collision problem

Posted By Spider Mycron 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Spider Mycron
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hello
i need help with this tutorial please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shFR0owTWTo

when i activate the collision i get no effect !
what shall i do i just created a box and turned collision on but nothing happen !

p.s: maybe iclone version is lower than the video tutorial ?

thanks for help

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi Spider

Are you adding the prop (box) to the Terrain? Just make sure you right click the prop and choose Add To Terrain. Your avatar will not walk through it then. You can find out more about this HERE.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

matthew.cownie
matthew.cownie
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/13/2011)
Hi Spider

Are you adding the prop (box) to the Terrain? Just make sure you right click the prop and choose Add To Terrain. Your avatar will not walk through it then. You can find out more about this HERE.

Hi,

I've tried both adding collision and adding to terrain and my actor still walks through a solid block.
Any ideas?

Do you have to be in director mode?

EDIT.

Doh, yes is the answer!
Edited
13 Years Ago by matthew.cownie
mjordy
mjordy
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
mathew,cownie,

Most avatars in Iclone 4 and 5 will walk through any material and/or geometry(another avatar,animal,car,etc.) one work around this is to plan the walking direction of the avatar slightly off the object(s) in the scene. Clicking on "collision" will not help right away,if it's a "must" for animation purposes to make more believable scenes,then, you have no choice but to use the "block(s),click on collision,and "add to terrain" right click command for the target object or prop.w00t

Peter's link above has the best partial solution to this animation problem.
But,and just for kicks,the only advantage you can take from this irritating issue is if you're making a movie about "ghosts" they can even walk through people,cars and walls LOLBigGrin

Iclone 4 and 5 rock!
Edited
13 Years Ago by mjordy

Reading This Topic