Nature Terrain Generator question

Posted By will2power71 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
will2power71
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Is it possible to add your own morphs to the Nature Terrain Generator? I create terrains in  World Creator, and I would like to export the terrain mesh, conform it to the High resolution landmass, then reimport the mesh as a morph. I do this because it takes a long time to create a terrain by morphing one piece or a few at a time. I want to create grasslands and a scene that large requires a lot of fiddling back and forth. I have found a couple of options that make it far easier to get a general shape of the terrain than trying to manipulate individual morphs. I have also tried to export an already morphed landscape and it exports flat so I can't further develop it in zbrush or an outside application. It isn't such a bother when its a desert terrain, but if I want to do grasslands or hilly plains it's really time consuming. The only option that I have right now as it is is to just export the flat plain to Blender and use the terrain scuptor addon and bring it back in and then re-apply the textures to it. If it's not a feature, then I'd like to suggest it to the creator.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
No, its not a feature. The only way to add different morphs is to edit the code.
I added an edge curl morph to my copy and it required editing the code to add in the new "morph's".
What you want could be done but would require a bit of coding to do it.
It would be a nice feature to be able to added your own custom morphs though.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
Last Year by jlittle

Reading This Topic