Profile Picture

[MOVED] MAKE YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR CTA 2 NOW!!!

Posted By jarronn 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
INTRODUCTION:

If you have any important suggestions for making CTA 2 the best it can possibly be DON'T BE SHY!!

MAKE THEM NOW WHILE CTA 2 IS IN THE DEVELOPMENT STAGE!!!

DON'T WAIT UNTIL IT IS ALREADY RELEASED

FROM SUPPORT:

Hi Jarron,

Thanks for your feedback.

Your suggestions are highly appreciated and will help us to enhance the product.
I will pass them to our developers.

You can adjust the left foot using the Body Key Editor (Body tab).

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
Jana
Technical Support
Reallusion Inc.

MY RESPONSE:

My suggestions will most certainly make CTA Pro 2 ROCK!!!! I'm really looking forward to an AWESOME UPGRADE!!! You have my money as soon as you guys are ready!!!

MAKE IT AWESOME!!!!!!

Look, I'll be honest. It seems I came along at JUST THE RIGHT TIME to help you guys make CTA Pro 2 TOTALLY AWESOME!!! My suggestions are RIGHT ON TIME. So I say PLEASE take them to heart and fix these annoying problems.

Thanks

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Many of your answers can be found by reading the product manual.

The online manual and the online help are NOT the same thing

jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Dear Jarron,

Thanks for your reply.

In CrazyTalk Animator each character must have the correct front or side pose applied. If it is Front Image then you must switch to the Front Pose, if it is a Side Image then you must switch to the Side Pose

Please refer to CrazyTalk Animator online help as below to know how to adjust, first you may check your character is front or side post then adjust it

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/Animator/help/animator/pro/03_Actor/Customing_Your_Actor_With_Actor_Composer/Creating_Character_for_Front_and_Side_Motions.htm

Further Body Adjustments

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/animator/help/animator/pro/03_Actor/Customing_Your_Actor_With_Actor_Composer/Further_Adjustment_for_the_Body.htm

Since your character is in Side Pose you should only apply Side motions. In your case you can adjust the left foot using the Body Key Editor (Body tab).

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Jana
Technical Support
Reallusion Inc.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

NOTE: I went to the hassle of creating a special version of a video I created just to show support the problem of the painful foot twist I was experiencing with CTA Pro:

http://youtu.be/Pvr-ERzDF_U

TO SUPPORT:

Okay, I discovered a workable solution to this painful twist of the left-foot of a character when switching from a front to a side puppet motion:

The problem was I was extending the front of the puppet clip TOO LONG and that made for a painfully long twist of the left foot before it would snap into the new position.

The solution is to make that transition as short as possible by only extending the front of the puppet clip as little as possible. Then the foot transitions much more quickly BUT NOT INSTANTLY! It happens so fast that I barely notice the painful foot twist. That's a workable solution for now, but I hope you will address and fix this problem in CTA Pro 2 because it can be very annoying.

Thanks

jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

TO SUPPORT:

MY CHIEF CONCERN is how this problem will translate to a character I create of myself from photos. It seems to me I am going to have real problems with this when I reach that point, no?

My guess is that I must have at least two of me. One in a front pose and one in a side pose. Whenever I want to make myself do any side pose movements I switch to the side pose 'me' that was kept invisible.

After all, the front pose me is going to be mostly for talking and singing. The side pose will be for silly actions that usually will not require much talk

Edited
11 Years Ago by jarronn
jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Nice for them to tell me what I had to figure out on my own AFTER I figure it out, right?

FROM SUPPORT:

Dear Jarron,

Thanks for your feedback.

Of course you can shorten the transition to make the effect less visible or apply a front and a side character.
But you can also simply use the Body Key Editor and rotate the left foot to the correct position.

As I mentioned previously, I will pass on your feedback so thank you for sharing your views.

Please do contact us again if you have further questions.

Best Regards
Jana
Technical Support
Reallusion Inc.

jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

MY RESPONSE:

Well, the thing is the left foot SHOULD rotate at the angle a left foot would rotate in such a situation. It should not bend up in a ridiculous painful UNNATURAL position then snap the way it does. This is something that should be fixed and I sincerely hope you will fix the problem as I am looking forward to purchasing CTA Pro 2 and having these problems solved.

What CTA Pro needs is when you create ANY character from photos you create a front and side pose at the time of creation so that whenever your character switches to a side pose all the sprite parts are already in place for the switch and it becomes more natural looking. I'm not ready for that phase of animation yet, but I am getting close, very close.

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
There are multiple threads with multiple suggestions already...
jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wizaerd (9/17/2013)

Well, that does not necessarily mean the suggestions have reached the core support team. I'm talking about going directly to the source to make your suggestions:

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

You blindly assume that suggestions made in this forum automatically are picked up by the core support team. I don't make such blind assumptions.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE CERTAIN YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE CONSIDERED I SUGGEST YOU GO TO THE SOURCE WITH LINKS TO THOSE TOPIC THREADS AND GIVE THEM THE LINKS.

I'm learning more and more that to blindly trust often leads to incredible disappointment. Just yesterday...well...I won't get into that....

Edited
11 Years Ago by jarronn
vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Well, that does not necessarily mean the suggestions have reached the core support team. I'm talking about going directly to the source to make your suggestions:

I'm a long time User here , therefore I know RL read this forum and makes all our wishes true. For me the Best Company with the ear on the Community.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
jarronn (9/17/2013)
wizaerd (9/17/2013)

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

You blindly assume that suggestions made in this forum automatically are picked up by the core support team. I don't make such blind assumptions.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE CERTAIN YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE CONSIDERED I SUGGEST YOU GO TO THE SOURCE WITH LINKS TO THOSE TOPIC THREADS AND GIVE THEM THE LINKS.

I'm learning more and more that to blindly trust often leads to incredible disappointment. Just yesterday...well...I won't get into that....

Uhhh no, I don't "blindly" assume anything. But if you read those threads, you'll see responses from RL that they're read them and submitted them tot he development team.

Reading This Topic