Profile Picture

How to import previous iClone version contents into iClone 6?

Posted By Visconti 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to import previous iClone version contents into iClone 6?

Author
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Robert, first of all congratulations on your new system! I have one planned, but that's what it is: planned. I think you will have no problem at all.

Having some experience with iClone 6 before it was released, I can say that the final release installed quite smoothly for me. I don't know if you have Indigo, because in that case there are a few extra steps.

The big advantage of having a fresh new system is that it is not all cluttered with things that cause incompatibilities.

My iClone 6 is fully functional, but I just found out that the new Sky tool with Substance slows it down to a crawl...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

charleshoover885
charleshoover885
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I feel the same way. If they convert to the autoinstaller I will not purchase any more content.

I have the same problem.

I have purchased, downloaded, and installed tons of content using the conventional "download" option. The autoinstaller fails every time by not being able to connect.

Charles
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
it could simply be their servers getting slammed with downloads at the moment.

jann
jann
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Just installed "Total Plants - Biosphere Collection" in iClone6 (using Content Downloader). Seems that i only got "broadleaves" and everything else missing?? Ermm

How can i get rest of the plants??
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
animagic (12/20/2014)
Robert, first of all congratulations on your new system! I have one planned, but that's what it is: planned. I think you will have no problem at all.

Having some experience with iClone 6 before it was released, I can say that the final release installed quite smoothly for me. I don't know if you have Indigo, because in that case there are a few extra steps.

The big advantage of having a fresh new system is that it is not all cluttered with things that cause incompatibilities.

My iClone 6 is fully functional, but I just found out that the new Sky tool with Substance slows it down to a crawl...

Hi Job (I guess that's your name, right ? I read some answers to you using it),

thanks: the PC has been also planned for long time... for 1 year I would say... IC6 was the final push to go and buy it! ...probably supported by the fact that I was confirmed to play also for 2015 in the hotel where I played this year which means extra-money) and that I was able to sell some music instruments that I do not use any more.
But still the negotiation with the wife was delicate... I had to plan a good strategy to let her digest this expense BigGrin
I also got the Indigo plug in and I read (and saved) your useful answer showing the sequence of steps for a clean installation.
I feel RL often miss this point: to give the right procedure to install things.... Ermm

The fact that you say that IC6 is running smoothly are surely great news.
I really hope I can say the same. Wink

Anyway, I will get the "beast" and install IC6 + everything else (which really means "everything"... a lot of SW) after XMAS.
Till then, I wish you a Merry XMAS and a lot of fun with IC6.

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
10 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
jann
jann
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Content Downloader installed "City Elements - Suburban Streets Vol.1" twice! This is quite annoying. How can i get rid of all the dobbles?
jann
jann
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

theschemer (12/19/2014)
Motion Montage Volume 2
Network Error: Download Failed. (Error Code:202)
Please check your internet connection and try again.

Retry Close

This is persistent and won't download while others do.
TS

I have the same issue.

Most of the other content packs are loading/installing without problems, but Motion Montage 2 gives an error message.

What to do?
Edited
10 Years Ago by jann
jann
jann
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

jann (12/21/2014)
theschemer (12/19/2014)
Motion Montage Volume 2
Network Error: Download Failed. (Error Code:202)
Please check your internet connection and try again.

Retry Close

This is persistent and won't download while others do.
TS

I have the same issue.

Most of the other content packs are loading/installing without problems, but Motion Montage 2 gives an error message.

What to do?

Urban Eyewear Volume 1 gives the same error message! Angry
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I used this new download thingamajobbie to download Toon Maker and Toon Maker 2, but am I correct there's no way to download and install the the plugin used to control these toon characters via this new download feature?
redrubyslippers
redrubyslippers
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Perhaps this is why rl recommended that we keep ic5 installed and run the two together...I say for the majority RL what have you done to us. The software clearly isnt ready in its fullest sense with so many people having problems I see planetstardragon saying wait for patches,,,, christ sake man it should run fairly well without those from the off ,yes for some it runs, no backwards compatability for early content,crashes a lot under load, peoples expectations of indigo far greater than it can easily do,some are defending it like planetardragon,some are being quiet like warlord and swoopie ,bet the backroom boys at rl are worried right now.. Make or break.maybe ,it's close to Christmas so things will grind to a halt for support ...merry Christmas icloners RL managed to sell you a bit of a TURKEY ... Me, I got it to run eventually but I'm not happy either.. I truly think I've just wasted my money ,its like Christmas day and you open the toy you always wanted , only to find its broken and they have run out of them at the store...sorry if you don't like this but I'm entitled to my two cents worth.and this is what I feel

RRS
Edited
10 Years Ago by redrubyslippers

Reading This Topic