Roadmap for CrazyTalk Animator Pro?

Posted By johxng 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johxng
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
With the December release of Crazytalk 7 Pro, I was wondering when the roadmap for CrazyTalk Animator Pro would be available.

I would rather not purchase Crazytalk 7 Pro only to find that its features are included in the next revision of CrazyTalk Animator Pro. Wink

Any info would be appreciated!

-J

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi J,

There is currently no information regarding the upcoming features of CrazyTalk Animator 2 because it has not yet been officially announced, and development is still on-going.

What I can tell you is that the two products will remain separate. CrazyTalk 7 will continue to concentrate on talking heads only, and CrazyTalk Animator will still allow talking heads and full body animation.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

strosfan47
strosfan47
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
It is very conspicuous to me that no updates have been made available for CTA since 8/11. It also seems that, despite the promise of low-cost animation creation, that not many users of the product are out there. (I base this on low number of recent posts on this forum).

Is there really a roadmap for CTA? Or is there a legit danger that the 2D tool will be abandoned altogether?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

strosfan47 (1/11/2013)
It is very conspicuous to me that no updates have been made available for CTA since 8/11. It also seems that, despite the promise of low-cost animation creation, that not many users of the product are out there. (I base this on low number of recent posts on this forum).

Is there really a roadmap for CTA? Or is there a legit danger that the 2D tool will be abandoned altogether?

CrazyTalk Animator 2.0 is currently in development for release later this year.

It has certainly not been abandoned. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

HD13
HD13
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
good to hear that CTA is not abandoned! it is a fantastic product. The apparent low number of users might just reflect that it is not so popular among people with primary scope on personal entertainment/game like experience/some photo editing related stuff and the fact that it does have a learning curve and user needs to create content for use in CTA, which is time consuming, but essential for custom animations.

Btw. will 2.0 have a Mac version?

Smile
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

unique (1/15/2013)

Btw. will 2.0 have a Mac version?

Yes a Mac version of CTA2 is planned. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Panzerkampfwagen
Panzerkampfwagen
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

I'll give my two pence why there are a low number of users down there. Unlike many companies that look to reducecost/increase no.of.users, Reallusion does not seem to prefer the model.

While the stock price of the product is really affordable, one immediately gets the sense that it feels so so short when they look at the add-on packs. And even after the add-on, buy from the reallusion city.. somehow, this seems really very expensive.

My e.g.. CTA for 200$ -> Very good.

CTA Add on packs -> 300$ extra..

Reallusion city -> 30-50$ more..

In my over enthusiasm, i did buy it off for CTA.. It was kind of okay.. Only when i was thinking about Iclone.. then i realized that the hole in my pocket would be much bigger.. Reallusion can only perform animation well on already created products. Creating models from scratch is not really in there.

I am not criticising Reallusion, but i think with the current business model, not many people would stick with reallusion, and also making/animate any picture, is obviously not as simple as is shown in the demo videos.

Reallusion claims to offer a loyalty discount for regular users. Last year, i had made a purchase of around 500+$. What good is a loyalty discount if i can't use it when i want? There was a combo offer of Iclone+3DxChange, for some time. But they told me that i cant use my combo until January 2013. By that time, the original offer is gone, the christmas season also has gone and now prices have increased and combos also not available. Then, i will like to know from someone, how on earth is that loyalty discount useful?

The goal of a company should be to retain a satisfied user, year after year to upgrade their products and make a user buy their new products with full trust and satisfaction in all forms, and most importantly make him so happy that he brings new customers. I had it with a year. I don't think it is worth for me to stick around with Reallusion anymore. Goodbye.

I hope that some moderators of Reallusion are reading this email.
Edited
11 Years Ago by Panzerkampfwagen
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Personally, I think CTA has so few users because there's just not that many features to compete with other 2D animation products. It's very rigid and limited in a lot of areas. I hope CTA gets the features that truly make it a useable product, for creating a wide range of animations, that isn't a tedious PITA to use. Hopefully someday...
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Panzerkampfwagen (2/6/2013)

I hope that some moderators of Reallusion are reading this email.

Thank you for the feedback Panzerkampfwagen. We appreciate you taking the time to share your views. The points you raise will certainly be reviewed by the rest of the team. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

strosfan47
strosfan47
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)

Would Reallusion honor a free upgrade to the next version of CTA if the current version, the one rife with known rigging and support issues, was purchased now?

Reading This Topic