Sound FX and Background Music

Posted By jaakay 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jaakay
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (869 reputation)Veteran Member (869 reputation)Veteran Member (869 reputation)Veteran Member (869 reputation)Veteran Member (869 reputation)Veteran Member (869 reputation)Veteran Member (869 reputation)Veteran Member (869 reputation)Veteran Member (869 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Hi

How do you edit the length of a sound effect in CTA on the timeline?

I have imported the sound effect of walking on a wooden floor, but I can workout how to make the sound stop when the character stops walking.

I have managed to find the sound track in the timeline, but I don't seem to be able to lengthen or shorten it or even add a keyframe or two to lower or increase the sound at any given position.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
CrazyTalk Animator only has basic audio editing features so it will be best to have your background music, sound effects prepared before you start your project.

You should prepare all your sound files first in an audio editor before adding them onto the CTA timeline. If you don't have an audio editor you can use the free program Audacity for this.

Once you add a sound file to the timeline you can double click it to open the Modify panel. From here you can add Fade in and Fade out points for your  music and sound effects. See HERE for more on this.

You can also drag them to the correct location (frame position) or add mutiple copies shoud you wish. You can right click on the timeline sound fx track and choose Import to do this.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Angel2nz
Angel2nz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello, my friend, how many sound effects can you add to CA4? I see an option for 2 and background music. Suppose you have 4 or more that overlap, what then?
thanks in advance @

Reading This Topic