iClone5 Content Wishlist

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic80481.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 13 Years Ago
As I'm sure most of you are aware, the next version of iClone has been under development for some time now. As work continues on the next evolution of iClone, now would be the perfect time for you to share with the iClone team your content wishlists.

Please tell us what content you want to see included with the next version of iClone. You can be as general or as specific as you want. The more information we can gather the easier it will be to make sure your needs are met when it comes to release time.

If you have ever wished for a certain item of content then now is the time to share it with us.

Don't hold back now. Smile

By bluemidget666 - 13 Years Ago
Well I would like to be able to animate individual body parts on separate motion layers and (bit of a big ask this one) crazy talk type face animation for images that can be applied to any surface, so say i wanted a talking box or make Mr pose talk I could, or some form of lip movement for non standard characters like the cartoon masters set Smile

Ho yeah and be able to buy Iclone upgrades with DA points...

By planetstardragon - 13 Years Ago
sometimes when I try to create new characters by mixing and matching body parts, it becomes time consuming because I have no way of telling what is g1, g2 or g3 and get the incompatible body parts error, would be nice if when I hover my mouse over the parts it has some way to identify what generation it is in the description - or some way of identifying what it is before I waste time trying to load it ...it will help me organize my library better Smile
By Capemedia - 13 Years Ago
Thanks for asking Peter.

There have been tons of threads requesting this and requesting that.  Some people want the 3D world for a few hundred quid and others want little changes to make things a little easier.

Personally I think iClone 4.3 is pretty special already and I'm currently using it for my Project 2011.  However that's not to say software shouldn't evolve and Reallusion have been great at moving their software forward.

So what do I want?

Get rid of Director mode and Anaglyph 3D, stop trying to be everything to every man.  iClone is a 3D animation tool and such all effort should be made for this to be the main focus.

iClone needs a high end render option that would allow it to be used to produce quality that can be screened in a cinema.  I know for a fact that this has prevented commercial films being produced at that level.

Then and I’m not going to list them, all the stuff that will produce better animation.  Maybe a simple incorporated motion capture feature, rag doll physics, collision detection, etc the list goes on.

One thing I don’t want to see is the production of a range that then requires me to buy additional packs once iClone 5 has been released. i.e G5 avatars, G5 Clone cloth etc.

I’m sure others will be more specific in their wants and needs but like I said, iClone 4.3 does it for me, so I’m in no rush for iClone 5.

Just my thoughts.

Cape BigGrin

By Paumanok West - 13 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/8/2011)
share with the iClone team your content wishlists

(1) A new generation of characters, called "G5"--with higher resolution than G3 (highres faces, too) including really smartly-stylized avatars

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic53099-87-1.aspx?Highlight=olympics *

I would also like to see G2 characters dropped as embedded content. You could offer these as free downloads.

* (Yes, I know some customers will complain about buying new content for new avatars. Let them!)

(2) I would like to see the variety of 3D Blocks really EXPLODE, and include many "organic" and asymmetrical shapes. I strongly feel that 3D Blocks should not be addons, but rather embedded.

(3) Revamped motions in Content Manager. No need to propagate all the current motions from iClone 4. Would like to see iClone ship with a "greatest hits" collection of dramatic acting sequences from across all RL content. Much less fighting, much less dancing in embedded content! Move most of those into free downloads.

(4) Flocking birds, schooling fish, and animal herds.

(5) New and better animation paths for objects and cameras

(6) Better dynamic cloth--especially if you could offer a G5 character product line (Yes, I know this is almost a functionality request)

(7) Replace the curent demo projects with new ones. Make the old projects available as free downloads.

(8) I would like to see the Wagon Horse and a customizable Wagon base as embedded content.

(9) I would like to have a large but low-res 19th-century village laid out, suitable for an aerial view. Ideally, this would be in grid sections so you could expand it as needed. This unique set/project would be useful to lots of other users for various historical/fantasy stories. If you would like more specific suggestions about this, PM me.
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Always appreciated.

Just to be clear. In this particular thread we are looking for content wishlists rather than feature requests (Please feel free to share them in the Wishful Features forum though). Smile

Paumanok West (4/8/2011)(8) I would like to see the Wagon Horse and a customizable Wagon base as embedded content.

I would like to point out the business opportunities from this particular suggestion: if all users owned the horse and Attach-able wagon base, a large new marketplace would spring up for historical wagons to go on the wheel base:

- Carts
- Stagecoaches
- Carriages, hacks, cabs
- Artillery
- Omnibuses
- Delivery trucks and vans
- Cinderella pumpkin
- Mobile signage
- Gypsy and circus wagons

It would be desirable for the wheels to be swappable.

Note there is also an important complication: historically, wagon wheels were not perpendicular to the axle. Instead, they were "dished" at an angle to improve stability and manuverability. For similar reasons, frequently, the back wheels were larger than the front wheels. Thus, the chassis would ideally need to be able to dish the wheel angle and to accept varying wheel sizes.

This book on the subject reveals how many *different* kinds of vehicles were horse-drawn.
By Rampa - 13 Years Ago
I think it is really nice how there are several variants of each clothing type that come with the clothing bases. Including an entire range of clothing bases (not just casual) in the regular content would go a long ways in helping beginning movie makers. This would allow a "stock" set of 20 or so characters.

I really like the idea of the "Magic suit" (thanks Apparition!) pack, where customization is a snap for newbies.

I think a collection of basic gestures is good. Things like yawn, laugh, fist in air, scratch, hold head in hands, etc. would be quite useful. These kind of gestures should be upper body movement only. People actually do stand still sometimes.

Wings and tails are currently available, but some non-horse (lizard or monkey) tails might be nice.

Facial hair that is an accessory weighted to the face bones, and eyebrows that are weighted accessories as well. Good eyebrows are currently difficult.
By planetstardragon - 13 Years Ago
@rampa, you just reminded me!!

I would love to see an iclone version of this software http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/Marvelous/

very cool, you basically load a neked character into it, and wrap new clothing on it in obj format.

not sure how feasible this is, but i figured I'd mention it.
One BIG thing I want from Iclone 5 is for it works on my current computer as for content lots more comic style stuff like the 3D Universe content .
By animagic - 13 Years Ago
I would like characters with a higher resolution mesh for the head and the possibility to create a higher resolution face map within iClone. I have worked with a prototype high-resolution mesh developed by Mike A. and it does make a difference.

I know there is a trend towards beautiful, stylized young characters, which is nice, but I think iClone should provide standard a greater variety of ordinary people from young to old, including more ethnic variety.

There is more I would like, but I have to make dinner. Could iClone do that?

By peteradam6 - 13 Years Ago
Just a few thoughts:-

A button to "duplicate and scatter" a prop. Perhaps with a "vary size of each new prop by 10%". Like the plant painter, but spraying out any selected prop or set of props (subject to a size limit).

Many more lighting presets shipping with iClone.

Fully adjustable and remixable cel-shading and natural-media rendering, not just two or three fixed toon presets that we'd all soon become too familiar with.

Click on any prop or light, then have any other prop or light move to the position of the first selected item.

Bring any prop or light to the center of the current camera view, with one click.
bluemidget666 (4/8/2011)
One BIG thing I want from Iclone 5 is for it works on my current computer as for content lots more comic style stuff like the 3D Universe content .

Hey, blue, have you seen the model which I believe is the best thing 3DU has produced? Sadie.

I've been hoping they would port her to iClone, although her visual quality might suffer in a mid-polygon environment.
By aknzrdude - 13 Years Ago
would like to see

1) flocking -
2) more low poly crowd creation of different themes
3) 3d block boolean operations and sculpting
4) cloth builder - i.e. add layers on clothing onto a naked form
5) clothing primitives -armor, helmets, waist coats that can be layered and shaped via opacity maps
6) non colliding body parts
7) layered hair -i.e. more than 1 hair object
8) facial hair
9) assignable camera POV - i.e. each object can be converted into a camera
10) volumetric light
11) long form motions
12) save project elements (i.e. i have a scene with 10 characters, and set, i only want to save the set, lighting and 2 characters
13) more iprops
14) delete folders from content manager
15) selectable cell shading - i.e. render set in cell shade, characters normally (and opposite)
16) additional material blend channels
17) copy/duplicate characters in a scene
Hi Paumanok

Yes I have been looking at 3D Univers with some envy , I think I did read on there site that they were opening up there content for more platforms so fingers crossed they will make there way into the RL contents store.Smile
By BiggsTrek - 13 Years Ago
As far as content is concerned, the more the merrier. One of my biggest shocks when I first bought iClone was the lack of base content (simple props and/or basic sets) and having to find what I wanted either in the Content store or bring in via 3DXchange.

How about a bigger selection of basic building blocks (I find I use the "primitives" more and more these days).

And don't forget to add a bunch of new walls, doors, windows, etc so we can mix up our sets a bit more?

Why not have a collection of pre-built sets (as projects) so newcomers and old hands alike can just jump in and start making films straight away?

Some more basic characters, too, or at least a load of faces/heads so we don't have to see the same characters in every newbie's film as we tend to see now... Wink

Thanks for asking!!

BigGrin

By Rampa - 13 Years Ago
Many (a dozen or so) wall pieces that snap (edge-to-edge) together for modular sets. A selection of different doors that snap into place. Many more iProps like doors, windows, stairs?, furniture.
By Vit3D - 13 Years Ago
Not sure that my wish can be classified as "content", but I'd like to see new iClone5 come with good set of development tools - wide range of templates (for face too), plug-in for 3dsMax 2012 and more detailed development documentation Wink
An atmosphere/particle FX helper that enables the drag-and-drop placing of a universal low fog over the whole stage grid, with easily adjustable height. Rather than just fog which comes from a single emitter. Example usage: an ultra wide-shot fly-in, down into a steampunk city - followed by a snaking camera-flight motion through the misty streets.
* A much wider range of light presets, and/or some ready-lit projects with some basic primitives in them - for previewing the lighting setup and seeing how the lighting scheme plays out on props placed at different depths into the scene.

* Drag-and-drop glide-paths - with a camera already attached, pointed at the end node, with path-points suitable banked and pitched, and everything ready to go.

* A good rotation and roller helper object in the standard content or the member's free downloads.

* A packs of "super-textures". Going beyond single textures. Example: load up a diffuse texture by dragging a "bundle texture" onto it, and the bundle also automatically loads accompanying/matching bump, opacity and specular textures. Example: rusty metal with rivets all done in one quick drag and drop operation.

Plus the ability to tag and filter-by-tag the content library, and thus create/save temporary per-project content libraries on the fly.

By duchess110 - 13 Years Ago
My content wish is a long cape with large hood attached that is like the cloth rigged to the RL bones so that it would move smoothly with the Character.

Also G3 or G4 or whatever G cloth will be in iClone 5 to have a complete gown as was in G2 cloth not seperate upper and lower also several versions of this type of complete cloth with narrow medium and full skirt styles.

By duchess110 - 13 Years Ago
Almost forgot about the guys.

Some decent collars for shirts to go under suits. Standup wing collars for tuxedo's, button down collars, normal collars cravats etc.

Cloth piece to create seperate belts that would be boned to the character so stayed in place and not cut through the body.

By Bellatrix - 13 Years Ago
I would love to have CloneHair with collision detection of everything in the environment - actor body parts, CloneCloth, furniture, floor, etc.

CloneHair "wig" pieces with bones, short, mid, long, pony tails. Floppiness adjustable.

If it's not too much to ask.... Ability to deform actor, CloneCloth, CloneHair within iClone with a basic "Morph" brush would be nice. Having to port the whole actor out to and back external application via 3dxchange - just to adjust their wardrobe or hair shape, is way too tedious, exhausting and...really, really not cool. Addition of one single Argile style basic brush with adjustable variable size will drastically improve iCloner's quality of life.

Looking forward to iC5! Keep up the good works...

By Darren01 - 13 Years Ago
after playing around with the path tool over the last few days (and getting frustrated with it!), I'd like to see it refined and made a little more user friendly. The path tool is a fantastic concept, I love what it is supposed to be able to do, but is let down by it's poor functionality.

For starters I'd like to be able to fine tune the position of each individual control point using the XYZ coordinates. Often it is extremely difficult placing a path in 3D space relying on just the mouse to move on all 3 axis's. I never seem to be able to figure out whether I'm dragging the control points up/down or across the Z axis. I normally end up having to move the preview camera around to all different angles and continually fiddle with the adjustment, because what appears to be correct placement at one view, is totally wrong in another. At least using coordinates you know which axis you are adjusting.

Also I find assigning a prop to follow the path is very unpredictable, especially if you have modified the path in any way. For example, last night I set a path for a boat to follow. Worked fine first time. Then I decided I wanted to add a couple more control points and extend the path. So I clicked the 'add control point' and extended the path. Now I simply cannot get the boat to follow the path. It just cuts a diagonal line from the first control point to the last point rather than following the path. On close examination, I have discovered that the link to path command has only applied to the final control point. As soon as I move backward from the final control point on the time line, the linked path name on the r/h/s of the screen disappears and then the prop jumps straight back to the beginning.... I have checked there are no stray transform keyframes in between. And if I look on the path track on the timeline, it only begins at the final control point and continues indefinitely to the end of the time line - hence the problems. I have deleted the link to path several times and attempted to re-link, but the same problem occurs. It seems I will have to delete the entire path and start a fresh.

To me the path tool is extremely awkward to use for anything but a basic path and tends to break down when modified. I think it could be a LOT more stable and easier to use - hopefully RL can take the feedback onboard and make improvements in the next version.
Some media case "blanks". Such as DVD cases, CD cases, book covers at various sizes, videogame boxes. Could be very useful for newbies seeking to apply an image texture and quickly get a basic "pack shot" for promotional purposes. They can use primitives, but these models would have far more detail.
By Bigboss - 13 Years Ago
Gee ... I did post some iClone Feature improvements in another thread but I think I missed this one...Smile

In order of priority:

1) Activate Facial Animation on non-human Characters that have standard G4 Head structure.

2) Allow for embedding motion segments inside Standard Character (like for Props) so that we can distribute fully AML animated characters without having to copy motion files into specific motion folders.

3) Fix 3DXchange to remove the extra root bone that is inserted in the character hierarchy for imported character (this causes the character to return to the origin after a motion segment, i.e. the SNAP function does not work).

4) Add better iClone asset management capabilities; anything that helps us organize our iClone assets... 

By animagic - 13 Years Ago
If we can't have CloneHair (as suggested above), then at least provide ways to make hair better fitting (or better fitting hair).

We have now all kinds of ways to shape the head (via 3DXchange and an external program), but shaping the hair to the head is not really possible in an easy way. This is especially a problem with shorter hair.

By guidocornia_20100928110210516 - 13 Years Ago
Spring effect in hairs. So, when the actor walks, on can see a more natural movement.

What do You think about?

guido

By The Mythical Dragon - 13 Years Ago
Hi Peter.

My Content wish list:

1- Adult and children avatars, perhaps even a baby.

2- A larger selection of imaterials.

To be honest, most content is developer made and sold in the marketplace. We don't really need more than the basic building blocks that were included in iClone 4. As long as it has as much basic building boxes as possible. Animators and developers will create what they need as they need it.

Convincing beards, really good quality and simply to apply.
By The Mythical Dragon - 13 Years Ago
peteradam6 (4/27/2011)
Convincing beards, really good quality and simply to apply.

I did not think of that... good idea. I vote for beards.

By rontarrant - 13 Years Ago
I only want one thing...

A DWIM (Do What I Mean) command.
By mark - 13 Years Ago
RiViT (4/28/2011)
I only want one thing...

A DWIM (Do What I Mean) command.

Oh that's goodBigGrin A DIM (oh that's me) I mean DWIMTongue
By mjordy - 13 Years Ago
Peter,
I can't wait for the next version of Iclone,and perhaps a better and more realistic depiction of the characters and avatars,as they still look "blocky" and ruin the otherwise "realistic" feel and view of the animation process of Iclone 4.

If possible I'll be looking forward to do a product review:
http://mjordy5356.angelfire.com/index10.html

and on my Youtube channel:
http://www.yourtube.com/maurojo1

keep up the good work!
By DELETED2 - 13 Years Ago
Apart from the ability to "group" ANYTHING on a set, and thats anything...........

If we're looking at time saving issues, which in my reality is where the money's are earned now, a good randomiser regarding selected animal motions would be nice with a magnetism algorythm also for them.

So in practice then.

I select nine animal moitons.
Click a simple priority value for each one.
Grazing happens with a 1 in 5 chance of happeneing.
Neighing happens on a 1 in 25 chance of happening. Etc.
I simply work on my Knight.
As he walks away more than a predefined ten to 20 paces (randomised decision for follow-on initialisation) paces the Horse will amble towards him with Start-Mid-End motions neatly tied together.

In this, Dragons would also follow the Wizard up the hillside moving in random cycles as it did so, looking about.

Young Ducks would follow the mother through the water.

Falling trees would be later randomly chased by falling leaves and branches.

Speedboats would have waves chasing them behind.

Carts would follow Anything that pulled 'em.

French Windows would "pull" Curtains outwards as they were opened/closed.

Just to name a few ideas on a "follow" randomiser.

Output timewise this would save a fortune in daylight hours and super-deliver a time effective solution to the client.

I seem to be the only one racing against the clock trying to find quality output v. time  effiency. While Quality rocks, the clock doesn't care and ticks on anyway.

By colour - 13 Years Ago
OTWink

Nice to see you Posting again, ArmstrongSmile

I've missed seeing your high quality stuffBlink

colour (5/2/2011)
OTWink Nice to see you Posting again, ArmstrongSmile I've missed seeing your high quality stuffBlink

Hi again! I'm working quietly on... Morphed further into People Animation/Interaction with the new Studios URL (Building) but like most of my output, I feel anyway, it further shows that output-impact isn't from it's realism to life, but from the freedom of the viewers imagination; the Machinematographers  Skills or iClones masssive ability to contain mood and awe from set development and lighting. Maybe all three.
I take alot of flak from the lamers 'n half-breeds but I believe in what I'm striving for which is why I'm still here and why it makes money.
Using iClone 24/7 now in a corporate vein I like to think my suggestions are read with the weight others to come after us may benefit from in that the main profit loss is time time time. Not the veins of a leaf. 

