I think what may be causing the confusion here is because is the link you give to features is for CrazyTalk 6 not CrazyTalk Animator. There are some differences between the way these two work with vocal audio so you will not see the same timeline layout for CT6 in CTA.
In CTA to be able to fully edit your audio lip sync script you will first need to Ungroup the Voice Clip.
You do this as follows:
1) Select your character and open the Timeline.
2) Select the Facial button to open the relevant track.
3) Click the right facing triangle to the left of Voice Clip to open the sub-tracks.
4) Click the Clip/Wave Switch button to display the Wave.
5) Then right click on the Voice Clip track and choose Ungroup.
Once you have done this you will see the Lip track along with all the individual keys. Double clicking any of these will open the Lip Syncing window and allow you to make changes and adjust the Expressiveness slider as required. You can find out more about this HERE.
Hope this helps.