Make the internal fps MATCH the render imaged

Posted By hattori kun 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Make the internal fps MATCH the image render fps.
For example
With project settings of 2400 fps it should render 2400 images/png, etc(multilayered exrs request)
Currently it renders only half. Always half of 60fps which I assume is the internal fps in Iclone.
I think this is problematic when creating animations and trying to adhere to a lot of variables outside of Iclone.

We can adjust the fps of avi(though I haven't checked if the output is correct,too)
But I don't use avi as a final output, always image sequence for editing in post.
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

+1 For this request, the current system isn't ideal for those wanting to work at other frame rates even though other frame rates can be set. I prefer to work in 24p, so when I'm using the timeline it's expected that the format displayed matches that of the project.

Example, a 24p project should be displayed in H:M:S:F format and the counter should run at 24 frames per second. It would be cool to be able to set these things in the project settings and perhaps be able to change the display format as an option in the timeline.

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I'm not against this, but I would like this to be a user option, as I prefer the internal frame rate to remain at 60 fps.

One reason is compatibility with existing projects, because where would keyframes end up, for example, if the internal frame rate is adjusted.

Another reason is that motion clips most likely have a fixed frame rate of 60 fps, so changing the internal frame rate would require interpolation on the fly rather than it render time. This may cause some performance issues in preview.

Other than that: go for it!

EDIT: BTW, it has been promised that the frame rate will be made adjustable for image sequences in the next patch. This option was removed in error.... I also work almost exclusively with image sequences but 30 fps is OK for me.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
9 Years Ago by animagic
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

I think I phrased this backwards.

Make the rendered image fps match the project setting fps(60) so that the images rendered saved to hd are not half of the actual frames in the project settings.

I think this is a bug anyway. Project settings 1000 frames but Iclone renders it by nth frame=2, kipping every frame so you only get 500 files.
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

As has been explained elsewhere, this is not a bug, but by design. Internally, frames are spaced at 60 fps.

I am not against having an OPTION for the user to make rendered and timeline frame rate the same, but it should be an option.

There is a number of reasons why I find it impractical. I have many projects that include a combination of clips and keyframes. The keyframes are placed on a 60 fps grid, so I would not want to change that.

However, I should be able to render the project to any frame rate. Currently (at least for AVI and image sequences), the same project can be used for a 30 fps, 25 fps, or a 24 fps cinematic version even. Or for special effects I can render at 15fps or even 60 fps (IC5 only right now).

So my suggestion is, make it an option for those who want timeline and render frame rate coupled, but keep the current situation as an option for those who prefer that.

Edited
9 Years Ago by animagic
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think you misunderstand the request.
The number of images rendered has nothing to do with the final fps in reality.
You adjust the framerate in the app your comping your files into like aftereffects, etc. If you rendered 300 frames it doesn't mean it is strictly 30fps. You can use it in any other fps you chose.

The big issue for people who render in frames is the project keyframe doesn''t match the images rendered.
Its unheard of to animate in any app to have a set timeline and have a different number of frames rendered. Unless you render in nth frame which is not done at all for finals.
How would you work on a project with 100 frames and then in frame 30 the director specifically says you hit a pose or this light comes out? You render it out in frames and discover that frame 30 is NOT that pose because Iclone rendered in nth frame.

I know some guys don't usually render to images and have not had this issue because they render to avi. Render to avi doesn't have this issue because it already tries to adjust itself to the time and duration rather than the frame.
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Btw the request to match rendered images to the number of keyframe in project settings doesn't affect any motion data or animation data or the internal fps in Iclone. Nothing to worry about there. Its simply rendering out the images according to the number of keyframe set in the project setting. It won't affect render to avi either. Its just 1 is to 1 match when Iclone is rendering each keyframe in the project timeline.
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I always render to image sequences. If I export at 30 fps, I get 30 frames for one second. So I guess I don't really see what the problem is. When I import into Vegas it is interpreted at 30 fps because that's what I tell it is.

I'm trying to understand, really...Unsure

OK, let me see if I understand your scenario.

Say, your project length is 500 and you have 25 fps, so your project length is 20 seconds. The timeline would need to be adjusted accordingly, so it would show 25 frames for each second. Yu would then have "25" at time 1:00, "50" at time 2:00, etc. Is that they idea? 

hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The wording and title needs to change BigGrin Really sorry about that its become confusing.
I don't wan't to mess up the internal fps of Iclone or self adjusting timeline, that's a lot of work for RL and will break legacy stuff.
I want a 1 is to 1 match of the project settings with whatever will be rendered on the hardrive. Just like moving the timeline frame by frame and pressing printscreen BigGrin

Here's the issue.
Iclone renders only half of whatever is set on the project setting length.

Screengrabs explanation
1. Set length to 300 frames.

2. Character with frame 0 to 30 keys with a hold key at 30 so he won't move. At frame 31 he starts to reach up to frame 45 where he stops reaching.

3. Render it to frames images to harddisk. Fps doesn't matter here either when dealing with images. It shouldn't. It should just render whatever is on the timeline 1 is to 1 match.

4. Check the images. Instead of the hold keys from 0-30, the hold key is from 0-15. Instead of moving from 31-45, he moves from 16-23(no 22.5 ofcourse)
Iclone is basically rendering in nth frame=2.

Again this has nothing to do with Iclone fps. I can work with 300 frames and animate in 15 or 24 or 30,etc fps but what I key in the timeline should be the exact thing rendered into images. Or else the timeline is not accurate and incorrectly used.

This is considered a bug imo. Maybe there's a way to let Iclone render it exactly as the number of frames in the timeline I just don't know it yet. If there is that would be great to know.

Edited
9 Years Ago by hattori kun
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Now try to get a 25FPS animation of the duration "20 sec" or "500 RENDERED frames" from ICLONE.

Set a PROJECT for that.

Please discuss after rendering.
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM

Reading This Topic