The biggest culprit I suffer is NOT being able to group objects in the PROPS panel.
In SCENE MANAGER/PROPS I'd like something like multiple prop panels instead of one giant overall one and the ability to color code family/type items etc.
So in prop panel one there are trees, 2 there's buildings, 3 there're my objects.
OR,
Prop Panel 1 there's "House 1 group" items (House, Cart, 2 horses, tree, buckets) and I can click to select all to move, edit, hide or unhide or kill.
Prop Panel 2 lets me "see at a glance" thirty items associated with the well in the vilage green.
I could save half day lumps if this was implemented.

Anyway... Quietly, quietly. I'm in the background. Just gettin' on with it! Wink
Armstrong.

By safegaard - 13 Years Ago
Great to see you again Armstrong. As also you have good points one should listen to. Smile
By funfunfun - 13 Years Ago
Some of these items fall under BOTH content and features, so I'll put them here.

1 A house, room, and furniture builder via drag and drop. Just like those 3D Architecture programs in the cheap bins of software stores, but for iClone.

2 A true catalogue or index of moves that can happen within the framework of broader motions like standing, walking, running, jumping, sitting, kneeling, lying down, and crawling. So one might set the character to kneel and then within that broader motion, assign the motion of pleading with arms. Now the character kneels and reaches out to another character to plead with them.

3 Basically these moves would allow the user to create most things they imagine, before having to sift through motion capture files.

4 Also, it would be great if a portion of these motion files were hand animated. So for more naturalistic moves, the motion capture based motions could be used, but if someone wanted more cartoony or just exaggerated motions, they could pick from the pool that was hand animated.

5 Make it easier to pick up and put down objects. This has been an awkward thing in the past.

6 Make some of the basic facial expressions easier to "rough in." So at a specific point in the time line you have the option of having the "disgusted" expression set to a "3" and then a little bit later have an expression of "joy" set to an "8".

Then one can go back through later to fine tune and enhance everything.

By the way Peter, what features and content is already DEFINITELY going into version 5?

Thanks
funfunfun (5/4/2011)
Some of these items fall under BOTH content and features, so I'll put them here.

1 A house, room, and furniture builder via drag and drop. Just like those 3D Architecture programs in the cheap bins of software stores, but for iClone.

Yes, this request has been in the back of my mind very recently, when I had to get serious about recreating a crucial interior for my film.

Wouldn't it be GREAT if RL offered about 20 high-quality interior packs suitable for period films?

- Ancient Greece/Rome
- Ancient China/Japan
- African
- Dark Ages/Fantasy
- Viking
- Middle Ages/Shakespeare/Robin Hood
- American Colonial
- Age of Sail/Nautical
- Victorian
- Steampunk (can't use Steampunk for serious Victorian scenes)
- Arts and Crafts/Edwardian
- Art Deco/Roaring 20s
- World War 2/Atomic Age
- Age of Aquarius/Geodesic/Hippie
- Contemporary middle-class (=poor??)
- Contemporary wealthy
- Great Transition (solar, energy-efficient, local, downsized, sustainable)
- Apocalyptic
- Futuristic/Starfleet (domestic interiors, not bridge and engine room)

What did I leave out?
To Paumanok:

"Wouldn't it be GREAT if RL offered about 20 high-quality interior packs suitable for period films?"

But isn't that what the Marketplace + project files are for? And the DAZ-to-iClone options are for? I mean DAZ has nearly all of that, even authentic Dark Ages stuff if you look hard enough.

To Armstrong:

"Neighing [of the horse] happens on a 1 in 25 chance of happening. Etc."

I love the idea of randomisation in the Perform scripts. Or, to make it more efficient, how about a generic drag-and-drop randomiser helper? Drag and drop the helper on a character or prop, from a drop-down select the Perform you want it applied to, and set the probability of that action happening? This could also apply to the "Look At..." command, so as not to have a completely fixed gaze.

Young Ducks would follow the mother through the water.

I like the idea of "Scatter and Follow", which is part of what you seem to be suggesting. It would go beyond the "scatter and replicate" command that we may well get with iClone 5.
peteradam6 (5/5/2011)
To Paumanok:

"Wouldn't it be GREAT if RL offered about 20 high-quality interior packs suitable for period films?"

