Profile Picture

Exporting assets directly to unity or....

Posted By longnguyen3065 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
longnguyen3065
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi I recently bought this assets of Total Plants 2 - Botanical World and I was wondering if there was a way to export the content into Unity directly as object or fbx ( I don't know which type of file it should be) then use them as I want in unity intead of creating a world inside Iclone then export. I am very new to Iclone and Unity, if you have any insight or opinions on  how I should proceed and if I am better off creating all the environment inside of Iclone instead of Unity. 

Another question would be if I am better off to use Iclone, what would be the best way to import assets from Unity to Iclone?

Thank you
animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 hours ago
Total Plants are SpeedTree items and they cannot be exported. This is a restriction imposed by the vendor of SpeedTree.

Unity has their own version of SpeedTrees included: https://unity.com/products/speedtree

As to your question of what is a better way to create your environments, that depends on what you want to do.

I do everything in iClone as I have used it for a long time and have a lot of assets. However, these have become quite expensive, so Unity may be a better deal.

Since you are new to both, you could also look into Unreal as there seems to be more support for a pipeline with Unreal and there are very knowledgeable users on the forum.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic