can't save prop animation as a motion clip

Posted By gordoTalk 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gordoTalk
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Motion clips work for a character:
I am able to animate a character, select a range of keys in the collect group row, and export as a motion clip. I can re-apply the motion clip at another point in the timeline, and it works.

Motion clips aren't working for a prop attached to a character:
I am able to animate a prop, and it works. I can save the project and the animation of the prop saves and restores correctly. However, saving a motion clip for a prop is not working. It seems to work, without an error message. However, only the first key in the selected range is restored.

The interface seems to work the same for a character as for a prop, it is just a different row in the Timeline.

Can anyone confirm that prop animation can be saved in motion clips?
or
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I might be missing / doing wrong?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
The Collect Clip function for Props differs from characters. With Props this function is used to collect sprite animation rather than transform animation. You can see how to use the Collect Clip function for Props HERE.

If you have created animations for a prop then you can simply save the prop in your custom folder and the animation data will be retained.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gordoTalk
gordoTalk
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Thanks for the online help reference, but I had been referring to that page and am still
confused the clip creation.

Is there a limit to which types of keys are saved when Collect Clip is used above
keys for a character?

It seems that "Transform" keys are ignored.
While "Body_Transform" keys are saved and restored.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

gordoTalk (12/28/2010)

Hi..

When you use Collect Clip for Props, the Sprite Transform and Sprite Switch Animations are saved and can be re-used on another prop as long as the sprite number is the same between the two props.

For movement transform keys you can save the Prop itself and the transform keys will be saved with it making it a ready to use animated prop in any scene.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gordoTalk
gordoTalk
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (12/29/2010)
gordoTalk (12/28/2010)

Hi..

When you use Collect Clip for Props, the Sprite Transform and Sprite Switch Animations are saved and can be re-used on another prop as long as the sprite number is the same between the two props.

For movement transform keys you can save the Prop itself and the transformkeys will be saved with it making it a ready to use animated prop in any scene.

Does that mean that Transform keys are not saved in motion clips? Are there any other keys which aren't saved?

What about with Charactors?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

gordoTalk (12/29/2010)
Does that mean that Transform keys are not saved in motion clips? Are there any other keys which aren't saved?

What about with Charactors?

For characters the following is saved:

• Export Motion: Merge and export all the keys and clips in the Sub-tracks (under the Body Motion main track) within the range as a *.ctMotion file.
  • Export FCS: Merge and export all the keys and clips in the Sub-tracks (under the Facial main track) within the range as a *.ctFcs file.
  • Export Perform: Merge and export all the keys and clips in the Sub-tracks (under the Facial and Body Motion main tracks) within the range as a *.ctPerform file.
  • I think the confusion is caused because of the different types of transform keys. For example character Motion Clips will save the Body Transform and Body Sprite keys. Body Transform keys are not the same as movement transform keys which are not saved. 

Peter
    Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

vepop
    vepop
    Posted 13 Years Ago
    View Quick Profile
    Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
    I have a problem using the motion clip that has been saved.
    The problem is the 'head' of the character grow bigger until it reaches the motion clip.
    It will then return to the 'normal' size.
    Any solution?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
    YouTube Tutorials Here
    vepop
    vepop
    Posted 13 Years Ago
    View Quick Profile
    Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
    Thank God, I managed to solve it by using the 'absolute key'.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
    YouTube Tutorials Here
    idreamofjeani
    idreamofjeani
    Posted 12 Years Ago
    View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

This is super confusing. I wonder why Reallusion has chosen such confusing and non-standard terminology. The timeline is also very precarious and unintuitive in general.

I'd like to loop a prop's animation on the timeline, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how, since apparently the technique of exporting and reimporting as a clip is not possible since the motion I've keyframed doesn't get exported.

I'm beyond confused and frustrated. Sad

How do you quickly loop/change speed on the motion of a prop across a long scene????????? For instance, oars on a boat.
    vidi
    vidi
    Posted 12 Years Ago
    View Quick Profile
    Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
    I'd like to loop a prop's animation on the timeline

it is total easy to do with CTA . You can your key animation store as actionClip in your prop. you can call this with the actionmenue and you get a clip on timline . You can this clip looping and streching on the timline .

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
    12 Years Ago by vidi

Reading This Topic