But isn't that what the Marketplace + project files are for? And the DAZ-to-iClone options are for? I mean DAZ has nearly all of that, even authentic Dark Ages stuff if you look hard enough.

Let's not even get into the technical difficulties of converting high-polygon DAZ models to something usable in iClone--that would be a bit beside the point. Your question about whether it makes sense for Reallusion to come up with new product ideas needs to be directed to them, not to me--THEY were the one asking for new product ideas. Tongue

(This will likely sound like a smug answer, but I sincerely assure you it is not meant that way.)
Thanks to everyone for the excellent feedback you are giving in this thread. This is proving really helpful and is greatly appreciated. Please keep them coming.

Please do try to keep suggestions limited to the content you want to see included rather than new features. Requests for new and improved features can be posted in the Wishful Features forum.

Thanks.

By doubledutch - 13 Years Ago
I don`t know if it is ask or already possible in 4.3 but i like to export some movies in transparent mov files to use it in other programs like AE.
By Bigboss - 13 Years Ago
SINCE THERE ARE 2 THREADS ON iClone 5 features, I am repeating myself just to make sure...BigGrin

One more thing I forgot to add to my iClone5 feature List

1) Add one more Part to the G3 Character and make it a G4 so we would have:

- Shoes

- Body

- Lower Cloth

- Upper Cloth

- Gloves

- Face

This would allow for a Single piece Body (like Skintight) with separate Lower & Upper for the Cloth so we could replace only the clothing completely separately from the Skin Layer.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

Peter (RL) (5/5/2011)
Please do try to keep suggestions limited to the content you want to see...//...Thanks.

OK!
High Resolution Rocks - Misshapen hunks we can tex ourselves with hi res graphics that show on the rocks as hi res.
In summary... Island sized Rocks. Set sized rocks. CPU "smokeability" allows us some degree of strenuousity regarding prop inclusions now.

A Tree in Parts.
Main Base / roots. (1)
Trunk.
Boughs (3 styled Parts)
Branches (3 styled Parts)
Twigs (4 types)
Graphics can leaf-out the branches as we see fit!
Let's make our own tree to suit.

Reasons for this?

Growing round a house, ancient Oak for instance.

Growing horizontal branches in the shape of a fence. Apple tree fences are the vogue in England now.

Tree with swing but "grown" / built in such a way that the supporting bough is wider and holds the swing unobscured, high for a long romantic arc (for instance) and Camera freindly in that it composes well according to the needs of our set.

Trees that "canopy" high streets in some villages and towns.

Trees that Lean out over the banks of rivers as if the mud gave way in a severe storm, the main trunk almost parallel to the river below but the branches still growing back upwards again.

Trees grown in the shape of letters for titling on horizons and etc. Smile

...... and on and on and on and on and on and on.

Why this doesn't already exist I dont know. I can think of many applications.

As well as this, Tree Root Systems would be superb also. Especially for underground works and tunnelling as well as educative content.

That'd be nice content. Cool
Armstrong, "super fantasy" trees and tree roots would be great - but possibly they're best left to the Marketplace? Yet I wonder if iClone could ship with some 'organic' primitives as standard, alongside the cubes and spheres? More complex shapes and more organic. Thus if you had a generic set of "twisty turny" objects and horns, you might be able to use those to create a system of tree roots and suchlike. Possibly it's not too difficult to make those sorts of more unusual objects in SketchUp (or similar), but most iClone users won't be able to do that.
Very Cartoonish Characters included in 5 (even more so than what's included in Version 4).

and

Medium Cartoonish Characters that have an air of realism, like the Incredibles.

Thanks.
Muck .... The Iclone world is too clean, it looks like its never been usedSmile
By SeanMac - 13 Years Ago
For new content for iClone 5 I agree with Mythical Dragon and Paumanok West: I am interested in doing historical documentaries and until recently the population in such scenes would have been heavily weighted towards the young. We have today an age distribution like a pillar, before the 1900s there were very few old people and a huge number of babies: the population age distribution was triangular.

In most of the world clothes stayed the same for the last two thousand - three thousand years. In Europe from the Fall of the Roman Empire onwards the fashions differed widely across the continent.

At the time of the American War of Independence clothing could be quite extravagant and wigs were worn as they had been since the mid sixteenth century. The poor wore the discarded clothes of the not so poor from a generation before.

Actors at present available are ideal for a Martini advert but not for realistic population at any time in history.

I agree that there is a pipeline through from Daz for these actors, but as I think Paumanok West said, it is not as easy as all that.

It would be good if Reallusion considered the possibility of including in iClone 5 Actors replicating the age distribution of humanity from birth to grave. This I suggest would favour a more diverse community production of a wider range of movie types.

