Profile Picture

Iclone 8 and CC4 will not launch

Posted By hdasilva Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hdasilva
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
For the last 2 weeks, I've not been able to run either program.  Originally when I purchased both packages I was having constant issues with running these programs.  They would constantly lock up.  I decided to spend the money and upgrade to a new computer, spending over $8000.00 on a top-of-the-line custom-built computer.  I run Windows 11 Pro, NVIDIA 4080 AMD Ryzen 9 7950X, ASUS PRIME X670E-PRO WIFI motherboard, 164GB of RAM and 2TB SSD drive for OS and installing software, and a 6TB hard drive for storing my projects.    Technical support has been and continues to be extremely poor with Reallusion.  Still, as of today, I've been unable to run these programs.  Supprising yesterday It ran for the day, continued on my project saved, and was done for the day.  This morning go to startup Iclone 8, and it boots up came up on the screen and for some reason popped up on my screen "Unsave project data found.  Would you like to update your project with the unsaved changes?  If I click ok it brings up Explorer and then allows me to save an unknown file then crashes.  If I click on Cancel it starts up and then crashes.  This happens exactly the same on CC4.  All my drivers are up to date every other piece of software that I have on this computer has no issues but with Reallusion all I get are problems. I just lost a customer because of support taking so long to respond and solve my problem.  Did I make a mistake purchasing from Reallusion?  I have so much money invested in all the packages I purchase from them it's just crazy how inadequate this team is in solving issues.  I need to start a new project before I lose my next customer.  I need help please. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi...

I'm sorry to hear you are having such bad stability problems with iClone and CC. 

I'm running a computer with the same OS and graphic card but with an Intel CPU and everything is very stable with only minimal crashing and normally only with very large or complex projects. I certainly have not encountered any issues launching the software after a crash.

So for you to have so many problems while others don't, points to local system configuration issue I think related to the AMD Ryzen 9. Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update available that you might have missed for your computer? Other than that, Support remains best placed to try and solve this puzzle for you so please do keep in contact with them. Hopefully they can do some testing with the same system configuration to finally find the cause of the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Sophus
Sophus
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)

Last Active: 3 minutes ago
What is logged in the crash description in the Windows Reliability Monitor?
hdasilva
hdasilva
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)

Thank you for your response.  what I don't understand is that January for the most part ran great a few crashes but nothing like this.  Now it just crashes with no files loaded, just starting it up.
hdasilva
hdasilva
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

I tried opening the file and it's all gibberish to me all this code.  I sent all the crash reports  Reallusion it appears that they want me to do a restore point, which would be great but the company that built my computer I guess never set up the restore point so I have none.  First of all, Reallusion informed me originally to update all my drivers, and now they want me to do a restore point.  You know I have zero problems with all the other programs running on this computer except for Reallusion software.  They keep telling me to uninstall and reinstall both software and yet nothing is working.  I losing hope here.  
Sophus
Sophus
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)

Last Active: 3 minutes ago
What about the error description in the Windows Reliability Monitor? You didn't post it?

Reading This Topic