youtube shorts

Posted By planetstardragon Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
youtube seems to be focused on claiming the tiktok community - this is a video that explains the new algorithm in overview

though it pays less than a long form video,  this may be a great leader loss way of growing your channel quickly as youtube seems to be focused on growing this asap, you can actually grow viral with a good subscriber base overnight with the right short video -   

i started this thread in an effort ( once again, never stop believing! )  to hopefully get the community to work together and help each other grow on youtube -  so if you make youtube shorts please share on this thread Cool

-

and here's a tutorial explaining how to make youtube shorts

render / resolution / export size as per - https://vidiq.com/blog/post/youtube-shorts-vertical-video/

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e86aaa7c-4221-40a5-98e1-04d2.jpg

Edited
Last Year by planetstardragon
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

and if you are wondering what to film for a  youtube short,  he's an idea that will allow you to make endless poetry videos

it's a game I created with chatgpt -  you can put tts to your poems and animate your character to speak it in cta or iclone w00t

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2f86205d-1a65-488c-9815-451a.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

my first EvEr youtube short lol.....not perfect -  just wanted to test it  -  i could have fun with these!  

the forum doesn't recognize the short links so - https://youtube.com/shorts/sXmGOObW84k?feature=shar
( and it's getting views fast!! w00t )

Edited
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It is a bit sad the that youtube is chasing the tik tok demographic in promoting disposable 
(under 60 seconds) content.
There is almost no good truly inspiring 3D animation on youtube anymore except the AAA game trailers with alot of story packed into about three minutes or so
the Warhammer40k content is excellent in that regard.
Even the unreal engine 5 stuff is larglely just boring repetitive tech demo’s of the features of lumen or nanite but no actual films and sorry but  38 seconds of a guy walking in some cool scifi armor at 60 FPS is NOT a “short film”.
Other than the quality AAA game trailers I mostly watch filmaking analysis channels and follow the latest AI developments

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sadly,  i have to agree -  but where there's a negative,  there's always a positive. 

in this case,  as you pointed out,  there's a void of animation.  Further,  people enjoy communities,  look at how the nft trend started,  with a bunch of ugly 8 bit ai generated art -  it wasn't the art that was the attraction,  it was being part of this community (Fomo) and getting the most unusual / unique generated ugly nft so you could be famous in a community that can't tell good art from peeling paint. further,  tik tok isn't exactly the college of knowledge either,  i swear i feel my iq points dripping out of my ear for every minute i spend watching those,  'interesting' -pauses for a gag-  videos that have a delightfully mind numbing affect.

we have an animation void in youtube,  and we have a community of 2D and 3D animators. - ergo we have an advantage to do something no one else is doing. . 

yes,  the world sucks,  capitalists ruin everything,  and in about 500 million years,  aliens will discover this barren scorched earth with a dead sun and cold space, without a trace of a now extinct human species. 

long story short,  be happy anyway  -  we die even if everything was perfect and wonderful, so lets have fun with it.   lol

my latest short -  https://youtube.com/shorts/xafnZV5VJ4Q?feature=share
from this video i learned that youtube is so painfully woke and paranoid,  that they will block your video from any views if the title sounds remotely negative. i'm going to try another test,  where i make a video called "happy flowers" -  that illustrates how after an apocalyptic doomsday meteor that makes all mankind extinct,  many flowers will make earth beautiful again.  so i don't offend anyone and offer hope  it's a fear and negativity driven world with a very short attention span,  just play along... w00t  

(yesterday's politically correct title short got me over 500 views in 1 hour!! )    time to make some ugly mind numbing animations en masse as a community!

be happy (anyway) ! -twitch-

Edited
Auroratrek
Auroratrek
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Ugh, this is depressing. Shorts can be fun, but I agree that you can't present anything profound in under 60 seconds. I tried I couple of shorts that were really just excerpts of my longer work, and they got a fair amount of views, but I think I only picked up 2 subscribers out of thousands of views. I actually did a lot better in terms of gaining subscribers by posting the same excerpts on some specific Facebook groups that had similar content (tho very little if any animation.) When you see some of the dumbest things go viral on the internet (I'm looking at you, unboxing videos), it does sometimes feel like "success"--in regards of views and subscribers--is as random as playing the lottery. Certainly effort is no guarantee of success in that regard--LOL. I think any of us working in this sphere have dreamed at some point of producing something that really takes off, but there are a lot of factors that go into it. Not surprisingly, jacking into something that is already popular helps a lot--there are a ton of videos on Youtube that are just somebody playing a video game, and they get hundreds of thousands and even millions of views, so I guess if all I wanted was more subscribers, I'd stop animating and just record myself playing video games. That said, I know that a lot of the moderate success of my Star Trek: Aurora videos was because it was based on a property with an existing fan base, so my hands aren't completely clean. I think in the fan film sphere you still need to do a good job to stand out--the better productions do seem to get more views--but half the battle seems to be just trying to get any kind of exposure, and starting from scratch with an unknown property can be tough. Of course--as I learned from Aurora--the danger of fan films is that you don't own the copyright to the IP, and the IP owner can pull the rug out from under you at any time, which is what Paramount did with Star Trek fan films. My new production Quest of the Key is not directly based on any particular IP, but more generally on the fantasy genre. It's very much in look and feel a combo of D&D and Lord of the Rings, but without specifically being one or the other. I can imagine that if I called it "A D&D Fan Film" I'd probably pull in more views, but I'm not going there again. So, I guess ultimately, maybe success is going to have to be one's own satisfaction with one's work. I'm starting to think of my animation as my "model railroad": for ages people have spent a lot of time and money on their model railroads in their basements that almost nobody beyond friends and family and a few other model railroad enthusiasts ever saw or see. Maybe that will have to be enough. Tho, just maybe...   ;-)

On my Youtube Channel: Quest of the Key: Chapter One
animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

I have stopped chasing the number of views and put my films now on Vimeo, just to have a higher quality repository.

If I see that the umptieth shuffle dance short gets over a million views or more then why bother? 

Come to think of it, my most successful YouTube video (which is for a Marketplace product) would probably make a perfect short. I have to look into that.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I think it depends on the time you spent creating the animated movie.
In order for a youtube channel to reach the top with only animated films, the animations must be of AAA quality.
It takes years to finish a quality project like the animated movies on television.
I don't think anyone would spend years on just one video to be successful on youtube without making any money. After all, this requires a large team.
Of course, there are those who prepare animated films for hobby purposes. However, their desire to publish their videos as soon as possible causes them to compromise on quality.

I prepared the following tutorial video in 1.5-2 days on average.
The video attracted a little attention because it was instructive.
More professional results could have been achieved by spending more time creating this short film.
But for this you really need to have no other job.

Youtube algorithms value your video based on views
If there is a rapid increase in the number of viewers of your video when you first post the video, youtube continues to recommend the video to more users.
Short videos spread much faster
This allows you to reach a fast number of views
Even a short video of a nokia phone was watched 26 thousand times on my other youtube channel, which I can't spare time for yet.

Of course, this information is just my own opinion based on my experience.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

When you see some of the dumbest things go viral on the internet (I'm looking at you, unboxing videos), it does sometimes feel like "success"--in regards of views and subscribers--is as random as playing the lottery. Certainly effort is no guarantee of success in that regard--LOL. I think any of us
working in this sphere have dreamed at some point of producing something that really takes off, but there are a lot of factors that go into it. Not surprisingly, jacking into something.working in this sphere have dreamed at some point of producing something that really takes off, but there are a lot of factors that go into it. Not surprisingly, jacking into something.
that is already popular helps a lot--there are a ton of videos on Youtube that are just somebody playing a video game, and they get hundreds of thousands and even millions of views, so I guess if all I wanted was more subscribers, I'd stop animating and just record myself playing video games.

that is already popular helps a lot--there are a ton of videos on Youtube that are just somebody playing a video game, and they get hundreds of thousands and even millions of views, so I guess if all I wanted was more subscribers, I'd stop animating and just record myself playing video games.

Well Tim if you figure  how crack the youtube algorithm please share.
As far as the vertical shorts I would say forget about 3D animation!
if it is not a video of an attractive real life young female in  tight yoga pants with the keywords , Dating, feminism, Redpill, LGBTQ in the title then it will never go “viral” in the YT shorts category.

My channel is small (a little over 500 subs)
I have never even hit 10,000 views on any video.
As you can see my most viewed video is a 35 second test clip of a random guy getting kicked in the crotch ,knocking him off a bridge and getting impaled on a spike nearly seven years ago
The next highest is a fairly recent video tutorial on how to rig a Daz genesis 8 figure in blender with the paid auto rig pro addon but still use Daz mimic audio lipsync via the free diffeo plugin.

I have reached a dead end on tutorials because the Daz community does not care about animation and the Blender community
does not care about using  Daz figures & content or Reallusion
Iclone/CC4 for that matter.

I have tried a few popular genres in series animation from the HALO video game franchise to the popular “Ghost in the Shell” franchise with very little response from those fan bases or anyone else TBH.

I have kinda lost interest 3D animation ATM
I have a second channel that I might start uploading
movie analysis and commentary on the advances in AI art,https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/70500da1-db26-425f-ae16-70e4.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins

Edited
Last Year by AutoDidact
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think it depends on the time you spent creating the animated movie.
In order for a youtube channel to reach the top with only animated films, the animations must be of AAA quality.

@Yepkoo you are absolutely correct and I would emphasize
that the CHARACTER ANIMATIONS must be AAA quality
not so much the render engines & VFX.

I subscribe to this guys channel.
He uses the valve “source filmmaker” engine
not single “realtime reflection” to be found
No “lumen” no “nanite” no raytracing
No EEVEE or cycles I doubt you even need a GPU
His latest video hit over 700K in one month.
I could watch his work all day just based on the Character animation and cinematic camera work alone. 

Ghost Origins

Reading This Topic