Pose Offset CC4.12

Posted By cepheistudios 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cepheistudios
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I don't know when it happened, but at some point Reallusion radically changed Pose Offset in CC4. It used to be like this: https://manual.reallusion.com/character-creator-4/content/enu/4.0/05_Character/Using-Pose-Offset-for-Fixing-Limbs.htm
and now it looks like this:

Does anyone know how to change the limb angles of a character with exaggerated body proportions? It used to be easy and now it's difficult, especially for animations. I've already tried the Edit Pose tool under the Motion tab (seen below):

And this has limited effectiveness in animation. I need something that replicates what the previous version of what Pose Offset used to do. Maybe I'm just missing something.
4u2ges
This post has been flagged as an answer
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
It is practically the same thing only without a GUI with dummy.
You work directly with bones and rotate them respectively.

There is bug with Mirror check box where you have to uncheck and check back for every other bone you work with, which I meant to report for a while. Now it's in: https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Pose-Offset-issue-with-Mirror-check-box

Here is how you do it (I have also shown the bug):

And do not forget about this new feature called Proportion - a great way to quickly rectify body disproportion without any sliders.
Like in this case I would've first moved clavicle bone to widen shoulders a bit before using Pose Offset.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
cepheistudios
cepheistudios
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)Veteran Member (974 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Yes. This is the answer. I just tested it and it worked perfectly. Thanks so much for your quick and thorough reply. Hopefully other people will see this and it will help them.

Reading This Topic