Profile Picture

Manual lip sync (a e i o u sh fr, etc.)

Posted By robert.b.alexander 13 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
robert.b.alexander
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hi There. I recently purchased Crazy Talk Animator Pro, as I felt it would grant me the most functionality in animating.

However I have been having one major problem. When I looked at the program the tutorials showed that it would automatically sync lip movement with imputed sound, but that you could then manually change it.
This manual change was in the form of selecting specific sounds (a e i o u sh fr, etc.) which you could put in at specific points so that those movements matched the exact sounds that the voice clip was making.
They appeared in the timeline editor in little bubble shapes(not keyframes, which are single points, but little bubbles which encompass a couple of frames).

When researching I found a few allusions to this function (although I could not find the original video I watched that I saw this in). Here they are:

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/crazytalk_featurescript.asp
On this page under:
Motion Clips - Instant Facial Performance Clips

and:
Timeline & Quick Keyframe Editing (PRO Only)

Also in this paragraph(I have underlined the most relevant point):

Auto Lip-sync from text & audio for Morph and Sprite animation
Import a WAV file or record your own voice by using the built-in audio capture function.
Enjoy a vast phoneme databank that automatically lip-syncs to your image.
Advancements in Text-to-Speech offer better quality for all end-users, and additional solutions for text-driven voice performances.
Audio support for both Morph-based and Sprite-based lip-syncing animation.

Please let me know how to achieve this.
Thanks!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi..

I think what may be causing the confusion here is because is the link you give to features is for CrazyTalk 6 not CrazyTalk Animator. There are some differences between the way these two work with vocal audio so you will not see the same timeline layout for CT6 in CTA.

In CTA to be able to fully edit your audio lip sync script you will first need to Ungroup the Voice Clip.

You do this as follows:

1) Select your character and open the Timeline.

2) Select the Facial button to open the relevant track.

3) Click the right facing triangle to the left of Voice Clip to open the sub-tracks.

4) Click the Clip/Wave Switch button to display the Wave.

5) Then right click on the Voice Clip track and choose Ungroup.

Once you have done this you will see the Lip track along with all the individual keys. Double clicking any of these will open the Lip Syncing window and allow you to make changes and adjust the Expressiveness slider as required. You can find out more about this HERE.

Hope this helps. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

robert.b.alexander
robert.b.alexander
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hi Peter,
thanks very much. You're right that it isn't the same as the tutorial I saw, but it does seem to give the same result.
I had taken every other step, but had not seen anything anywhere which stated that I needed to double click the keyframes, and thus hadn't tried that.

Was I missing that piece of information, as I still don't see that instruction in any of the tutorials (or the main manual for Crazy talk Animator Pro). It would be very useful to include if it isn't already.

Thanks again.
ronserna
ronserna
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
HI,

I'm having a similar issue and would like to know if there is a way to control the expressiveness of the automated lip sync movement for the 'ENTIRE' lip sync animation for a wav file.

By double clicking the Lip keyframe on the timeline, i am presented with the lip syncing mouth form for that particular sound (say T_L_D) and do have control over the individual expressiveness for that instance, however what i do want is to 'turn down' the expressiveness for the entire LIPS, globally.

currently is seems i have to go in and change hundreds of individual keyframes to bring the overall expression of the lips.

I might be overlooking something very simple.

thanks in advance

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
@ronserna: What I have done in the past is to change the overall volume of the speech file before loading it into iClone. This seems to help somewhat.

Your suggestion to have an global setting to adjust the extent of mouth movements is a good idea (I think it has been a feature request in the past for CrazyTalk), because doing it for each viseme is a pain indeed. 

EDIT: This feature would also be useful for iClone 5.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
13 Years Ago by animagic
vinsky2007
vinsky2007
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Peter,

Hi. I am Vins also a NEW in CTA2 Pro. I have been having problem with the Lip-Sync and would like to know IF THERE IS AN AUTO Version of Lip-Sync for CTA2 (Pro).

Please advise Does it do it by itself by just loading the audio file ?

Thanks.

Vins
vinsky2007
vinsky2007
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Peter,

Hi! I just found out how to do it and What I DID Wrong! ... Tongue I think this will now speed-up my animation task.

Thank you and kind regards.

Vins

Reading This Topic