OFFICIAL iClone 6.03 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Author
Capemedia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Galfridus (5/6/2015)
[quote]Just tried this Cape.Not sure if I`m understanding you correctly.I can swap hair /eyes/shoes etc clicking individual thumbnails in their parts subfolders.No crashes so far on a G5 avatar in IC6.03. Trying to do this with aG6 brings up the warning “Only standard Characters can swap bodyparts”.Geoff.

Peter (RL) (5/6/2015)
[quote]Hi Cape,

Please can you try uninstalling iClone and perform a clean install of the full 6.03 version. You can get the latest version from your Member Account. This should resolve the problem.

Note: When you uninstall iClone all your installed content packs will remain so you won't need to install these again.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I managed to get this working without having to re-install iClone.  I had to re-do all the short-cuts for all the links.  No idea why iClone would not recognise the links in the first place or why re-doing them caused them to start working.

However I can now see all the various parts in iClone and change as required.

Cheers

Cape Smile 

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

nat woi
nat woi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago

rl updater don't update the update app hangs at 98%

Krusher
Krusher
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (529 reputation)Veteran Member (529 reputation)Veteran Member (529 reputation)Veteran Member (529 reputation)Veteran Member (529 reputation)Veteran Member (529 reputation)Veteran Member (529 reputation)Veteran Member (529 reputation)Veteran Member (529 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (5/6/2015)
RobertoColombo (5/1/2015)
Single object wrongly shown 2 times in Scene Manager: not fixed!
Details here: https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic224537-386-19.aspx

From our testing, we determined this issue is a memory related problem due to the huge size of your project. Sadly there won't be a fix for this. It is advised to reduce the size of the project to a more manageable size or split the project into smaller parts to resolve this problem.

....And what would be the maximum recommended memory size limit for projects? smallish?

Haswell i7-5930K (3.5 GHz, 140W, 15MB Cache)
16GB RAM, 1.0TB SSD, 3.0TB HD
NVIDIA GeForce® GTX™ 980 (X3/SLI) 4GBx3 

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Two More issues encountered Today

Mentioned prior to this in the old thread, so no fix was done from the previous reporting.

Expandable S I Z A B L E windows are still needed in multiple sub-windows.  Image Shown
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/35df9983-a933-407f-bfce-f837.jpg

Rendering in WMV:  When rendering and reducing the Audio to 5, all audio fails to export.. I wasn't about to test all levels, this is where I tried and it failed to send out the audio.  Level 7-8 seems to work.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6fed343d-05f4-4a07-9351-1717.jpg

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
9 Years Ago by Cricky
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Rendering in WMV:  When rendering and reducing the Audio to 5, all audio fails to export.. I wasn't about to test all levels, this is where I tried and it failed to send out the audio.  Level 7-8 seems to work.

@cricky
I had already reported this error under 6:02 in the forum
https://forum.reallusion.com/224537/OFFICIAL-602-Issues-Thread?PageIndex=10

Was not fixed.
Greetings from Germany
Werner (Postfrosch)

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (5/6/2015)
RobertoColombo (5/1/2015)
Single object wrongly shown 2 times in Scene Manager: not fixed!
Details here: https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic224537-386-19.aspx

From our testing, we determined this issue is a memory related problem due to the huge size of your project. Sadly there won't be a fix for this. It is advised to reduce the size of the project to a more manageable size or split the project into smaller parts to resolve this problem.

Hi Peter,
I disagree with your statement because it is refers to another case.
In the post I identified a simple test case to have props duplicated: the project uses 1 avatar and 2 props.
I doubt this can be considered a "huge project"...
Here are the steps again, for sake of clarity:

1. New project
2. Add Mason
3. Add a Ball (3D Blocks -> Ball_001)
4. Attach the ball to Mason
5. Open the Attach to sub-node window ( three dots "...") and select the Pelvis as the bone to be attached
6. Add a Ball (3D Blocks -> Ball_001) again
7. Attach it to Mason
8. Open the Attach to sub-node window ( three dots "...") and select the BoneRoot as the bone to be attached
Now, you should see in the Scene window that one of the balls appears 2 time in the list of assets attached to Mason

Moreover, I have indicated in this thread at least 4-5 problems (already reported for IC6.02) that haven´t been fixed yet but apparently you have answered 5 times to only one of them.

Regards

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
9 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
Agonos
Agonos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (5/3/2015. If you are having performance issues with iClone 6, try switching to the DirectX 9 version and see if this allows you to successfully run iClone. In the DirectX 9 version you will have access to Pixel Shading just as you did in iClone 5.

In iClone 6.03 you can launch either the DirectX 11 version or the DirectX 9 version. You can do this by going to Start > All Programs > iClone 6 and then select "iClone Graphics Mode Selection". Then select the DirectX 9 version and try to launch iClone 6..

This solution is good until this problem of "glare" is resolved. Thx

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Capemedia (5/6/2015)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I managed to get this working without having to re-install iClone.  I had to re-do all the short-cuts for all the links.  No idea why iClone would not recognise the links in the first place or why re-doing them caused them to start working.

However I can now see all the various parts in iClone and change as required.

Cheers

Cape Smile 

Hi Cape,

Great to hear you have got it sorted out now. Thanks for letting us know.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Krusher (5/6/2015)
[quote]Peter (RL) (5/6/2015)

....And what would be the maximum recommended memory size limit for projects? smallish?

Project sizes will of course vary from system to system but certainly if the project is reaching the 1GB mark you should seriously consider splitting it or reducing the size. Personally I rarely work with a project larger than 500MB. I would rather have 3 or 4 smaller easy to manage projects than one huge project that takes ages to load and slows to a crawl when trying to do anything. It's much easier to put it all together in editing post production rather than try and do it all in one project.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

RobertoColombo (5/7/2015)

Hi Peter,
I disagree with your statement because it is refers to another case.
In the post I identified a simple test case to have props duplicated: the project uses 1 avatar and 2 props.
I doubt this can be considered a "huge project"...
Here are the steps again, for sake of clarity:

1. New project
2. Add Mason
3. Add a Ball (3D Blocks -> Ball_001)
4. Attach the ball to Mason
5. Open the Attach to sub-node window ( three dots "...") and select the Pelvis as the bone to be attached
6. Add a Ball (3D Blocks -> Ball_001) again
7. Attach it to Mason
8. Open the Attach to sub-node window ( three dots "...") and select the BoneRoot as the bone to be attached
Now, you should see in the Scene window that one of the balls appears 2 time in the list of assets attached to Mason.

Thanks for supplying further information. We will check this out and get back to you. Our findings previously were based on the project you supplied which was absolutely huge.

Moreover, I have indicated in this thread at least 4-5 problems (already reported for IC6.02) that haven´t been fixed yet but apparently you have answered 5 times to only one of them.

As I often mention in these issues threads, all reported problems are passed to the iClone development team for investigation. Then if I get any feedback from them regarding specific issues I pass it on here. Unfortunately several of the issues reported in the 6.02 thread could not be fixed in time for 6.03 but will be fixed in iClone 6.1 instead. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic