OFFICIAL iClone 6.03 Issues Thread

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic234975.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 9 Years Ago
Hi Everyone,

iClone 6.03 has now been released. This version contains a large number of fixes and enhancements.

Can you please post all issues, bugs, glitches, etc. that you find with the iClone 6.03 release here.

Of course feel free to post general feedback in your own threads but it will be great if we can keep outstanding issues and bugs here in this official thread. It will make it easier for the development team to track any outstanding problems and get them fixed quickly.

Please do try to provide your full system specs and a description of the problem when posting issues as this will help greatly. If you can provide step by step information so we can repeat the problem even better.

Thanks. Smile

By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Hell all and thank you Peter
Question : Is it possible that the problem with the options "glare" would come from the use of a bad codec ? In any case, the problem disappears using directx 9.
By mtakerkart - 9 Years Ago
Thank you Peter,

The "Detail" Heightmap terrain bug still there. No opacity control , no tiling control....

I think terrain is a major feature for film making.

Best regards
By menro28 - 9 Years Ago
Hello Reallusión iCloners ;-)
Google traductor.

English:

Thank you very much Peter.
I'm disappointed. I still go very slow on old projects and new :-(

iClone 3 :-)
iClone 4 :-) :-)
iClone 5: -D: -D Or :-)
iClone 6 :-( :-( :-( 6.01 6.02 6.03 :-( :-( :-( ...

"Indigo Rendered" on stage with props waiting stays. It is faster Sketchup -> Indigo to iClone -> Indigo.

It goes faster iClone 5 Pro, which iClone PRO 6, and without affecting the system.

I miss the Pixel Shading tab (Wireframe, Smooth Shading ...) I was in iClone 5, because when I try to do something in the iClone 6 and see that it starts to get slow, slow much in the program, to put in lower quality to work.

I keep waiting and using other tools iClone 5 and 6 will practice with iClone waiting for a version which creates more stable to have fun with it.

Thank you very much and observe any problems other than stability, and for what I put.

· Different types of Glare, not working.

Spanish:
Muchas gracias Pedro.
Estoy desilusionado. Me sigue yendo muy lento en proyectos antiguos y nuevos :-(

iCLone 5 :-O :-) :-D :-D
iCLone 6 :-( 6.01 :-( :-( 6.02 :-(:-(:-( 6.03...

"Indigo Rendered" en escenarios con props se queda a la espera. Es más rápido de Sketchup-->Indigo que de iClone-->Indigo.

Va más rápido iClone 5 PRO, que iClone 6 PRO, y sin que afecte al sistema.

Echo de menos la pestaña del Pixel Shading (Wireframe, Smooth Shading...) que estaba en iClone 5, porque cuando intento hacer algo en el iClone 6 y veo que se empieza a poner lento, tardo mucho en el programa, en poner en calidad más baja para poder trabajar.

Seguiré esperando y utilizando el iClone 5 y demás herramientas y practicaré con iClone 6 a la espera de una versión que crea más estable para divertirme con ella.

Muchas gracias y cualquier problema que observe aparte de la estabilidad, pues lo ya lo pondré.

· Los diferentes tipos de Glare, no funciona.

· I7 960 3.2GHz 24GB RAM · · Nvidia Geforce GTX 650Ti 2GB VRAM · Windows 7 Ultimate Servipack one·
By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
Tabbing from one motion to another I see has not been fixed.

The Tab should start at the beginning, hit tab to advance, and then it should go to the end of the same applied motion(s), so more can be added easily.

If you want an example of how it did work, check previous versions of iClone. It comes in quite handy to do this simple tab option.

Inching forward to the end of a motion is not the way to move from one to another.
By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
Is there going to be an Alpha rendering option for PNG and TGA images?
By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
A few of the spinners I've tested still don't have reversal ability. They stop at zero.
By Supergerry - 9 Years Ago
After 5 min test:
Not Fixed
- Spring No Longer Works after resizing with Avatar AVATAR PROPORTION
- After loading * rPectoral and lPectoral .spx change to CHEST, so no separate change possible
- Tons of gigabytes on HD, very little RAM usage, so the program is very slow
- Crashes on startup if unsaved data of projects were found
- Play / Stop bar not removable / displaceable to enlarge the main screen

New error:
AVATAR Proportion: click, window opens, by default BODY has been selected in the list -> but it is the head in the picture in color -> Changing a slider then changes the head and not the body. Redial of Body in the list does not change, you must first click on the body in the picture, only then it works.

I am absolutely frustrated by this "update" and will not be used further for the time being IC6
Why the German IC6 has not yet been patched ??? This reminds me of earliest Poser times when un-English version were always being updated only after days or weeks. ...
BUG:
Crash when using Mocap device plugin:

Problemereignisname:   APPCRASH
Anwendungsname:   iClone.exe
Anwendungsversion:   6.0.1614.1 ----->>>> ??????????????????????
Anwendungszeitstempel:   5535e300
Fehlermodulname:   RLHumanCore.dll
Fehlermodulversion:   0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel:   5535de77
Ausnahmecode:   c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset:   000000000000c890
Betriebsystemversion:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
By animagic - 9 Years Ago
I was reporting on the HDR issue, but that was actually already announced as not being fixed... We have to wait until 6.1.
The issue with shadows for spotlights has not been fixed and neither has the problem with duplicate shadows for large objects.

For the sake of brevity I'll just refer to my earlier post here: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost224625.aspx.

By RobertoColombo - 9 Years Ago
Another issue recognized long time ago by RL but not fixed: if an animation clip is split, then the transition part of the animation defaults to a short value.
Same approach as Animagic: I am not going to tell again all the details.
I already posted in the Official 6.02 issue thread (https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic224537-386-15.aspx) and also sent a ticket to RL.

I hope the notified bugs are not lost by RL but rather delayed to the next patch update....

Cheers

Roberto

In the 6.02 issue thread (https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic224537-386-12.aspx), I reported that the Grid settings in the preference change only if the +/-1 arrows are pressed.
In 6.03 it is still like this, but after the arrows are pressed at least one time, then it is possible to change the grid settings by directly inserting the numeric values.
Kind of partial fix...

