Retirement of the iray renderer replaced by omniverse

Posted By blindman Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
blindman
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Having read the  that Reallusion will discontinue the Iray render plug-in as of June 15th 2023.  and Instead, use NVIDIA Omniverse™  Up to now I have not done anything with Omniverse.
However when I meticulously followed the install and setup instructions, it didn't work. All I got was an "RTX LOADING" message in omniverse creator. Some research found that this is a known issue relating to incompatibility with certain Nvidia driver updates requiring a hit and miss approach of finding what version of driver might work, and  or yanking out GPU boards with multi board configurations, in an effort to  jury-rig a stable and functioning  system to run a plugin.
No one seems to have a definitive solution to this, and from what little i been able to find out, I might have to remove a  very expensive Quadro GPU and replace it with another expensive GPU that might also not work.
I have neither the time to dedicate to a problem that's not mine to solve (If you offer me a product, I  shouldn't have to fault diagnose it,  or have to spend  hundreds if not thousands, on top of the thousands already spend on a system that works perfectly without omniverse, 
to get it to work)
Edited
Last Year by blindman
animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 49 minutes ago
Which Quadro card do you have? The RTX Quadro cards should work. Non-RTX cards of any kind will not work.

BTW, the Iray plugin will still work. It's just that it will no longer be updated, but that has been the case for quite some time.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
As Animagic already explained you need an RTX graphic card to use Omniverse. RTX graphics cards were introduced in late 2018 so if you have purchased a new graphic card in the last few years then it will likely be an RTX card. If you are unsure let me know which graphic card you have and I can let you know for sure.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic