasons you've mentioned.  I might just take your suggestion to heart.  Thanks for the advice.
Pierre
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Pierre - DAZ has a half price sale on now which includes the Toon Generation packs!

pfontaine2
pfontaine2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I purchased the DAZ Toon Generation pack at a discount but am having an awful time converting them to iClone characters.  For starters, I don't seem to be able to get any facial animation from the characters.  Do I have to set up all the morph blend shapes on keyframes in DAZ before saving as an FBX?  Is there a specific video tutorial that would be helpful here?  Is it possible to create a short video tutorial or walk-through concerning the conversion of these characters to iClone using 3DXchange?  The combo of DAZ Genesis 1 & 2 characters with 3DXchange is fantastic and seemingly quite easy but this has me stumped!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pierre
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Pierre if you an wait until tomorrow afternoon I'll try and sort something out but there is a pretty quick method and once you have done one you can reuse the same profiles for others. The individual facial movements can be quickly added to the second frame by simply moving all the sliders and then baking the key frames before exporting
pfontaine2
pfontaine2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I would appreciate it enormously.  No problem time-wise.  I'll gladly wait until you've got something to show.
Thanks again!
Pierre
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Pierre
Video uploaded here (it is still processing at the moment but a decent quality version should be there soon)
http://youtu.be/Sw1JRjbIhq4

Basic steps are:

First character

Daz

Load base Toon Generation figure
Switch to pose animate tab
set FPS to 1
move to Frame 1
adjust all expression and viseme sliders that you want
save the file for use as a base for any further figures
export FBX

3dxchange

Load FBX in 3dxchange
convert to non-standard character
use genesis preset
amend spine and assign eyes
save characterisation profile
convert
launch expression editor
set autosave
adjust all required expressions
save face profile

Subsequent characters

Daz

start with base figure
in frame zero adjust body/head shape - add clothes etc
export new figure

3dxchange

Load FBX in 3dxchange
convert to non-standard character
load previously saved characterisation profile
convert
launch expression editor
load previously saved face profile and adjust expressions as required to give uniqueness of character

pfontaine2
pfontaine2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wow...that's so incredibly helpful.  I really appreciate what you did here to explain the process.  I haven't tried it myself yet but I certainly intend to do this later.  I'll let you know if I have any problems but in the meantime, thanks again.  It's very much appreciated!

Reading This Topic