Cheers

Roberto
Another defects not fixed, here: https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic224537-386-16.aspx

Attach to sub-node window: "align" actual choice is not correctly shown when the window is opened.
It is always shown as "None"
Single object wrongly shown 2 times in Scene Manager: not fixed!
Details here: https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic224537-386-19.aspx
This ends the check of the issues&bugs that I reported in the 6.02 thread.
Basically none of them they have been fixed
I suggest everyone to do the same so that RL can take note of what is still open.

Cheers

Roberto
By rgreenidge - 9 Years Ago
It looks as if I'm having the same problem? See below, since I can't delete.
It looks as if I'm having the same problem I encountered with version 6.01. It seems that I'm having more crashes everytime I add something or add animation to a avatar, and so far none of the crashes have recovered through the auto recovery. So I have to do it all over, and on occasions when loading the last project after a crash, I have to reboot my computer, like the memory didn't clear, and I thought that was solved in 6.02. For me 6.03 seems to went a step backwards, except for the use of the Kinect, which I haven't tried yet. Sometimes which I find it remarkable that it crashes when renaming something, after I save it. I should be more specific when I say it crashes. The project fades to white, and it say's iC6, is not responding.
By h_habash - 9 Years Ago
The software Iclone 6.03 crashes whenever I try to change the diffuse, or any other option CrazyCrying this really disappointing.

I'm using Dell Laptop Intel Core i7; 1.9 GHz; 8GB Ram; 1TB SSHDD, Direct X 11; Windows 8.1; Nvidia 650.

I have purchased most of Reallusion software's (IClone, CrazyTalk 7, CrazyTalk Animator 2, 3Dxchange) and I had crashes issues with these software's in some particular options.

These crashes issues realty frustrating and time consuming and I can say wast of time especially when I word in a project for an hour or more.....!!!
By Alien Maniac - 9 Years Ago
You really need more ram......I had the same crashing problems and finally went to an older MSI GT683DX (off ebay) with i7 Quad 2.4 ghz 16GB ram and WOW.....so much faster and better but, next step is 32GB ram and that is even better. All computers have a different max Ram ability.

A little humor for ya.....a short story ( for laughs)

A little boy and his mom went to a store and the boy wanted to buy so many things. His mom replied: Do you think money grows on trees? The little boy replied: Mom, how is money made? She replied: Well son, money is made from paper that comes from trees. The boy replies: So lets buy some trees and then we will have all the money we want.

If it were only that eaaaasy, hu? LOL

Good luck and happy iClone-ing!

Bray42 (5/2/2015)
You really need more ram......I had the same crashing problems and finally went to an older MSI GT683DX (off ebay) with i7 Quad 2.4 ghz 16GB ram and WOW.....so much faster and better but, next step is 32GB ram and that is even better. All computers have a different max Ram ability.

A little humor for ya.....a short story ( for laughs)

A little boy and his mom went to a store and the boy wanted to buy so many things. His mom replied: Do you think money grows on trees? The little boy replied: Mom, how is money made? She replied: Well son, money is made from paper that comes from trees. The boy replies: So lets buy some trees and then we will have all the money we want.

If it were only that eaaaasy, hu? LOL

Good luck and happy iClone-ing!

Thanks to the humor story Laugh....
By blairpalmerlee - 9 Years Ago
I don't know if there's a quick fix for this, but when I hit the mocap device button nothing happens. I have mocap plugin installed, sensor seems to be working, but on the iclone side of things it's just a dead button.
menro28 (4/29/2015)
Hello Reallusión iCloners ;-)
Google traductor.

English:

Thank you very much Peter.
I'm disappointed. I still go very slow on old projects and new :-(

iClone 5: -D: -D Or :-)
iClone 6 :-( :-( :-( 6.01 6.02 6.03 :-( :-( :-( ...

"Indigo Rendered" on stage with props waiting stays. It is faster Sketchup -> Indigo to iClone -> Indigo.

It goes faster iClone 5 Pro, which iClone PRO 6, and without affecting the system.

I miss the Pixel Shading tab (Wireframe, Smooth Shading ...) I was in iClone 5, because when I try to do something in the iClone 6 and see that it starts to get slow, slow much in the program, to put in lower quality to work.

I keep waiting and using other tools iClone 5 and 6 will practice with iClone waiting for a version which creates more stable to have fun with it.

Thank you very much and observe any problems other than stability, and for what I put.

· Different types of Glare, not working.

If you are having performance issues with iClone 6, try switching to the DirectX 9 version and see if this allows you to successfully run iClone. In the DirectX 9 version you will have access to Pixel Shading just as you did in iClone 5.

In iClone 6.03 you can launch either the DirectX 11 version or the DirectX 9 version.

You can do this by going to Start > All Programs > iClone 6 and then select "iClone Graphics Mode Selection". Then select the DirectX 9 version and try to launch iClone 6..

If after checking all of the above you still can't launch iClone 6, please contact us at Support using the link below and send us your dxdiag.txt file so we can check your system for any obvious problems.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

a) Select the "Start" button.
b) Type "dxdiag" and click "dxdiag.exe" from the search list.
c) It will then check your system for a while, after finishing, click "save all information"
d) Save "DxDiag.txt". and send this to us as an attachment.

Thanks.

By irockem - 9 Years Ago
I am unable to use content from Movie Set vol 2 and Filmset vol 1 in iClone 6. The folders show nothing in iClone 6 Props section and when I click on find folder a folder opens and I see the content in there but can't drag it into iClone 6 and use it. Please help.
By jdpix - 9 Years Ago
I know it works in Windows 7 because my friend tried it - but on my computer (Windows 8) I can collect Motions - but not Motions Plus.

By jdpix - 9 Years Ago
I know it works in Windows 7 because my friend tried it - but on my computer (Windows 8) I can collect Motions - but not Motions Plus.

6.03 crash update. I haven't programmed anything above 16 bytes, electronics is my thing, so I'm don't have a clue what to peek poke with 64 bytes or even interested in programming (retired). I found out when I do something with 6.03, and iC stops functioning (screen whites out, later "iC6 stopped working pops up"). When I reboot iC6, the iProject.iproject recovery file always loads to a certain point but, always fails, as with any other earlier saved project I try to load. If I re-boot my computer, before the I re-start iClone, the recovery file (iProject.iproject) is then loaded with no problems, and the recovery file did save my last changes. I've never checked the recovery file after a clean computer boot before, because it told me it failed. It probably was alright. For some reason I'm not a programmer, but it seems like the memory is not cleared when iClone is re-loaded, or maybe that's not even the problem? You would think with 32 GB, I shouldn't be having these problems, that's up to the programmers and those that worked on the machine code. I could be wrong, but if I am having a memory problem, I remember having programs that would warn you that you are running low on resources, and I think earlier versions of IClone warned me, if I'm not mistaken it with another program? Anyway, I hope that if anyone has the same problem I do, will re-boot the computer, then start iC6.03, and go look for the recovery file iProject, and try it again. If it works save it before you start adding again. While saving projects I do not save over the last session (overwrite), I increase the project name with a higher number or add post-fix letters to make sure I don't overwrite my last known working project. After about 5-10 saves, and if they all work, I'll delete the first 3-4 working versions, you don't want to overwrite a working project with one that crashes or won't load all the way. And you won't know it's good until you load it after you are finished working for the day or night. 

By Capemedia - 9 Years Ago
Just discovered this problem so please let me know if it has been raised before.

Within iClone 6.03 if you select "Part" either Template or Custom, this causes a crash.  The file locations have short-cuts linking to Eyes, Gloves, Hair etc.
All the links work from their respected folders but they will not work within iClone.  I've tried to open the folder.dat file but it just comes up as rubbish and I cannot fathom what it needs to say.
I cannot believe this has stopped working and don't know when but I'm sure in 6.01 it was fine.
Please let me know so I can raise a support ticket if nobody else has raised this.
Thanks
Cape

By Krusher - 9 Years Ago
RL is recommending we use the dx 9 ver. to resolve program crash issues.  I have been using the dx 11 64 bit ver 6.03 and still experience crashes.   I believe there is a memory addressing issue that has not been resolved or even recognized as a known issue.   While working on a clean install the project seems to load "normally" however after sometime has passed with no increase in file size I experience delays,  as more time passes (a couple of days later) I can no longer launch iclone without saying no to the recovery option.  I can load any of the default projects but if i try to save them anywhere they crash iclone.  I have posted on the memory issue recently and am willing to work through this with any one willing to explore this on a technical basis.  Please do not advise people to upgrade their sys ram above 16GB and do not advise people to upgrade gpu ram above 4GB as Iclone does not utilize it.   For now I am happily using my 3rd clean install until I can no longer open projects which should occur in the next 1 to 2 weeks.

Cheers All
By Galfridus - 9 Years Ago
Capemedia (5/6/2015)

Within iClone 6.03 if you select "Part" either Template or Custom, this causes a crash.
Cape

Just tried this Cape.

Not sure if I`m understanding you correctly.

I can swap hair /eyes/shoes etc clicking individual thumbnails in their parts subfolders.No crashes so far on a G5 avatar in IC6.03. Trying to do this with aG6 brings up the warning “Only standard Characters can swap bodyparts”.

Geoff.

Supergerry (4/30/2015)
After 5 min test:
Not Fixed
- Spring No Longer Works after resizing with Avatar AVATAR PROPORTION
- After loading * rPectoral and lPectoral .spx change to CHEST, so no separate change possible

These issues will be fixed in iClone 6.1.

- Tons of gigabytes on HD, very little RAM usage, so the program is very slow
- Crashes on startup if unsaved data of projects were found
- Play / Stop bar not removable / displaceable to enlarge the main screen

New error:
AVATAR Proportion: click, window opens, by default BODY has been selected in the list -> but it is the head in the picture in color -> Changing a slider then changes the head and not the body. Redial of Body in the list does not change, you must first click on the body in the picture, only then it works.

I have passed the remaining issues to the iClone team for review. Thanks for the feedback.
Supergerry (4/30/2015)
BUG:
Crash when using Mocap device plugin:

Problemereignisname:   APPCRASH
Anwendungsname:   iClone.exe
Anwendungsversion:   6.0.1614.1 ----->>>> ??????????????????????
Anwendungszeitstempel:   5535e300
Fehlermodulname:   RLHumanCore.dll
Fehlermodulversion:   0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel:   5535de77
Ausnahmecode:   c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset:   000000000000c890
Betriebsystemversion:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

If you are still having this issue can you please contact us at Support and let us know which Kinect device you are using. We can then supply you with the latest version of the Plugin for your device.

Thanks.

animagic (5/1/2015)
The issue with shadows for spotlights has not been fixed and neither has the problem with duplicate shadows for large objects.

For the sake of brevity I'll just refer to my earlier post here: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost224625.aspx.

We plan to fix these issues in the 6.1 update. Apologies for the delay.

RobertoColombo (5/1/2015)

From our testing, we determined this issue is a memory related problem due to the huge size of your project. Sadly there won't be a fix for this. It is advised to reduce the size of the project to a more manageable size or split the project into smaller parts to resolve this problem.
rgreenidge (5/1/2015)
It looks as if I'm having the same problem I encountered with version 6.01. It seems that I'm having more crashes everytime I add something or add animation to a avatar, and so far none of the crashes have recovered through the auto recovery. So I have to do it all over, and on occasions when loading the last project after a crash, I have to reboot my computer, like the memory didn't clear, and I thought that was solved in 6.02. For me 6.03 seems to went a step backwards, except for the use of the Kinect, which I haven't tried yet. Sometimes which I find it remarkable that it crashes when renaming something, after I save it. I should be more specific when I say it crashes. The project fades to white, and it say's iC6, is not responding.

These issues could be related to your computer specs or drivers. Please can you contact us using the link below and supply your dxdiag.txt. We can then check for any problems.

Thanks.

h_habash (5/1/2015)
The software Iclone 6.03 crashes whenever I try to change the diffuse, or any other option CrazyCrying this really disappointing.

I'm using Dell Laptop Intel Core i7; 1.9 GHz; 8GB Ram; 1TB SSHDD, Direct X 11; Windows 8.1; Nvidia 650.

I have purchased most of Reallusion software's (IClone, CrazyTalk 7, CrazyTalk Animator 2, 3Dxchange) and I had crashes issues with these software's in some particular options.

These crashes issues realty frustrating and time consuming and I can say wast of time especially when I word in a project for an hour or more.....!!!

Do these crashes occur in all projects, even the supplied samples, or just when working on a specific custom project? If a project is large then you could be experiencing memory related problems.

