Profile Picture

How to import previous iClone version contents into iClone 6?

Posted By Visconti 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to import previous iClone version contents into iClone 6?

Author
Visconti
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
There are 4 ways that you can import previous iClone version contents into iClone 6.
Check out how it works below.
http://faq.reallusion.com/index.php?action=article&cat_id=011001007002&id=716&lang==

In method 4, Reallusion introduces a new pilot Content Downloader for all content lovers. By adopting the new universal file format (.rld/.rlcontent), you may now get any content whether from the Content Store or the Marketplace. We keep your purchased content online to let you be able to check and manage them anytime. With the Instant Content update feature in the near future, you will receive instant notifications whenever your purchased contents have been officially updated; allowing you to always enjoy the latest content on time!

This method is still in Beta test, if this method can't work in your case, please revert to other methods.
If you can't see any content in this folder, please register your iClone 6 serial number in your member page or log in your member info inside iClone 6.
So, the order history of the content packs will be recognized to display your purchased items.

Visconti
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
So when and how does the Not Installed folder get populated? I have a lot of IC5 content, but there is nothing in the Not Installed folder.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
My Not Installed folder is populated. Problem I found is that when I installed the "12 UtilityVehicles" that does not have the RLD downloader, and I download and install it by checking the IClone 6 box, it remains in the "Not Installed" list in the content manager even after restarting IClone 6.
TS
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Motion Montage Volume 2
Network Error: Download Failed. (Error Code:202)
Please check your internet connection and try again.

Retry Close

This is persistent and won't download while others do.
TS
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I see where the items with VNS files do not get properly copied into IC6 when I view the logs, of which I save every one for future reference. Too bad the logs are not named to reflect the content name of the pack but I guess I can do that later. The packs that do not get properly installed even when they have the RLD content installer working, do not get removed from the content manager Not Installed List. That is good. Wink
TS
kwistufa
kwistufa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I'm having issues too....
I have download & installed stuff from my Marketplace Inventory, and also Member Page. 'Some' of the Props/Avatars etc show up in I6, some show up in the 'Not installed' (& won't install) though I download & installed them y'day...(??)
Others show the Folder but when you Double click on the Folder, ie: 'Walk' 'run'.. There is Nothing in the folder.... (?)
The Majority of the stuff in the recent 'Black Friday' deal won't run in my I6. Sad

In other matters, I love the new look & feel.
Tok39Larraby
Tok39Larraby
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)

Really!?!

I've just downloaded and installed the much anticipated IC6 opened it up and want to get busy and play with my existing content to see 'the differences' ... and I'm immediately disappointed.

I have a very large library and I am seeing a chunk of it appear in the not-installed window....

and the best you can do is advise me to either re-download and install all the content semi-manually or, as a kind of after-thought, take a 'non-recommended' path of cutting and pasting between my iclone 5, directory structure into the iclone 6 directory structure?

.. and yes, I did see the link to a third party util. ... but really?

Granted, I can understand the advice to NOT just pick up the root of your IC5 directory and copy it in... but I would have thought that an interactive content migration tool (that operates directly on your local content) wouldn't have been too much of a distraction, or effort, to your main game with this product launch. It would have saved, what I imagine must be the collective grumble (nay rumble), your IC5 user-base must surely be making at the moment.

Oh my God! ... This is going to take me hours!

Grumble grumble grumble...

(and great! I like the idea of moving over to a Daz style downloader linked to an inventory on both marketplace and RA store .. Really, I do!)

EDIT:

Ok.. Perhaps a little quick on the trigger with that one. ... I'm used to poser and being able to point to different runtime libraries at a whim.

... One ginormous cut'n'past job currently running at the moment. ... Not sure what stuff transferred won't work when all is said and done (and therefore forever likely to hog disk for the ever after) .. but I'm hitting 'no' when prompted to 'overcopy' .. and praying like hell for the best when my IC5 library is moved into place.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.. I've been looking forward to IC's debut for sooooo very long.

... Right now I feel like a kid that's been told he cannot go out to play until he's put away all his (old) toys!
Edited
10 Years Ago by Tok39Larraby
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
theschemer (12/19/2014)
Motion Montage Volume 2
Network Error: Download Failed. (Error Code:202)
Please check your internet connection and try again.

Retry Close

This is persistent and won't download while others do.
TS

I had a simular problem and found that my firewall needed updated for iC6. Crazy

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

rampart
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
RL needs to build a batch tool for migration.

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampart
rgathje
rgathje
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

If they are switching to the rld format, I won't be buying anymore content. It doesn't work on my PC. I click on run and I get the box to open or save. I click on open and it tells me it can't connect to the internet. I have a problem ticket into tech support but haven't gotten a reply. I am connected to the internet or I couldn't get to Reallusions site. I don't have a problem with the download option but I can't do the run option.

Reading This Topic