more formal clothing for news anchor - G5 characters

Posted By domineaux 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
domineaux
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Has anyone done any suits or clothing for the G5 characters that you would associate with TV news anchors.

Everything I have seen is very casual. Suits for guys, dresses and suites for ladies is what I'm thinking of. News anchors have to be taken more seriously by viewers, it's hard to take casually dressed people serious. Flip flops and tank tops won't fill the need.

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 23 minutes ago
There are CloneCloth suits for iClone 3 characters. You can combine those with iClone 5 heads. The wait is for CloneCloth for iClone 5. You will see more clothing options then.

Now there is of course PIX News...

Sorry about the title, children, this may not be acceptable on a family forum...Blush

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
13 Years Ago by animagic
domineaux
domineaux
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
The weather and traffic gals are always T & A.

I'm talking about news anchors - the ladies do show cleavage, and hot colors (red) dresses to accentuate the cleavage. I'm sure that is a requirement for the job. At least that looks the way of cable tv.

Anyway, guys in argyle sweaters and such doesn't cut it for men news anchors, etc. Must be the tv stations want guys to look executive and the ladies appear to be looking like they have men in mind.

This is really sad commentary. Women have so many rights, and yet that have to promote their sexuality to keep a job.

Edited
13 Years Ago by domineaux
JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
domineaux (11/16/2011)
The weather and traffic gals are always T & A.

I'm talking about news anchors - the ladies do show cleavage, and hot colors (red) dresses to accentuate the cleavage. I'm sure that is a requirement for the job. At least that looks the way of cable tv.

Anyway, guys in argyle sweaters and such doesn't cut it for men news anchors, etc. Must be the tv stations want guys to look executive and the ladies appear to be looking like they have men in mind.

This is really sad commentary. Women have so many rights, and yet that have to promote their sexuality to keep a job.

I've brought this matter up before myself. Since I work in the education field, there's a lot I can't use clothing wise because it's too suggestive. Further, in this age of authority figures engaging in very inappropriate behavior to students (or young people in general), the request for more conservative clothing is something I hope Reallusion takes seriously. Not all of us are stuck in our teen age years with brains mislocated in the southern fore region of our anatomy.

If it helps, one way I circumvent the clothing issue though not always with satisfactory results is to obtain front and back clothing patterns to scan or download from McCall or Simplicity. I color then apply to the diffuse and such to iClone characters. I select clothing that is not as you say T and A which is best for a teacher to steer clear of at all times in my book. This was further evidenced a month or so ago when my 9yr old granddaughter and siblings were visiting. Thinking the kids were with their mom at the mall, I decided to catch up on some work while the house was kid-free. Unknown to me, the kid was standing just behind my left shoulder while I was re-clothing a female character. A shadow caused me to turn around and she started giggling and asked why was I looking at "bad" girls. It was a task to explain to her I wasn't doing that. Letting her see the re-clothing process where I made 'bad' girls into "good" girls seems to have done the trick but it was darn embarrassing. And showed how right I am to be darn careful in my clothing selections. The good news is that RL artists do provide some era and other clothing suitable for classroom use but just not enough selections.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Edited
13 Years Ago by JasonWynngard
rampart
rampart
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
1+

Shaky
Shaky
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
domineaux (11/15/2011)
Has anyone done any suits or clothing for the G5 characters that you would associate with TV news anchors.

Everything I have seen is very casual. Suits for guys, dresses and suites for ladies is what I'm thinking of. News anchors have to be taken more seriously by viewers, it's hard to take casually dressed people serious. Flip flops and tank tops won't fill the need.

I am also waiting for the clothing templates for G5. I have been told that they will become available in the first quarter of next year.
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

The 3rd party developers provide a lot of choice, also in more conservative clothing. And G5 clothing is being brought out as we speak. I bought a nice set of dresses and I have also seen a few collections of men's suits. So if you want to go modest you can. Once G5 CloneCloth is released you can have a stab at it yourself, maybe even start your own line!

BTW, I don't agree with some of the things brought up here, but I don't want to start a debate.

Edited
13 Years Ago by animagic
JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
animagic (12/3/2011)
The 3rd party developers provide a lot of choice, also in more conservative clothing. And G5 clothing is being brought out as we speak. I bought a nice set ofdresses and I have also seen a few collections of men's suits. So if you want to go modest you can. Once G5 CloneCloth is released you can havea stab at it yourself, maybe even start your own line!

BTW, I don't agree with some of the things brought up here, but I don't want to start a debate.

What is said above is probably true. I haven't checked out a lot for G5 characters (yet) but there's a reason for that. I have no time for more delays in my work, I need to be able to begin and progress immediately. For me the problem has been third part6y items seem to install in locations the program doesn't automatically find them unless I spend time tweaking and directing paths. Even then iClone seems at times to forget where they are so I have to re-do or use Windows search to find and use them. Also parts like cuffs gloves, even pieces of dresses or coats don't all seem to be in one place and fits onto the character as readily as RL native stuff. This is not a put down on the 3rd party developers who I think do a very good job by and large. It's just a fact and my lack of patience or tolerance due to frequent delays I've experienced. That goes all the way back to now abandoned efforts to use Poser and DAZ runtime folder mess before realizing iClone installed and was work-ready as opposed to my having to fight the software to do basic things. So now, I have practically no patience for anything that delays my ability to just get work done. I simply don't have time to bronco ride, bull ride, calf rope or other rodeo stunts with software before I can use it.

I have some third party clothing on my computer and when I can use it without hunting it down, LOVE IT! If it would just install the way native RL content did, I'd be a better customer that's for sure. But sometimes a purchase does and sometimes a purchase doesn't and I have no more time for guess work or gambling on which is which. The fault may be entirely mine and not the developers but I only know that RL native content doesn't challenge me this way so . . . .

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well I agree that using the G3 CloneCloth in combination with 3rd party stuff is kind of a challenge, because it is delivered as materials, which you do have to chase down and know which one to apply to which CloneCloth part. Since CloneCloth is a prerequisite, DRM does not allow providing the actual clothing, which would be easier. Alley did a good tutorial about how to set it up, but that does take some time and may not be feasible when you are in a hurry.

G5 clothing is based on the standard Chuck and Gwyn so it can be delivered as complete characters. They are placed in the root template directory and are thus easy to find.

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Here is an example of what you can do with G5 clothing that is already available (Mike A's in this case). We see a few politicians and a staffer. Very proper, I think.

You can edit the textures (like I did for the gentlemen) to "suit" your needs.

The faces were done using the basic face mapping in iClone 5.

Reading This Topic