If it happens with all projects, even very basic ones, please can you contact us using the link below and supply your dxdiag.txt. We can then check for any obvious problems.

Thanks.

irockem (5/3/2015)
I am unable to use content from Movie Set vol 2 and Filmset vol 1 in iClone 6. The folders show nothing in iClone 6 Props section and when I click on find folder a folder opens and I see the content in there but can't drag it into iClone 6 and use it. Please help.

I have replied to you via Support regarding this problem. Please let me know if you still have problems after trying the downloads I gave you. Thanks.
Capemedia (5/6/2015)
Just discovered this problem so please let me know if it has been raised before.

Within iClone 6.03 if you select "Part" either Template or Custom, this causes a crash.  The file locations have short-cuts linking to Eyes, Gloves, Hair etc.
All the links work from their respected folders but they will not work within iClone.  I've tried to open the folder.dat file but it just comes up as rubbish and I cannot fathom what it needs to say.
I cannot believe this has stopped working and don't know when but I'm sure in 6.01 it was fine.
Please let me know so I can raise a support ticket if nobody else has raised this.
Thanks
Cape

Hi Cape,

Please can you try uninstalling iClone and perform a clean install of the full 6.03 version. You can get the latest version from your Member Account. This should resolve the problem.

Note: When you uninstall iClone all your installed content packs will remain so you won't need to install these again.

Thank you all for your continued feedback and reported issues. These have all been passed to the iClone team for testing. Please do remember that if you are experiencing issues that are seriously affecting your use of iClone 6, then please contact us via Support. This way we can work with you on a one to one basis to try and resolve the problem as quickly as possible. Thank you.

By Capemedia - 9 Years Ago
Galfridus (5/6/2015)
[quote]Just tried this Cape.Not sure if I`m understanding you correctly.I can swap hair /eyes/shoes etc clicking individual thumbnails in their parts subfolders.No crashes so far on a G5 avatar in IC6.03. Trying to do this with aG6 brings up the warning “Only standard Characters can swap bodyparts”.Geoff.

Peter (RL) (5/6/2015)
[quote]Hi Cape,

Please can you try uninstalling iClone and perform a clean install of the full 6.03 version. You can get the latest version from your Member Account. This should resolve the problem.

Note: When you uninstall iClone all your installed content packs will remain so you won't need to install these again.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I managed to get this working without having to re-install iClone.  I had to re-do all the short-cuts for all the links.  No idea why iClone would not recognise the links in the first place or why re-doing them caused them to start working.

However I can now see all the various parts in iClone and change as required.

Cheers

Cape Smile 

By nat woi - 9 Years Ago

rl updater don't update the update app hangs at 98%

By Krusher - 9 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (5/6/2015)

From our testing, we determined this issue is a memory related problem due to the huge size of your project. Sadly there won't be a fix for this. It is advised to reduce the size of the project to a more manageable size or split the project into smaller parts to resolve this problem.

....And what would be the maximum recommended memory size limit for projects? smallish?

By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
Two More issues encountered Today

Mentioned prior to this in the old thread, so no fix was done from the previous reporting.

Expandable S I Z A B L E windows are still needed in multiple sub-windows.  Image Shown
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/35df9983-a933-407f-bfce-f837.jpg

Rendering in WMV:  When rendering and reducing the Audio to 5, all audio fails to export.. I wasn't about to test all levels, this is where I tried and it failed to send out the audio.  Level 7-8 seems to work.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6fed343d-05f4-4a07-9351-1717.jpg
By Postfrosch - 9 Years Ago
Rendering in WMV:  When rendering and reducing the Audio to 5, all audio fails to export.. I wasn't about to test all levels, this is where I tried and it failed to send out the audio.  Level 7-8 seems to work.

@cricky
I had already reported this error under 6:02 in the forum
https://forum.reallusion.com/224537/OFFICIAL-602-Issues-Thread?PageIndex=10

Was not fixed.
Greetings from Germany
Werner (Postfrosch)
Peter (RL) (5/6/2015)

Hi Peter,
I disagree with your statement because it is refers to another case.
In the post I identified a simple test case to have props duplicated: the project uses 1 avatar and 2 props.
I doubt this can be considered a "huge project"...
Here are the steps again, for sake of clarity:

1. New project
2. Add Mason
3. Add a Ball (3D Blocks -> Ball_001)
4. Attach the ball to Mason
5. Open the Attach to sub-node window ( three dots "...") and select the Pelvis as the bone to be attached
6. Add a Ball (3D Blocks -> Ball_001) again
7. Attach it to Mason
8. Open the Attach to sub-node window ( three dots "...") and select the BoneRoot as the bone to be attached
Now, you should see in the Scene window that one of the balls appears 2 time in the list of assets attached to Mason

Moreover, I have indicated in this thread at least 4-5 problems (already reported for IC6.02) that haven´t been fixed yet but apparently you have answered 5 times to only one of them.

Regards

Roberto

By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (5/3/2015. If you are having performance issues with iClone 6, try switching to the DirectX 9 version and see if this allows you to successfully run iClone. In the DirectX 9 version you will have access to Pixel Shading just as you did in iClone 5.

In iClone 6.03 you can launch either the DirectX 11 version or the DirectX 9 version. You can do this by going to Start > All Programs > iClone 6 and then select "iClone Graphics Mode Selection". Then select the DirectX 9 version and try to launch iClone 6..

This solution is good until this problem of "glare" is resolved. Thx

Capemedia (5/6/2015)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I managed to get this working without having to re-install iClone.  I had to re-do all the short-cuts for all the links.  No idea why iClone would not recognise the links in the first place or why re-doing them caused them to start working.

However I can now see all the various parts in iClone and change as required.

Cheers

Cape Smile 

Hi Cape,

Great to hear you have got it sorted out now. Thanks for letting us know.

Krusher (5/6/2015)
[quote]Peter (RL) (5/6/2015)

....And what would be the maximum recommended memory size limit for projects? smallish?

Project sizes will of course vary from system to system but certainly if the project is reaching the 1GB mark you should seriously consider splitting it or reducing the size. Personally I rarely work with a project larger than 500MB. I would rather have 3 or 4 smaller easy to manage projects than one huge project that takes ages to load and slows to a crawl when trying to do anything. It's much easier to put it all together in editing post production rather than try and do it all in one project.

RobertoColombo (5/7/2015)

Hi Peter,
I disagree with your statement because it is refers to another case.
In the post I identified a simple test case to have props duplicated: the project uses 1 avatar and 2 props.
I doubt this can be considered a "huge project"...
Here are the steps again, for sake of clarity:

1. New project
2. Add Mason
3. Add a Ball (3D Blocks -> Ball_001)
4. Attach the ball to Mason
5. Open the Attach to sub-node window ( three dots "...") and select the Pelvis as the bone to be attached
6. Add a Ball (3D Blocks -> Ball_001) again
7. Attach it to Mason
8. Open the Attach to sub-node window ( three dots "...") and select the BoneRoot as the bone to be attached
Now, you should see in the Scene window that one of the balls appears 2 time in the list of assets attached to Mason.

Thanks for supplying further information. We will check this out and get back to you. Our findings previously were based on the project you supplied which was absolutely huge.

Moreover, I have indicated in this thread at least 4-5 problems (already reported for IC6.02) that haven´t been fixed yet but apparently you have answered 5 times to only one of them.

As I often mention in these issues threads, all reported problems are passed to the iClone development team for investigation. Then if I get any feedback from them regarding specific issues I pass it on here. Unfortunately several of the issues reported in the 6.02 thread could not be fixed in time for 6.03 but will be fixed in iClone 6.1 instead. 

By Krusher - 9 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (5/7/2015)
Krusher (5/6/2015)
[quote]Peter (RL) (5/6/2015)

Project sizes will of course vary from system to system but certainly if the project is reaching the 1GB mark you should seriously consider splitting it or reducing the size. Personally I rarely work with a project larger than 500MB. I would rather have 3 or 4 smaller easy to manage projects than one huge project that takes ages to load and slows to a crawl when trying to do anything. It's much easier to put it all together in editing post production rather than try and do it all in one project.

Thank you Peter,
I'm sure many of us will find this helpful.  I checked and found 1 of my projects to be above 600mb, the rest are around 300 mb.
Cheers
By Artman009 - 9 Years Ago
The spotlights not creating shadows issue shown here (link) is still present. Just FYI.
Peter (RL) (5/6/2015)
Do these crashes occur in all projects, even the supplied samples, or just when working on a specific custom project? If a project is large then you could be experiencing memory related problems.

If it happens with all projects, even very basic ones, please can you contact us using the link below and supply your dxdiag.txt. We can then check for any obvious problems.

Thanks.

Thanks Peter, I've done several tests to the software including re-installing it, freed the memory, all unused programs running in the background, but unfortunately with no positive result.

In addition to what I've mentioned earlier, IClone crashes whenever browser is required for any selection (i.e. open project from file menu, change opacity or any other texture modification.... e.c.t) and this all happen with such as a small size of 3d Block in the scene "No big or small project here it's only a pice of surface" Smile.

I hope Reallusion solves this issue ASAP, I'm working in a project and IC6 have advanced options not available in IC5.

By the way, I've reported this crash in Customer Support...
The following problem is still present in 6.03: Teeth are not showing when speech is applied for a G5 character for which a new face was created in iClone 6.

See this post for details: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost230603.aspx.
By madicloner - 9 Years Ago
Regarding the metioned mirrors: Forget that! v6 has much more important issues by now! First thanx for patching the huge problems of v6 with highpoly content. Now working is better - but still not as well as with v5. But this was a big step in the right direction!
But now v6 has new huge problems. If you take only one Dazzy and combine it with scenes and atmosphere - rendering is absurdly long! Think even Daz is suddenly faster than iClone. Some scenes of v5 even make rendering impossible. You get the message "please wait" until the first frame is rendered for ever. Atmosphere and light are now a big v6 killer! It is even possible, that realtime rendering is "turned off". You only hear sound, if you have one inside after you hit the play button. Additionally it looks like, the better v6 performance is "reached" partly by "transferring" a lot of "power" to the final clip rendering (export). Realtime-rendering in the preview window differs a lot to the final video - if you get one. If you want to replicate, what´s up - just take lights of v5, atmosphere, dazzies with soft cloth and hair activated, animation, "morphable" terrain (over texture of v5) and glowing textures. Just some seconds rendering last for very long time - and I guess if I take more than 1 Dazzie, it will last for hours.
And please stop investing time and money in Indigo. The bad single pic renderer is nothing but trouble! Better search for a really good rendering alternative!
By DELETED2 - 9 Years Ago
madicloner (5/15/2015)
...//...And please stop investing time and money in Indigo. The bad single pic renderer is nothing but trouble! Better search for a really good rendering alternative!

I have to admit... and I'm as determined as anyone can ever get... the eight crashes per hour or so and the weird jittering lag iClone develops even though the set is only about two thirds the size of what runs freely in 5.5... I'm starting to feel nervy about creating these large scale projects in something that wont open in 5.5 seamlessly.  It's making me edgy.  Just navigating round the set on a machine with twice the ram as before and I'm sluggishly waiting till iClone catches up and the move takes place.
I need to achieve. And what it feels like is when Windows went 95 and everyone was using a 286 instead of a 486.
I'm not achieving.
And I want my Qin gardens finished and my Sci-Fi project underway but I'm about four months off target with the former.
I'm starting for the very first time to feel disheartened and lose faith. For me to say that, for those who know my usual "barge my way forwards no matter what" attitude... is saying something.
Can we ditch this infatuation with Indigo and get iClone back UP TO SPEED PLEASE.

Armstrong. Crying
By Dragonskunk - 9 Years Ago
The eyeballs side to side limit is very narrow for the x limit. I can't get my character to see from the corner of its eyes. 

I wish the puppet weight would let me go over 100. Or have more eye rotation when 100 is used.
EDIT:
I found what was going on 3DX eye turning range was lacking.

Disregard, not a bug.
By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
Copied here so it gives continuity to errors encountered in 6.03

gortskehyns (5/18/2015)
Hi guys,
In iClone 5.5 I can import a greenscreen wmv file and wmv mask file (created in Sony Vegas) to a billboard. This creates a realistic shadow - of a person walking around for example.   I've searched these forums and cannot find a way to replicate this shadow in iClone 6.  The billboard shadow makes the import much more realistic. I've tried creating a floor and plain in iClone 6 but still cannot get a shadow to appear. Is this a bug? Using 6.0.3.    

I'd say a bug worth reporting.  Billboards did cast shadows in iClone5, and now they don't. 

I used various input sources, and could not get the Billboard to cast or receive a shadow,
Peter (RL) (5/6/2015)
h_habash (5/1/2015)

Thanks.

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your support, but I'm still having the same crash issue with IClone,  I've created a support ticket, got reply with suggestions, did all the steps, but unfortunately all the efforts leads to the same crash issue.
I believe that my laptop is strong enough to run the software, this issue appeared only after the 6.03 update, otherwise it'll not be able to run all other 3D software I'm using....
I hope this issue is resolved soon to get start with my planned project.
By GrannyJ - 9 Years Ago
I have found that a major contributor to iClone crashes is the OS - Microsoft (in an effort to "help" the computer illiterate) has set "ghost files" to time a program's response. Unfortunately, the built-in timers will often crash programs like iClone, 3dsMax, Mudbox, Cinema Studio 4D, etc., because it is a single set limit for all software applications. (and they must have used MsWord or Excel as their basis, because the timer is ridiculously low).

So, if you get the Windows message that the "program is unresponsive & windows is closing the program" on a fairly regular basis, you may want to try using the Application Compatibility Toolkit from Microsoft to eliminate Windows from creating a ghost file for iClone (both ver. 5 & 6), and therefore preventing the OS from terminating the program due to unresponsiveness.

There are 2 separate versions of the Toolkit - one for Win 8/8.1 and another for Win7.  It is imperative that you use the correct toolkit for your OS.
To download the Application Compatibility Toolkit, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Win8: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa286552.aspx
Win7: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7352
To create a custom Application Compatibility database:
  1. Install and run the Compatibility Administrator Tool.
  2. Right-click Custom Database, and then click New.
  3. Right-click the new database, and then click Rename.
  4. Type noghost as the name of the database. (You can name this whatever you want.)
  5. Right-click New Database, click Create New, and then click Application Fix. Type the name of the program to be fixed.
  6. Type the name of the program manufacturer.
  7. Locate and then select the appropriate program (.exe) file.
  8. Click Next.
  9. In the Compatibility Modes window, click None, and then click Next.
  10. In the Compatibility Fixes list, click NoGhost.
  11. Click either Test Run or Finish. Clicking Test Run starts the program with the application compatibility setting. Clicking Finish adds the compatibility fix to your database.
  12. On the File menu, click Save to save the database. Or, copy the database to the C:\Windows\AppPatch folder.
  13. Right-click the database, and then click Install. Or, run the sdbinst c:\windows\apppatch\noghost.sdb -q command to install the database.

I have tried this & although it does not stop application programming crashes, it does eliminate the "unresponsive program" crashes generated by the OS.
PLEASE NOTE:  I am unsure how this will work on Win 8 OS, as I have only installed it on my Win 7 Pro machines (I don't have iClone on my puker with with Win8). I also make no promises as to whether this will help you, as I am not privy to everyone's rig, so this is a TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK type of thing.
I would suggest creating a restore point prior to making these changes, so that if you encounter a problem, you can easily use the OS' system restore feature to return your OS to its original state prior to the use of the toolkit.

By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
I do not know if this has already been mentioned but when you save a "motionplus" animation owned a character "IC5" in software "IC6", you can load it with a character "IC6" only and not at all with character "IC5."
By Lawsuit Pending Records - 9 Years Ago
** This was in reply to missing teeth on G5 characters not sure if its changing face that does it with mine since if I don't make characters talk the teeth remain it is adding audio files 

I am getting same here. Got a cowboy who looks like a steak, egg and chips man who has to suck custard through a straw to get his sustenance. I found if I select the character and reload it the teeth come back but you have to render it right there and then, if you save and come back to project later you have to repeat the process again.  
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
Couple little bugs I stumbled across today.

The volume sliders, just to the right of the playback controls, that are for "speech" and "music" are not separate controls as they are meant to be. Both voice and music volume is controlled by the voice slider, and nothing is controlled by the music slider.

When I select "Body Part" in the Edit Motion Layer, close and reopen the panel, it switches back to "Full Body" (expected behavior) but leaves the "Body Part" radio button checked.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e0dd5339-702f-4177-8275-9eb5.jpg
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
I'm not 100% sure but I think it is the "Sky Tool" that prevents the proper functioning of the "undo"
I just discovered some undesirable behavior:

I have a custom terrain with high resolution textures (2048x2048). If I manipulate the texture setting, such as changing the Hue, iClone replaces the adjusted texture with one of minuscule size: 128x128, which looks all blurry. I thought my eyesight went bad!

As I said, this is undesirable. iClone should keep the original size. The workaround is using an external editor, but making changes in iClone is convenient because of the real-time feedback.

I just checked, and fortunately this seems to be for terrain textures only. Also, it works correctly in iClone 5.
I came across a render bug.

I have a scene with grass. When rendering to JPG, all looks fine:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/832077f6-5229-4091-af28-e2b6.jpg

However, when rendering to PNG, the grass is all whitish as if it is alpha only:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/90532619-a0e3-4ba2-b454-3e46.png

I have no idea what is the cause of this. I know we had PNG issues in the past, but this is the first time I encounter any since then.

Also, I have not been able to replicate this in a simpler project, so it must be something in this project, although I wouldn't know what.

Now what is interesting and points to something related to Alpha is that when I load the images in Virtualdub (http://www.virtualdub.org/) the grass shows up correctly. This is similar to the terrain mask image, which will not show up correctly in most graphic editors, but will show correctly in Virtualdub. I have no idea why!

Anyway, this provides a workaround: render to PNG and then use Virtualdub to render to a corrected PNG image sequence.
Lawsuit Pending Records (5/23/2015)
** This was in reply to missing teeth on G5 characters not sure if its changing face that does it with mine since if I don't make characters talk the teeth remain it is adding audio files 

I am getting same here. Got a cowboy who looks like a steak, egg and chips man who has to suck custard through a straw to get his sustenance. I found if I select the character and reload it the teeth come back but you have to render it right there and then, if you save and come back to project later you have to repeat the process again.  

One weird way to get the teeth back is to select the character and then select Facial Features in the modify panel, so that the Facial Features window is open. If there is more than one character, you need to have them present in the timeline window and select them one by one while the Facial Features window is open.

I can simplify this: nobody's bug or issue is more important than another's...Angry So we won't forget about mirrors...Smooooth
By primaveranz - 9 Years Ago
Don't know if it has been mentioned before but the "Object Related Track" toggle doesn't seem to stay switched on when you click on another track. Or is there a trick to using it?
I'm having serious doubts whether iC6 can be used as a work tool. I'm sure the guys and girls at RL are doing their best to resolve issues. My problem is how do you quote on a job (Cost and time schedule) when something that would normally take 5 hours ends up taking 3 days.to complete one scene. Constant crashing but no rational reason since you can load up a heavy project and get thru then load up a 100000 poly scene and lose it time and time again. Undo goes on holidays frequently, teeth issues which can appear or rather disappear on load  as you hit render button. I have noticed some of the software on this computer utilises up to 10 times the processing power that iC6 uses so its not even using the available resources before keeling over. I have 2 music videos that need finishing first is almost complete but I don't think I can even consider starting second clip in this software in it's current state. Okay I've had my vent, I don't mind 20 hour days but as long as they are productive ..... this is not 
Lawsuit, I'm sorry you are having some much trouble.

I have been using iClone 6 quite productively with overall very few crashes. I did update my video card to a GTX 980 and that has helped overall stability. Other than that my system is several years old and holds up well.
By prabhatM - 9 Years Ago
Lawsuit Pending Records (5/28/2015)
I'm having serious doubts whether iC6 can be used as a work tool. I'm sure the guys and girls at RL are doing their best to resolve issues. My problem is how do you quote on a job (Cost and time schedule) when something that would normally take 5 hours ends up taking 3 days.to complete one scene. Constant crashing but no rational reason since you can load up a heavy project and get thru then load up a 100000 poly scene and lose it time and time again. Undo goes on holidays frequently, teeth issues which can appear or rather disappear on load  as you hit render button. I have noticed some of the software on this computer utilises up to 10 times the processing power that iC6 uses so its not even using the available resources before keeling over. I have 2 music videos that need finishing first is almost complete but I don't think I can even consider starting second clip in this software in it's current state. Okay I've had my vent, I don't mind 20 hour days but as long as they are productive ..... this is not 

You can call me a fence sitter. I want to use iclone, but I can not for this very reason that you are never sure if you can successfully deliver your project meeting the tight deadline. There is always an uncomfortable feeling about its stability.

How many sequential copies one must keep as backup?
 When will it just stop opening the project?
How many parts one must break a scene into for successful completion ?

Nobody has answered  these questions in a definite manner. Only vague answer we have -Rome is not built in a day.

I am sure it will improve. I guess you need to keep extra margin when you plan your project. If it is a professional commitment, you have to be even extra careful.

Icone is definitely a great tool. It is just that you have to plan your life keeping its strength and weaknesses in mind.

By planetstardragon - 9 Years Ago
you can,  i have...you just have to adjust your workflow to not be fragile to the quirks.   like for videos,  i only make 2-3 second segments -  bite size enough to be an edit in the video / movie -  works great for me that way ....but if I tried to do a minute segment -  it would be risky.     Good videos and movies have many edits,  there is no need to make long segments - long segments are a convenience,  not a necessity.  
planetstardragon (5/29/2015)
you can,  i have...you just have to adjust your workflow to not be fragile to the quirks.   like for videos,  i only make 2-3 second segments -  bite size enough to be an edit in the video / movie -  works great for me that way ....but if I tried to do a minute segment -  it would be risky.     Good videos and movies have many edits,  there is no need to make long segments - long segments are a convenience,  not a necessity.  

Perhaps close to 100 segments for a 3 minute music video and 3 backups each because you never sure if a particular copy will reopen or not.
Nice.
But then one does not have a choice !
I wonder what should be the strategy fof a 45 minutes story based episode ! How many segments one must break a dialogue into !!!

Moral of my comment:
The show must go on. 

"I'll make some coffee guys,  it's going to be a long night"

prabhatM (5/29/2015)
[quote]
I wonder what should be the strategy fof a 45 minutes story based episode ! How many segments one must break a dialogue into !!!

Storyboarding.   I usually use those short segments for more than one shot,  so it's really not that bad -  it's faster than you think....Just add your camera angles to your storyboard....basically in concept,  you are editing your movie at the story board level   Since I just wing it for music videos,  I just feel it shot by shot and focus more on the cinematography and lighting for each shot -  works out nice actually because you can adjust the lighting per shot. ( as opposed to spending more time trying to light the entire scene correctly when you pan to a new angle )

I said possible,  i didn't say fun and easy. I also call it work. lol
Sometimes I wonder why is it so difficult to give a warning to a user that he is about to cross the threshold?

If it's the numer of polygons, then the programme would know what is the average number of polygons the user is loading per character or object. The system can always warn the user  that he is about to cross the last 15% limit.

If it is about the lack of system resources, then it is even easier to give warning before one crosses the threshold!

But if it is about the bad array management, then a good programmer must take a fresh look. It is quite embarassing that so much unpredictability has been associated with such a beautiful programme.

Somebody somewhere is just burying his head in the sand and refusing to acknowledge and take a hard look at the issue.
i can appreciate that .....you can either look at it that way.....or say thank you everytime iclone offers to restore your file after a crash.  I know I do! it's given me some of my confidence back! . 

when testing software you look for what you can't do.
When working on a project you focus on what you can and should do to get it done as efficiently as possible.
prabhatM (5/29/2015)
[quote]

Storyboarding.   I usually use those short segments for more than one shot,  so it's really not that bad -  it's faster than you think....Just add your camera angles to your storyboard....basically in concept,  you are editing your movie at the story board level   Since I just wing it for music videos,  I just feel it shot by shot and focus more on the cinematography and lighting for each shot -  works out nice actually because you can adjust the lighting per shot. ( as opposed to spending more time trying to light the entire scene correctly when you pan to a new angle )

I said possible,  i didn't say fun and easy. I also call it work. lol

When a real paying client comes up, this workflow will go heywire as you would be hard pressed to meet the deadline.

well yeah,  movies go over budget all the time......the point is they get done.   how many big movies haven't said "We ended up having to _____ because the __________ and we needed to keep filming"    I think lord of the rings had a few of those moments where they had to green screen some shots CG because the location wasn't available.

