Profile Picture

Animation of animals (owl and monkey) in iClone 8

Posted By metulski 5 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
metulski
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hello everyone,

I would like to animate a monkey and an owl at an exhibition in Schwerin Castle. The animals should also have facial animations.
I would like to limit myself to the owl for now, as it is probably more difficult to implement. Can I rig the owl's body in Blender, i.e.
correctly with appropriate wing rigging, then import it into iClone and rig the face there, for example with Headshot 2?
Would that be a feasible way? I'm looking for a good starting point, a good strategy for this project.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/431096d0-338b-4363-969e-b18c.jpg

Alternatively, I also thought of Metahuman in conjunction with Metapipe. But this is certainly more of a question for the Unreal Engine forum.

I would be very happy if some people could tell me what the chances are of implementing this well in iClone.

Kind regards, metulski/Daniel
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The monkey won't be tough - there are definitely some ready-made Chimps in Daz you could use, for example (and would come in fully rigged both in face and body).

There are also some Daz owls - I've used a few - but the facial animation will be the problem.  And, no, you can't use Headshot - well, you COULD if you wanted to combine two figures, hiding the body of the Headshot "owl" (Headshot will map to a CC3+ body, no way around that) and the head of the owl figure and attaching them (I've done this with robots so it definitely can work and if you are determined to do this within iClone it's the approach I would use).  To use a single figure you'd really need to do it in a modeling program, and create the blend morphs for the face (you can do this in Blender, and I think Mr. G even has a video showing how to create the things needed, but perhaps he'll chime in here).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
metulski
metulski
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hello Kelleytoons,
thank you very much for your excellent explanation!
I'll also take a look at DAZ.
That keeps me moving forward.
Many greetings, metulski

Reading This Topic