Profile Picture

Export FBX with morphs

Posted By RustAndMagic Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
RustAndMagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi!
So I export an animated character from iClone as an FBX with animation on rig and also on morphs.
When I load the FBX into Blender (as an FBX or using the Blender CC tools) I get it imported, animation is there, my morphs are there, I can animate them in blender, but the actual keyframes on the morphs are lost so they are not animated, do I need to do anything special to get the morph keyframes included in the exported FBX ?

iClone 8.2 Blender 3.4.1 (CC/C pipeline 1.5.7)

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
That is a biggest puzzle I run into with iClone morphs. Some would work with export some would not.

I have this FT ticket opened for a few months now: https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/iClone-morphs-multiple-issues
But now a question to RL. You guys have not even made it Active yet (not to mention Assigned). It is still have status as NEW. What is going on??

Finally a tip. You may verify if the body, cloth or accessory morph would work on export before actually exporting.
Use Collect Clip for a range and save it as Motion+ file with right mouse click. Make sure to check Morphs box at the prompt.
Remove all animations from the character including morphs for body/cloth/accessory.
Apply saved Motion+ file to the character.
If morphs are animated you are good to go with the export. If not (even though morphs clip is applied separately to the morph track), then it would not work on export either.
And I do not know how to fix this random inconsistency with morphs, other than to recreate morphs one way or another (and again it might, or might not work after that).

Edited
Last Year by 4u2ges
RustAndMagic
RustAndMagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)

Hi!
Thanks, I tried with saving it to an iMotionPlus file and applied that to the character again and the morphs where gone there also.

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

There you go... So it will not export as well.

What part of the character morph is present for? Body, hair, cloth, or accessory?

I am once again trying to figure what a heck is the problem with that on some morphs...

ender570
ender570
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I realized the other day how it doesn't make sense that you can't choose morphs to send directly from character creator to iclone. The morphs already exist, why do I need to recreate them in Iclone? I shouldn't have to save a new file for each morph and open it in the morph creator, I should be able to select morphs that I want to include when being sent over to Iclone.

Unless I'm doing it wrong? Unsure
RustAndMagic
RustAndMagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

It was on cloth (a shirt), maybe it is related to not being a morph on the character itself.

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@ender570
I wish it would be that easy, but no. CC morphs involve bones deformation (at least many of them).
And applying and then converting them in Morphs Creator does not always work right.
One should be very cautious and only select mesh deformation morphs in CC for use in iClone.

@RustAndMagic
It should not matter being on character morph or not. The CAP below is not on character, but work fine for the export.

The issue, is morphs created outside of Morphs Creator and imported through CC I think.
Those might or might not work, might or might not show in morphs list and might or might not be exportable.

RL appears to have created a confusing routine for morphs handling and separation (CC vs IC).

Here is an example.. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fyD-oYaVkZEdIkgBceCtLdrtsxNhMCRF/view?usp=sharing
It contains 3 items of cloth: CAP, HAIR and SHIRT

HAIR - morph created a long time ago in Blender and imported as FBX (I think).
CAP - Just created a morph with OBJ in Morphs Creator.
SHIRT - Morphs was created a long time ago and I do not remember how Smile

Download, apply all to neutral base and compare the behavior with my table:

CAP                    HAIR            SHIRT
Morph seen in CC                        NO                     YES               YES
Morph seen in iClone                   YES                    YES               NO
Morph works in iClone                 YES                    YES               NO
Morph works exported                 YES                     NO                NO
Morph works saved to Motion+    YES                     NO               NO

After converting ALL to Accessory

Morph seen in CC                       YES                     YES                  YES
Morph seen in iClone                   YES                    YES                   YES
Morph works in iClone                 YES                    YES                   YES
Morph works exported                  NO                    NO                      NO
Morph works saved to Motion+    NO                     NO                     NO

After converting back to Cloth, behavior is the same as an Accessory.

Morph is a morph you say, why is it behaving differently for all 3 cloth items in the first place and then Accessory does not work in export at all?
Good question RL.. What do you think?  Whistling

Bottom line is, that we should not be limited to Morphs Creator, OBJ and iAvatar.
We should be able to successfully create/import morphs from FBX have them work in iClone and be exportable.

Edited
Last Year by 4u2ges
RustAndMagic
RustAndMagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Thanks for the help, I created one FBX for each morph instead and exported them as iAvatars and created the morphs in iClone instead and all works fine now, a little messy that will do for now.

arafat_498264
arafat_498264
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi can you tell me how I can try what you did because I can't open it in CC4 ?

Reading This Topic