Prabbhat,   if you have a chance of making a big movie in hollywood,  do it ..even if you have to do it 1 frame at a time,  fence sitting isn't a paid job,  you need to eat bro!  
i can appreciate that .....you can either look at it that way.....or say thank you everytime iclone offers to restore your file after a crash.  I know I do! it's given me some of my confidence back! . 

when testing software you look for what you can't do.
When working on a project you focus on what you can and should do to get it done as efficiently as possible.

When PSD says he got some of his confidence back after the RESTORE feature, one can understand the average user's plight.

Looks like RESTORE has become iclone's star featurr!
yeah,  iclone 5 would dependably crash every approximate 10 seconds to 20 seconds worth of keyframing -  today I'm happy to say I have a small collection of files just waiting for a nice smooth tool to make them look more professional.    I want to be happy and excited,  not tired of obstacles and upset.    we gonna win,  even if we have to go frame by frame!  Patience is when you do something else,  while you wait for the first thing to get better!
work on the movie poster and storyboard!! lol  w00t    it's not like you were going to finish a block buster in 3 months anyways! Much to do! Chop Chop!!
yeah,  iclone 5 would dependably crash every approximate 10 seconds to 20 seconds worth of keyframing -  today I'm happy to say I have a small collection of files just waiting for a nice smooth tool to make them look more professional.    I want to be happy and excited,  not tired of obstacles and upset.    we gonna win,  even if we have to go frame by frame!  Patience is when you do something else,  while you wait for the first thing to get better!
work on the movie poster and storyboard!! lol  w00t    it's not like you were going to finish a block buster in 3 months anyways! Much to do! Chop Chop!!

You must do a market study. How many episodes one must do in 3 months to stay afloat. 

With that kind of mindset I wonder if any producer would entrust a job at all!

What kind of money you expect a man to make with this attitude?

How about a one hour telefilm in 3 months?
well do the math,  one person does nothing and complains,  the other gets the job done with whatever is available.
I guess it's just me or I'm just lucky, but my workflow in iClone 6 is not that different from what I did in iClone 5 or earlier. Meaning that my segments are definitely longer that a few seconds. The one thing that doesn't work for me is Indigo, unfortunately, but that's OK.
well do the math,  one person does nothing and complains,  the other gets the job done with whatever is available.

One person takes few hours/weeks to evaluate, another takes few months / years to realize.
Let's not go there.
My tools are fine my issue is currently the behaviour of iC6. I started at 7 am and I am still battling its 3 pm. If I thought it was my computer then it would be solved. I just opened as a test Black Magic, Fusion, Foundry Nuke, Carrara 8.5, Daz Sony Vegas  and Resolve all at once  and can utilise each one of them ...... Can even fire up iC5 and load a project. this is not common practice and usually I only have iClone open perhaps if editing a diffuse I might have Photoshop open I like using iClone it is my preferred software I occasionally get the driver error in iC6 but majority of the time it is a windows close. If I open the task manager iC6 unless I load it to the hilt the card or memory/card is virtually on idle. There also appears to be no real reason you can load a reasonably heavy project work for an hour or two render it, very nice  then start a project it can crash before you even set you set size. I had a render fail last night 0.00 sec come out at 359 mb should have been 40 -80 mb it looped a segment over and over till it crashed I'm not having any issues with any of the other programs on this computer. Thank god for restore that's all I can say 
Your right it's not a blockbuster movie its a music video as part of a prize given away in a competition held by a legendary UK Producer and the track is mixed by him, so it is in my best interest to get the job done like in the next few days since I have lost so much time already. When it does work I am actually happy enough with result but this is like climbing Mt Everest in a wheelchair

i ran iclone 6 through compatibility mode,  I think it turned my aero effects off and possibly other changes ....it does seem to help.  i do remember having more issues before i did that.
I evaluated most of the game engines with support for dx11 and physix. None of them demand as much resource as iclone. So I always wondered.

May be you should check your computer specs with our friends here.

One  thing I have noticed over the years. Things always go wrong whenever you want them to be right- perhaps Indian superstition!
prabhatM (5/29/2015)

One person takes few hours/weeks to evaluate, another takes few months / years to realize.
Let's not go there.

you've been here a wee bit longer than a few hours.  eventually you will have to accept that iclone is not stopping you from making movies.
prabhatM (5/29/2015)

Let's not go there.

you've been here a wee bit longer than a few hours.  eventually you will have to accept that iclone is not stopping you from making movies.

Things are not very different ftom my early evaluation. I sincerely hope iclone 6.5's star feature is STABILITY.
Yes, I was hoping icone6 to be stable as it was supposed to be reprogrammed from the scratch. But it did not happen. It inherited many of the old issues of iclone5.
Let me admit. I actually waited for iclone to stabilise. I invested the time in writing stories, doing characters while hoping the next version of iclone to be stable.
One can work with less features. But it becomes difficult if the product is unstable.

Recently I had to change my execution plan.

It'S not that I have lost interest in Iclone. I will be watching the development carefully. And periodic feedback from the users likd this is quite helpful.
It's not polygon count I am sure of that in iC5.5 I pushed it to the limit on a job using computer with half the specs I am on now it was a Australian road train scene the truck itself was 950'000 poly count and I built the scene around that cut a render and it lives on to this very day. I can load a project and get right up in poly count in iC6 and do the task. I can start a new project and get to less than 100'000 and it dies so it's just unpredictable. You are right it is a beautiful program and that is why I'm sticking with it. I guess I   just wait it out until fixed perhaps revert back to iC5 for a while because I ain't starting the second clip in it that's for sure ...... Life's too short
prabhatM (5/29/2015)
Sometimes I wonder why is it so difficult to give a warning to a user that he is about to cross the threshold?

If it's the numer of polygons, then the programme would know what is the average number of polygons the user is loading per character or object. The system can always warn the user  that he is about to cross the last 15% limit.

If it is about the lack of system resources, then it is even easier to give warning before one crosses the threshold!

But if it is about the bad array management, then a good programmer must take a fresh look. It is quite embarassing that so much unpredictability has been associated with such a beautiful programme.

Somebody somewhere is just burying his head in the sand and refusing to acknowledge and take a hard look at the issue.

try that compatibility mode check in windows I suggested,   it has made iclone much more stable for me.