A severe lack of characters

Posted By AverageJoe 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AverageJoe
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I know one of the main points of CTA is the ability to use photos and create your own characters, but I'm not a big fan of the photo image mapping.  They look too much like photos that have been cut up, and reput together to create a very rough animation.  Sprite based characters always look the best.  But so far, all of the content sprite based characters are exaggerated cartoon characters.  What I need are more seriously oriented sprite based characters, since I have little to no graphic talent to create my own.

Service oriented occupations (postamn, delivery man, warehouse worker, etc...), office workers (but again no the exaggerated cartoon type).

Any chance of getting some content that would/could be used in a more professinal setting?

Chris George
Chris George
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I know. I agree, Ive brought all content packs and just seems disappointing and expensive for not a lot of useful contentn

peteradam6
peteradam6
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I agree, something more suited to public information and business uses. Characters that are drawn more like these characters from the classic Eric Goldberg anti-smoking ad from 1980...

Still toony, but more timeless.

| iClone 5 Pro | 3DXchange 4 Pro | popVideo Converter 2 | CrazyTalk 6 Pro | CrazyTalk Animator Pro |
Edited
13 Years Ago by peteradam6
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
peteradam6 (5/14/2011)
I agree, something more suited to public information and business uses. Characters that are drawn more like these characters from the classic Eric Goldberg anti-smoking ad from 1980...

I have the cartoon solutions to your request. If I were Reallusion, I think I would cut him a deal to port his Flash and Anime Studio designs over to CTA.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Paumanok West (5/14/2011)
peteradam6 (5/14/2011)

I have the cartoon solutions to your request. If I were Reallusion, I think I would cut him a deal to port his Flash and Anime Studio designs over to CTA.

EDIT: Oh, and guess what, he has the kind of animated special effects people have been asking for, too.

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

peteradam6 (5/14/2011)

I have some content packs from Cartoon solutions, and they are good characters, but they are not directly importable into CTA.  They will have to be taken into a separate program, broken apart into individual pieces, imported a piece at a time, and re-assembled.  Frankly, I'd rather purchase pre-made, directly importable characters and get on with movie making, which is where I'd much rather spend my time.

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wizaerd (5/14/2011)
I have some content packs from Cartoon solutions, and they are good characters, but they are not directly importable into CTA. They will have to be taken into a separate program, broken apart into individual pieces, imported a piece at a time, and re-assembled. Frankly, I'd rather purchase pre-made, directly importable characters and get on with movie making, which is where I'd much rather spend my time.

For the record, I was taking all that for granted, and trying to help you by proposing that Cartoon Solutions might well be interested in porting its characters to CTA format. Have you considered dropping them a line?

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wizaerd (5/14/2011)
I have some content packs from Cartoon solutions, and they are good characters, but they are not directly importable into CTA. They will have to be taken into a separate program, broken apart into individual pieces, imported a piece at a time, and re-assembled. Frankly, I'd rather purchase pre-made, directly importable characters and get on with movie making, which is where I'd much rather spend my time.

For the record, I was taking all that for granted, and trying to help you by proposing that Cartoon Solutions might well be interested in porting its characters to CTA format. Have you considered dropping them a line?

I had a while ago, and said they didn't have much interest in supporting an application that was little known.  Recently, they stopped supporting (officially at least) ToonBoom as well.

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wizaerd (5/14/2011)

... proposing that Cartoon Solutions might well be interested in porting its characters to CTA format. Have you considered dropping them a line?

I had a while ago, and said they didn't have much interest in supporting an application that was little known. Recently, they stopped supporting (officially at least) ToonBoom as well.

OK, then it probably wouldn't be such a big investment for Reallusion to commission him to port the characters over and then relieve him of the need to market the products himself. He's trying to make a living selling his characters--if the deal made sense, I bet he would welcome it.

I suggest that if people want this, they can lobby Reallusion, which recently boasted that it has "the biggest ears in the business" regarding requests from its customer base. (And I think the claim is justified.)

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
wizaerd (5/10/2011)
I know one of the main points of CTA is the ability to use photos and create your own characters, but I'm not a big fan of the photo image mapping.  They look too much like photos that have been cut up, and reput together to create a very rough animation.  Sprite based characters always look the best.  But so far, all of the content sprite based characters are exaggerated cartoon characters.  What I need are more seriously oriented sprite based characters, since I have little to no graphic talent to create my own.

Service oriented occupations (postamn, delivery man, warehouse worker, etc...), office workers (but again no the exaggerated cartoon type).

Any chance of getting some content that would/could be used in a more professinal setting?

Hi Wizaerd.. Your request has been passed to the CTA team for review. Thanks for the feedback.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic