Profile Picture

AccuLips fails after editing a character in Blender.

Posted By BlueyCreative Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
BlueyCreative
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I have a few custom characters that I have designed with the Blender Plugin and imported them back into CC4.
I send the character over to iClone 8 and add a Acculips script to that character and it adds the Visemes and mouth morphs
as expected but the teeth always fail to move with the animation. If I use the face key editor with a custom avatar everything performs as required, just not when using AccuLips.
Does anyone here experience issues with custom characters and what is the workaround?

This one works (iClone standard Avatar)

This one does not or any other I customise and import from CC

Bluey Creative in the Marketplace

lightbearer
lightbearer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I just realized I have this same problem. First gen of the character before exporting and working on the character in Blender works correctly. 2nd gen of the character after Blender export/CC4 import has this issue. And now, I'm going to slam my head on the desk.

I would suggested reposting this to https://forum.reallusion.com/475005/Blender-Auto-Setup as it appears that it might be a "bug" with the plugin or a setting that we are missing.
lightbearer
lightbearer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)Veteran Member (689 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
UPDATE:
By adding the Facial Profile (for me it was CC4 Extended), I was able to get AccuLips to work again. The jaw and teeth move again.

[quote]JaffaDave (5/24/2023)
I have a few custom characters that I have designed with the Blender Plugin and imported them back into CC4.
I send the character over to iClone 8 and add a Acculips script to that character and it adds the Visemes and mouth morphs
as expected but the teeth always fail to move with the animation. If I use the face key editor with a custom avatar everything performs as required, just not when using AccuLips.
Does anyone here experience issues with custom characters and what is the workaround?
Edited
Last Year by lightbearer

Reading This Topic