Anybody using CTA5 in pipeline with Affinity Designer 2? I need help

Posted By Da_Drood 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Anybody using CTA5 in pipeline with Affinity Designer 2? I need help

Author
Da_Drood
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago
Since i was eager to be able to create my own SVG characters to use in CTA5 and I found a great offer on the Affinity Designer 2 website, i decided to buy the software, but i immediately found an issue. I'm struggling to understand how to connect CTA5 with Affinity Designer 2 (since it should be among the compatible SVG Editor's list, judging from the preferences panel in CTA5), since the installation for AD2 is not customizable and i'm using Windows 11. This had the software being installed in a super protected folder (even by user with adminitrator priviledges) which is absolutely ridiculous. This way i basically can't connect the two softwares to work in pipeline. I sent an email already to Affinity Serif development team to ask either for a solution or a refund, but obviouly i would hope for a solution since it seems a very good software.
Anyone else in the same situation struggling like me and maybe found a solution already that might help me?
Thanks ever so much to whoever will be so kind.

EDIT: It seems like Serif (Affinity devs) are working on MSI installers that will hopefully sort out this issue. :/
Edited
2 Years Ago by Da_Drood
Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Go back to Win 10.
Use win 11 after mid of 2023.
I have found on youtube videos that Windows 11 has a big problem with many design software. Some work, others crash, and others give problems like the one you having.

They can be resolved with a lot of tricks and tips if you search online,  but imagine that for some reason you have to format your windows in the mid of using these software, then you will have to go through the whole headache of installing and fixing these problems all over again.
Better use Windows 10, till all the major software has fixed their updates and Win 11 itself is patched up in the next six months to give a more stable environment for all designers.

For a person like me who uses all 2D and 3D software, it is a big no for 11. Moreover, my system is so old I cannot even install Win 11. 
Happy with my Win 10.

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.
Official Website  Reallusion Store  

animagic
animagic
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 minutes ago
I agree to stay with Windows 10, which will be good for several more years. I have perfectly fine PC that cannot even be upgraded.

I also have an Alienware laptop that supposedly could be upgraded but became unusable after Windows 11 was installed. It then turned out that Dell explicitly states that Windows 11 was not supported. Fortunately, it was easy to go back.

Also, if it all possible, don't get programs through the App store, as they will be managed by MS, not you.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Da_Drood
Da_Drood
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Never encountered any issue with Win 11 up till now, even if i'm defo not advocating for it.
Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Da_Drood (1/1/2023)
Never encountered any issue with Win 11 up till now, even if i'm defo not advocating for it.

Yes the issues with Win 11 are very random, it works for a lot of software and does not work for some software.

As I said always give Window's latest version a waiting period. Always worked for me and never had issues with any Windows Version unless someone hacked my Pc.

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.
Official Website  Reallusion Store  

Reading This Topic