iClone5 Content Wishlist

Posted By Peter (RL) 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
As I'm sure most of you are aware, the next version of iClone has been under development for some time now. As work continues on the next evolution of iClone, now would be the perfect time for you to share with the iClone team your content wishlists.

Please tell us what content you want to see included with the next version of iClone. You can be as general or as specific as you want. The more information we can gather the easier it will be to make sure your needs are met when it comes to release time.

If you have ever wished for a certain item of content then now is the time to share it with us.

Don't hold back now. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Well I would like to be able to animate individual body parts on separate motion layers and (bit of a big ask this one) crazy talk type face animation for images that can be applied to any surface, so say i wanted a talking box or make Mr pose talk I could, or some form of lip movement for non standard characters like the cartoon masters set Smile

Ho yeah and be able to buy Iclone upgrades with DA points...

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin

Edited
13 Years Ago by bluemidget666
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
sometimes when I try to create new characters by mixing and matching body parts, it becomes time consuming because I have no way of telling what is g1, g2 or g3 and get the incompatible body parts error, would be nice if when I hover my mouse over the parts it has some way to identify what generation it is in the description - or some way of identifying what it is before I waste time trying to load it ...it will help me organize my library better Smile

Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thanks for asking Peter.

There have been tons of threads requesting this and requesting that.  Some people want the 3D world for a few hundred quid and others want little changes to make things a little easier.

Personally I think iClone 4.3 is pretty special already and I'm currently using it for my Project 2011.  However that's not to say software shouldn't evolve and Reallusion have been great at moving their software forward.

So what do I want?

Get rid of Director mode and Anaglyph 3D, stop trying to be everything to every man.  iClone is a 3D animation tool and such all effort should be made for this to be the main focus.

iClone needs a high end render option that would allow it to be used to produce quality that can be screened in a cinema.  I know for a fact that this has prevented commercial films being produced at that level.

Then and I’m not going to list them, all the stuff that will produce better animation.  Maybe a simple incorporated motion capture feature, rag doll physics, collision detection, etc the list goes on.

One thing I don’t want to see is the production of a range that then requires me to buy additional packs once iClone 5 has been released. i.e G5 avatars, G5 Clone cloth etc.

I’m sure others will be more specific in their wants and needs but like I said, iClone 4.3 does it for me, so I’m in no rush for iClone 5.

Just my thoughts.

Cape BigGrin

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/8/2011)
share with the iClone team your content wishlists

(1) A new generation of characters, called "G5"--with higher resolution than G3 (highres faces, too) including really smartly-stylized avatars

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic53099-87-1.aspx?Highlight=olympics *

I would also like to see G2 characters dropped as embedded content. You could offer these as free downloads.

* (Yes, I know some customers will complain about buying new content for new avatars. Let them!)

(2) I would like to see the variety of 3D Blocks really EXPLODE, and include many "organic" and asymmetrical shapes. I strongly feel that 3D Blocks should not be addons, but rather embedded.

(3) Revamped motions in Content Manager. No need to propagate all the current motions from iClone 4. Would like to see iClone ship with a "greatest hits" collection of dramatic acting sequences from across all RL content. Much less fighting, much less dancing in embedded content! Move most of those into free downloads.

(4) Flocking birds, schooling fish, and animal herds.

(5) New and better animation paths for objects and cameras

(6) Better dynamic cloth--especially if you could offer a G5 character product line (Yes, I know this is almost a functionality request)

(7) Replace the curent demo projects with new ones. Make the old projects available as free downloads.

(8) I would like to see the Wagon Horse and a customizable Wagon base as embedded content.

(9) I would like to have a large but low-res 19th-century village laid out, suitable for an aerial view. Ideally, this would be in grid sections so you could expand it as needed. This unique set/project would be useful to lots of other users for various historical/fantasy stories. If you would like more specific suggestions about this, PM me.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Edited
13 Years Ago by Paumanok West
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Always appreciated.

Just to be clear. In this particular thread we are looking for content wishlists rather than feature requests (Please feel free to share them in the Wishful Features forum though). Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Paumanok West (4/8/2011)(8) I would like to see the Wagon Horse and a customizable Wagon base as embedded content.

I would like to point out the business opportunities from this particular suggestion: if all users owned the horse and Attach-able wagon base, a large new marketplace would spring up for historical wagons to go on the wheel base:

- Carts
- Stagecoaches
- Carriages, hacks, cabs
- Artillery
- Omnibuses
- Delivery trucks and vans
- Cinderella pumpkin
- Mobile signage
- Gypsy and circus wagons

It would be desirable for the wheels to be swappable.

Note there is also an important complication: historically, wagon wheels were not perpendicular to the axle. Instead, they were "dished" at an angle to improve stability and manuverability. For similar reasons, frequently, the back wheels were larger than the front wheels. Thus, the chassis would ideally need to be able to dish the wheel angle and to accept varying wheel sizes.

This book on the subject reveals how many *different* kinds of vehicles were horse-drawn.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Edited
13 Years Ago by Paumanok West
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I think it is really nice how there are several variants of each clothing type that come with the clothing bases. Including an entire range of clothing bases (not just casual) in the regular content would go a long ways in helping beginning movie makers. This would allow a "stock" set of 20 or so characters.

I really like the idea of the "Magic suit" (thanks Apparition!) pack, where customization is a snap for newbies.

I think a collection of basic gestures is good. Things like yawn, laugh, fist in air, scratch, hold head in hands, etc. would be quite useful. These kind of gestures should be upper body movement only. People actually do stand still sometimes.

Wings and tails are currently available, but some non-horse (lizard or monkey) tails might be nice.

Facial hair that is an accessory weighted to the face bones, and eyebrows that are weighted accessories as well. Good eyebrows are currently difficult.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
@rampa, you just reminded me!!

I would love to see an iclone version of this software http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/Marvelous/

very cool, you basically load a neked character into it, and wrap new clothing on it in obj format.

not sure how feasible this is, but i figured I'd mention it.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
One BIG thing I want from Iclone 5 is for it works on my current computer as for content lots more comic style stuff like the 3D Universe content .

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin

Reading This Topic