C4d control rig for accu rigged characters

Posted By jamie3d Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jamie3d
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Months Ago
Hi all, I don't think there's currently a solution for this but I would love to be able to make tweaks to my accu rigged iclone animated characters in c4d. 

If any of you reading this write code please make this possible πŸ™
Something like the maximo control rig or better still the Rh tools for miximo (this one is kind of dead development wise but it was cool while it lasted) 

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Perhaps you should ask Maxon Why they still do not have a proper  general purpose human IK control rig ,native to C4D, despite all of the money they are getting from their subscription fees.
Character animation was one the many reasons I left left C4D for Blender & Iclone. 

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

jamie3d
jamie3d
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

I hear you, I've already switched from Maya to C4D so don't know if I can stomach another switch. But you're right. Maxon should have something like this. 
raavikantchouhan
raavikantchouhan
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)New Member (93 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi,
Here's a more concise solution for the problem you mentioned:

Investigate Existing Solutions: Check for existing tools or plugins that might support the transfer of accu-rigged iClone characters to C4D. This may include FBX or other universal formats.

Create a Custom Converter: If no tools are available, consider writing a custom converter using C4D SDK and Python or C++. This would require understanding the specific rigging and animation data in both iClone and C4D.

Map iClone Data to C4D: Develop code to read iClone rigging and animation data, and then create corresponding objects, hierarchies, and rigs in C4D. You might use the Maximo control rig or Rh tools for Miximo as inspiration for this process.

Test and Refine: Import different iClone characters into C4D using the converter, and make sure they can be tweaked and animated as expected. Refine the converter as needed to handle different characters and animations.

This solution would likely require collaboration with someone who has expertise in both iClone's rigging system and C4D's SDK, or a significant investment of time to learn these systems.
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
raavikantchouhan (8/14/2023)
Hi,
Here's a more concise solution for the problem you mentioned:

Investigate Existing Solutions: Check for existing tools or plugins that might support the transfer of accu-rigged iClone characters to C4D. This may include FBX or other universal formats.

Create a Custom Converter: If no tools are available, consider writing a custom converter using C4D SDK and Python or C++. This would require understanding the specific rigging and animation data in both iClone and C4D.

Map iClone Data to C4D: Develop code to read iClone rigging and animation data, and then create corresponding objects, hierarchies, and rigs in C4D. You might use the Maximo control rig or Rh tools for Miximo as inspiration for this process.

Test and Refine: Import different iClone characters into C4D using the converter, and make sure they can be tweaked and animated as expected. Refine the converter as needed to handle different characters and animations.

This solution would likely require collaboration with someone who has expertise in both iClone's rigging system and C4D's SDK, or a significant investment of time to learn these systems.

You can already export Iclone animated characters as FBX to Maxon C4D But without a control, rig editing the character animation in C4D is a nightmare.
Victor Soupday single handedly Managed to create a free plugin to convert Iclone rigs to NATIVE Blender control rigs (Rigify)
with animation retargeting from Iclone Actorcore libraries.

Theres is also an affordable $40 USD addon
(By one single developer) for Blender Called Auto rig Pro that does everything for  Blender Accurig does with static meshes and even can rig non bipeds and has a built in Mocap retargeter on par with the mighty Autodesk Motionbuilder.

Maxon has an available SDK
The reality is that anyone who is serious about creating complex Character animations/Films is NOT using Maxon Cinema4D because the C4D community is not interested in character animation is neither is Maxon apparently.
why would a skilled programmer spend his time creating a control rig system for a community that will wont even demand such a basic feature from Maxon themselves.?

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Edited
Last Year by AutoDidact
jamie3d
jamie3d
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for your input peeps. 

I'll sort something  

Reading This Topic