Medium Cartoonish Characters that have an air of realism, like the Incredibles.

You mean like this one, on the Marketplace...

Actors at present available are ideal for a Martini advert but not for realistic population at any time in history.

There's an increasing range of historical clothing options on the Marketplace, including 18th century gowns and Pilgrim Fathers puritan outfits...

I'm sure Alley or one of the other clothing makers could make you some 1770s clothes like knee breeches, hunting coats, and powdered wigs, if you asked. Alley has a whole Wild West wardrobe out now.

As for faces, you can fully face-fit and adjust within iClone (I have Lincoln somewhere) and there are also packs on the Marketplace such as those from Wil V...

Something like that is close to what I meant by the medium cartoony look. A lot of the shapes in the face and body look good!

I would say that the textures used on those characters are still meant for the more realistic characters. The eyebrows, hairline, and eyes have textures that don't match the overall design, it might take the audience out of it on a close up...even if they can't put their finger on why in the moment.
By Cellygon - 13 Years Ago
what i want

being able to attach props or accessories to actors lips and eyebrow. at the moment you could only attach to the head and when the actors expression changes, things just float around and looks strange on the face. i would like my actors to have 3d lip piercing and not just a paint on ring on the the face texture. being able to attach things to certain part of the face and not just the whole head would be nice.

another thing i'm looking for is a better body morph/body customization tool. The tools now is good but i can never get the body shapes I wanted.
Paper-like cartoon characters would be fun too. You could make something like what a modder for Moviestrm has done, but even more like paper (there's something too pixely and scratchy about their look):

http://www.moddingstorm.co.uk/Prod_06_FlatFolk.shtml
By Darren01 - 13 Years Ago
a simple request, but an important one (for me at least)

currently, when you go to save a project, iClone goes back to the first frame of the animation after the save. I regularly save my work (usually roughly every 10 minutes), so it becomes very disruptive to my workflow if I have to continually search for the frame I was working with before I hit 'SAVE PROJECT'.

Would be good if iC5 at least had the option in the program preferences, to ensure the program returns to the current frame you are working on after clicking 'save project'.

cheers
By Sifr - 13 Years Ago
How about assorted interchangable articulated tounges for human & nonhuman characters
By zinbat - 13 Years Ago
IClone 5 should have as a part of it an easy way to make any clothing one wants that even a dummy can use, not like IClone 4 its bad cant do a thing with it that’s why I did not upgrade to pro, it’s not user friendly, if Iclone 5 had it most painters I know would use it because then you can dress your avatar any way you want and paint the backdrop around them with out spending to much time figuring out how to make new clothing which is a pain at the best of time.
By shellysummers2000 - 13 Years Ago
The main suggestion i have for animating would be a style of animating like what aniblocks is on daz3d. I love daz's look but their render times are HORRIBLE! The aniblocks though and how you can have different body parts do something and being able to zero them our would be boss on iclone. I can not wait to try that kinetic thing. Now that should make animating on iclone so easy Smile. But yea, being able to control individual body parts and zeroing out the effects. My suggestion. And for content NINJAS AND PIRATES!!!
By shellysummers2000 - 13 Years Ago
Ow forgot the other thing i like about daz that iclone needs. They have this puppering option. you make poses and go between them. THe animations look really smooth. Can we swing that option too. Smile
I want the known universe. Pulse stars, red giants, white dwarfs, gas giants, black holes,worm holes, planets... Think the graphics from the Cosmos series...

If thats ok ....BigGrin

Hmmm I think its time for another quick reminder. Wink

This thread is for Content suggestions only. Please don't post new feature requests or improved feature requests here as they may be missed. Please use the Wishful Features forum for feature requests.

This thread is for posting your content suggestions. You know, things like new avatars/styles, props, motions, 3D scenes that kind of thing. All the things you want in iClone that you haven't found so far.

We really want to make sure that iClone5 comes with the content you want to see.

So please keep the requests coming. Thanks. Smile

I do not want the known Universe as a Iclone feature a content pack will do BigGrin
By hutchartwork - 13 Years Ago
It would be great if basic motions (members of *various* ages groups getting up, sitting down, turning, leaning over or bending down to pick up fallen objects, slowly sitting or quickly plopping down on a couch or chair, etc.) were included in iClone 5. I usually work with older characters in their 50s, so the karate, rap, HipHop and sporty younger-folk motions are practically useless, non-applicable for that less agile (but not yet old and shaky!) age group. This was mentioned in an earlier posting, but bears repeating: attachable body hair (for arms, hands, chest and legs) and facial hair that is attachable to the face (and moves realistically with that particular part of the face mesh), i.e. eyebrows (from Brezhnev-bushy to thin), beards, moustaches, sideburns (from short to 19th-century bushy), etc. would just be fantastic! Also, I'm sure the older iClone users would like to see more conservative clothing included in the next iClone program: cardigans, cord pants, normal button-down shirts and especially short hair styles for older men, from thinning hair and/or balding (on top, on back) to receding hairlines, etc. More flexibility and realism in clothing, facial and bodily movements is what I'm hoping for. Smile
hutchartwork (7/20/2011)I'm sure the older iClone users would like to see more conservative clothing included in the next iClone program

Reallusion is fairly sensitive to this, but our indie developers have released too many outfits--particularly for women--that are only suitable for streetwalkers. BigGrin
OK, one thing no one's managed to cover yet which I thought would be a foregone conclusive by now.

Landscapes:
CLIFF FACES in particular.
Have a landscape and a complimentary suite of Cliff Faces, also Rock Faces which also complimented the surface land and cliff materials.

What I see too much of is the "streaking" of one foot of land texture being used to cover 500 feet of dropping cliff face and it looks bloody awful.

As nobody has ever written in a randomised "tiling" or "Face coverage" algorythm whereby the stretching upwards of land for a higher or lower landmass compared to the majority surface does NOT stretch like a rubber sheet distorting and lowering the detail accordingly we need real layers.

Decent high resolution rock requests for an entire year on my part ended up with 'better' textured rocks and still no surface detail so that was a failure.

The next stage onwards from what I deemed was a simple request then, is, now, to manufacture actual rock faces we can jutt out of flat gently sculpted land masses in order to gain something that so far you dont have, nor do I see anyone attempting to manufacture it.
The detail that'd be available on a cliff face dropping into the see with incredible detail would be stunning with very little effort. I don't know why it's not there yet.
Complimentary series of cuttings and rock strata and then matching grassy land tufts for the tops. Etc etc etc. I dont like teaching people how to suck eggs.

If people made alcove, 90 degree, 45 degree, curved convex, curved concave arced positive and arced negative cliff faces, coupled with cliff faces with holes in and a series of cupped  caverns or caves that would fit into these cavities allowing for caves half way up a 1000 foot cliff faces....................... you'd have something I havent seen before.

And let's face it (No pun intended) you already do all this but in horizontal blocks anyway.

I think with this inclusion land sculpting and etc would be superb.
The sad failing is that if you're trying to do something diverse like the cliff face villages in the latest release of THE TIME MACHINE you're basically stuffed and I dont want come back spatterings about "Improvision" and texturing flat planes because in close up, where reality begins and ends, you don't get the qualtiy.

The one other issue that's absolutely missing and that nobody has ever really attacked with quality are the overhangs. Overhanging ricks jutting out of high resolution cliff faces would be incredible to see and create a set dimension, again, thats absolutely missing but was attacked once in the the land series I and II but in the early iClone Version 2 days.

Just my thoughts.

Armstrong.

By debbie harmon - 13 Years Ago
For it to be faster and easier to use.  And for it to stop crashing.
By debbie harmon - 13 Years Ago
As far a content to add, I'd love to infants, toddler, kids, pre-teens, teens, middle aged, elderly and more stout characters to select.  Would love more motions for these groups of people too.

Thanks

Debbie

By hutchartwork - 13 Years Ago
@tutor "Paumanok West": Thanks for putting it a bit more graphically than I dared to, newbie that I am. BigGrin
By Dreamcube017 - 13 Years Ago
Not sure if this was said or not, but since iClone 5 is going to have some dynamic animation things, it'd be great for it to ship with some nice run of the mill animations like walking, running, jumping, falling, sitting, standing. Combinding these with the IK system should work nicely and maybe we could modify them as we see fit.
By rguy - 10 Years Ago
I'd like to see IClone start using G2 Avatars instead of the G5 - I'd like to see Linear Point Lights, An expression slider dialog box, A fade slider for the 2d image background - Better texture tools for the facial feature - and some kind of better Skin Builder like Daz added - I think it's called skin builder pro -
I also use actual eyes 4 - it's kind of becoming the standard and we should see some kind of integrated innovation in the eyes as the standard. I'd also like to see one thing from Japan and at least one Asian avatar as a standard program avatar. Thai would be fine - I knew this hot little Thai girl that use to stare at me out of her dentists office every day - lol - Any hoot - I guess if you started your 3D learning process with IClone 5 like I did - You had to be pretty impressed. I'm looking forward to the next version -