Physics Toolbox

Posted By marcelj29 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
marcelj29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Good afternoon everyone,
I have a question about the Physics Toolbox. I have watched all of the Tutorials on the Physics Toolbox and I must be missing something, because I have been unsuccessful at getting it to work correctly. Using motor A, and the Covered wagon from City elements-Old Western Town. I was able to get the wheel to rotate in the correction direction. I attached the wheels and motor A, back onto the Covered Wagon. When I hit the play button the Covered Wagon Moves, but motor A and the Wagon wheel doesn’t move with the wagon. I am not sure what I doing wrong, does anyone have any suggestion on how I fix this problem?
colour
colour
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
IMO, since the covered wagon has 4 wheels you would need the relevant Physics tool for those & not Motor A, which is for a single Prop rotation eg; a fan or Propeller.

I'm just going to fire-up iClone & check my Physics Toolbox, to see which tool you need.

ADDED - Go to; Physics Toolbox / Structure / 07 Wheels.

See Screenshot;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
11 Years Ago by colour
marcelj29
marcelj29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)Veteran Member (658 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thank you very much. I will try that one.
Dushka
Dushka
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have the same problem trying to move a bicycle with spinning wheels. The bicycle's body moves forward, but the wheels stay spinning on the spot. The Physics Toolbox doesn't have a two-wheel motor for wheels aligned longitudinally.
colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/44607571-c4ca-4d98-be82-0a0d.jpgWelcome to the Forum.
1) Try Reallusion iPtop Bike. See Screenshot.
2) Physics Toolbox Motor A will Drive both wheels. You need to Select both.

Screenshot

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I didn't even know we had such a cool bike...Blush Learning something every day...Ermm

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
9 Years Ago by animagic
Dushka
Dushka
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)

Thanks, Tutor. Unfortunately, I am still completely stumped, and totally frustrated with Physics Toolbox. I can get the wheels of the bike iProp to rotate successfully but still cannot get the bike to move forward. If I move the bicycle along a path, the bicycle frame breaks away from the wheels and moves along the path leaving the wheels locked to the spot spinning merrily. (I can get the bicycle moving forward with rotating wheels using the Control Menu script, but that's not what I'm trying to master right now.)
But what is bothering me even more right now is that I cannot figure out how to play back any animation produced using the Physics Toolbox. The locked spinning wheels don't spin when I play back. For example, when I play back the bicycle moving along a path, the bike frame without its wheels moves forward but the wheels stop spinning.  I see a clip in the animation track on the timeline, but if one hits the Play button, nothing happens. I can get primitive blocks to rock back and forth using the 04 Motor D prop, but once again, no success playing the animation back. I have the Rigid Body Simulation turned on. When I tinker with the Project files that come with the Physics Toolbox, I can get playback to work O.K. when I fiddle with the controls there. I reckon I have forgotten to do something very basic.
Dushka
Dushka
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Ah. I have just discovered the reason for failure to play back. For anybody else struggling with the same problem, the answer is here at https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/help/iclone5/PRO/20_Physics/The_Basics_of_Rigid_Body_Simulation.htm. But it's not well-written and you will need to read every sentence carefully. Unless I am mistaken, you have to hold down the Rigid Body Simulation icon while the simulation is taking place. Also, once the simulation is complete, do not click on that icon again or you will lose what you recorded! Very strange indeed.

I am still at a complete loss as to "the bicycle problem".
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I believe what you would do is click to activate the simulation then once you're happy with the result click again to turn off the simulation. I don't think you need to "hold-down" the simulation button.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Dushka
Dushka
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you, Mark. I tried that, and you are quite right.

Reading This Topic