Profile Picture

CC3 installation and custom folders

Posted By Seeker123 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Seeker123
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I just bought a new pc with a better graphic card for Reallusion Softwares. I have two questions, or rather one question and one problem.

1. Can I use a single license for IC7, CC3, CA4 and CA5 on two PCs i.e. I have it already installed on my laptop and now I want to use it on my tower pc as well without buying a new license? I'll be using one pc at a time.

2. So here's the problem. I have copied my custom and template folders from my old pc to the new one. There I want to install the software on NVme C drive but want tho programs to keep/access template and custom folders on SSD drive I. When I install CC7 and CC3 through RL Hub, it doesn't give me the option to choose location of custom folders.
For IC7, I found a workaround. After uninstalling IC 7.9 and Hub, I installed a previous version IC 7.8 and it asked me where I want to save the program as well as the location for template and custom folders separately. So I installed the program on C drive but for template and custom folders choose I drive. Then installed Hub and updated IC 7 to the latest version 7.9 and it works fine so far and I can see all my custom content in gallery.

But this method doesn't work for CC3. I can't download a previous version of it from RL site. It can only be installed through Hub. When I ask it to install CC3 to C drive, it doesn't give me further options to choose the location of template and custom folders and automatically creates those folders on C drive. How can I install it in a such a way that CC3 installs on C drive but it can access templates and custom content that I already have on I drive? 

I don't trust methods like editing registry as it can be risky. I just want a simple and stable  method. Can I download a previous version of CC3 that can be installed without Hub and allows me to choose the location of custom content.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
You can have your Reallusion software installed on two computers providing only one computer is in use at any one time.

Regarding your installation problem, please open the Reallusion Hub > Settings and make sure that you don't have "Use the default install path while installing" checked. If this is unchecked then you should be prompted as to where you want the program files and content installed.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Seeker123
Seeker123
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)Junior Member (225 reputation)

I already tried that. Only difference it makes is that it asks for the location where I want CC3 to be installed. After that it goes on to create template and custom folders on its own without giving me any chance to point it to the backup folders. Kindly help me in this regad.
Peter (RL) (2/5/2024)
You can have your Reallusion software installed on two computers providing only one computer is in use at any one time.

Regarding your installation problem, please open the Reallusion Hub > Settings and make sure that you don't have "Use the default install path while installing" checked. If this is unchecked then you should be prompted as to where you want the program files and content installed.

animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Seeker123 (2/5/2024)
I already tried that. Only difference it makes is that it asks for the location where I want CC3 to be installed. After that it goes on to create template and custom folders on its own without giving me any chance to point it to the backup folders. Kindly help me in this regad.

Do you already have IC7 or another RL application installed? If so, that determines the location of the Reallusion root content folder under which there will be content folders for the respective applications.

To customize you would have to reinstall everything from scratch, in which case you should be able to select your content folder.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
2 Months Ago by animagic
Seeker123
Seeker123
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

animagic (2/5/2024)
Seeker123 (2/5/2024)

Do you already have IC7 or another RL application installed? If so, that determines the location of the Reallusion root content folder under which there will be content folders for the respective applications.

To customize you would have to reinstall everything from scratch, in which case you should be able to select your content folder.

Yes I have IC 7 installed on my desired location but CC3 doesn't follow content path of IC 7.

Seeker123
Seeker123
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Any solution for it????
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Seeker123 (2/6/2024)
Any solution for it????

Frankly, I don't understand why it doesn't work...Unsure

In the old days, we used to edit the registry, because that is where the paths are stored, but that is a risky proposition.

It could be that the previous content folder for CC is still there, so you could check for that and move the content to some external storage. This will make it easier later to copy it back instead of reinstalling everything.

With the previous content folder no longer there, you could try again. As a last resort, start completely from scratch, by reinstalling everything. As a preperatory step move all content to an external drive.

If you feel brave, you could check the registry for where CC thinks the content folders are. Look under for a listing:
      Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Reallusion\Character Creator\3.0 and
      Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Reallusion\Character Creator\3.0

Likewise, for iClone 7, look under:
      Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Reallusion\iClone\7.0 and
      Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Reallusion\iClone\7.0

The values under WOW6432Node\Reallusion are just duplicates (possibly leftovers from 32-bit days), but they should match.

If you decide to edit the registry, make a backup first!

Thinking back when I did this, I actually created a .reg file with the value changes as that is much easier then editing the values directly.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic